10+ Year Old Account

Cool What something obsolete you use today?

What something obsolete you use today?

Mine is a 4 head Sony VCR. In pristine condition.

Mostly for very old movies I never converted.

But I still have a few movies.

How about you anything you’ve had you can’t let go?
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2017-11-14 at 02:29 AM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

7+ Year Old Account
    I have a Record player I found in a storage shed when I was 5 years old. Still works today and randomly play it when I'm bored or when its too quiet.

I use this strange "plug into the power socket of your car" thing to play my ipad through my radio even though my car has the ability to use something far more convenient. I have just had this thing for like over a decade and don't want to replace it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    I use this strange "plug into the power socket of your car" thing to play my ipad through my radio even though my car has the ability to use something far more convenient. I have just had this thing for like over a decade and don't want to replace it.
    Lol yeah I get that way. When something has been with me a long time I can’t toss it. But medals or awards I toss I hate clutter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Lol yeah I get that way. When something has been with me a long time I can’t toss it. But medals or awards I toss I hate clutter.
    I used my ipod for like, way too long despite having an easy upgrade just because it had been with me for longer than most people. The buttons barely even worked anymore before I decided to retire her. :c I get way too attached to objects that have no consciousness.(Don't get me started on stuffed animals >.>)

Any shitty award I won growing up was trashed the moment a person that "was so proud of me getting it" stopped watching, so I feel you there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still have my GBA SP and actively play all my gba games. Cobalt blue hype.

Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

until recently i used an FM modulator to stream my phone to my trucks radio, but then i updated that to a modern system with blue tooth.. so currently not sure. I generally have no issues replacing tech, but i have t-shirts from middle school because i remember a major even that happened when i wore it, or it was from a band comp or something.. so i keep them.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

I guess Windows XP on my main machine? But I'm always a few versions behind on Windows. Fuck MS.

Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    I still have my GBA SP and actively play all my gba games. Cobalt blue hype.

Still have mine in a drawer, and there were a bunch of games I meant to finish...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    I used my ipod for like, way too long despite having an easy upgrade just because it had been with me for longer than most people. The buttons barely even worked anymore before I decided to retire her. :c I get way too attached to objects that have no consciousness.(Don't get me started on stuffed animals >.>)

Any shitty award I won growing up was trashed the moment a person that "was so proud of me getting it" stopped watching, so I feel you there.

Well I do have.

Mostly because of memories Santa Bears used to be collectible.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I guess my car radio when I'm to lazy to open up Spotify.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I guess Windows XP on my main machine? But I'm always a few versions behind on Windows. Fuck MS.

Still have mine in a drawer, and there were a bunch of games I meant to finish...
    Do you still play it?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A 1920's monkey wrench. Which is really a old time crescent wrench. I use it often. I got it along with several other old tools out of a shed when I bought a piece of property and the owner said everything there would be mine. I guess it is not obsolete as such. But it is not one you can buy today.

We still have some old VCR videos and tapes. Cassette tapes, etc. And I still have my old JVC video camcorder which still works. The type which was so big it had to be on your shoulder. Heavy sucker. I have some old video games which were played using a floppy disc and still have the old computer which can use those. It still works too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Do you still play it?
    Hmm, I guess I haven't in several years. I used to play it on the train but now I have Marvel Unlimited so I'm too busy reading comic books.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    i still have this console i play games on:
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    A 1920's monkey wrench. Which is really a old time crescent wrench. I use it often. I got it along with several other old tools out of a shed when I bought a piece of property and the owner said everything there would be mine. I guess it is not obsolete as such. But it is not one you can buy today.

We still have some old VCR videos and tapes. Cassette tapes, etc. And I still have my old JVC video camcorder which still works. The type which was so big it had to be on your shoulder. Heavy sucker. I have some old video games which were played using a floppy disc and still have the old computer which can use those. It still works too.
    Honestly that is cool as hell GP. I love it because tools you can always use and last forever if you take care of them. Knew a guy who had some wrenches passed down from his dad and dads dad.

Very cool camera wish I had my old one. Probably couldn’t find blank tapes for it now. Very cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i still have this console i play games on:
    Lol sweet. Loved playing Road Rash on that so many good memories.

10+ Year Old Account
    road rash 64 is best road rash:
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fat Playstation 2. All 3 of my Dualshocks suck, with sticky buttons and worn analog sticks. It's basically impossible to find anything above average condition at this point without paying way way way too much.

Katamari Damacy, Burnout Revenge, Soul Calibur 3, Final Fantasy XII, Genji: Dawn of the Samurai, and my favourite game of all time, Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria. Honourable mention to Shadow of the Colossus, which I own on PS3.

I've played and owned hundreds upon hundreds of PS2 games, but those are the only ones left in my collection, for one reason or another.

It was the console for me even though I was exposed to everything Nintendo had made up to the Gamecube for most of my childhood. Playing multiplayer games on SNES, N64 and Gamecube was fun. Exploring the NES was great. Dipping my toes into the world of Colecovision and Sega Master System felt so strange and unique, like an undiscovered corner of gaming none of my friends talked about.

Playstation 1 is what got me started in 3D graphics at home and single player games, but Playstation 2 wrapped everything I had learned and loved about gaming and gave it to me with awesome graphics and a COLOSSAL library of games. The second hand market was booming in my town, and I traded games weekly for over a decade.

There will never be another console like it for me.
    Last edited by MonsieuRoberts; 2017-11-14 at 03:14 AM.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥