Deleted

Disc: have you ever gone CoW/Grace purely for tank busters?

Is there a scenario in which you have gone down the now-less-than-traditional route of CoW/Grace and become the tank protector? If so, and if EVER, what scenario has made you do this?

Deleted
    There is nothing wrong with CoW/Grace in a M+ setting with the affixes: Necrotic/Tyrannical. Not only are you reducing the damage but CoWs act as mitigation that is not affected by those affixes. For raiding I don't really think Discs toolkit is intended for that as its more of preplanning burst.

Outside of M+ dungeons? Two times in tomb.

First time was Host - healing outside. Because we're "only" 10 people up, and damage is super predictable / over quickly (soulbinds, AOE in last phase), Evangelism barely saw any use. So instead I took Grace, because our paladin tank would take a beating when two bosses were on him. Fuck, I'd occasionally use my legendary trinket to single-target heal by popping radiances, the trinket, then just dpsing; Everyone but tank's topped, so all the overhealing would just pour into him and instantly top him.

Second time was Maiden. Monk/Paladin tank were both very close to dying on some hammers, so I took Clarity of Will so I could throw ~2M worth of absorbs on them for each hammer to ensure stability.

Both things have their niches.

Quote Originally Posted by Lkarri View Post
    There is nothing wrong with CoW/Grace in a M+ setting with the affixes: Necrotic/Tyrannical. Not only are you reducing the damage but CoWs act as mitigation that is not affected by those affixes. For raiding I don't really think Discs toolkit is intended for that as its more of preplanning burst.
    I'm like, 99.9998% sure necrotic affects CoW dude <.<.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    I'm like, 99.9998% sure necrotic affects CoW dude <.<.[/FONT]
    It does,tank here
    Last edited by ONCHEhap; 2017-11-15 at 12:59 AM. Reason: typo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    I'm like, 99.9998% sure necrotic affects CoW dude <.<.
    I assumed it did considering it was absorbtion, my mistake. Though still CoW is still a good pick for those affixes and for what OP wants to attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    It does,tank here
    Of course it does, at the moment it lands, not at the moment the damage absorb happens, though.