Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I don't believe letting everyone opt-out of pvp will save pvp?

Part of wPvP is finding people who don't want to pvp, like "claiming" farming spots, unfortunately now both things are gone, so gonna be rest of wpvp.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    I can't recall for certain, but will try to look.
    It may be related to azerite, the artifact power replacement.
    A boost to that, from the extra risk going around PvP flagged - or maybe reputation, maybe both.

And if World PvP is "back" because it now has a reward, then that just shows what I have been saying for a very long time.
    That players are now driven too much by reward, rather than enjoyment.
    What it costs you rather than what it gives you.

As Oscar Wilde put it, "A man who knows the price of everything, and the value of nothing."
    Where is the enjoyment in 5v1 someone?

The problem as to why WPvP is worthless is because its an unbalanced retarded mess, blocked by stupidly long respawn timers.

I was Prot when Legion launched on a server that went from 50-50 ratio up to Cataclysm were because 1 guild started gaining rankings and hit the Top 10 the server ratio shifted to 80-20 over the years slowly and its an unplayable mess for a Horde player.

So as a Prot, with the broken ass Ignore Pain, especially after it was unlocked to not have a 40% limit, i could what? 1v5 everyone cause they were undergeared with no op-genderies, combined with my self-heal bracers, a 100% uptime on Ignore Pain, never losing health unless i got something like focused by all 5-10 of them at the same time, which never happened cause we was never actual 5v1, it was more like, retard rogue trying to 1v1 me, only to get 2 shotted, followed by retard <another alliance> doing the same, in the end they would gather up and still get owned.

I still didnt find it fun, i found it a waste of time, and transferring to a 99.8% horde ratio server was the best choice possible.

For WPvP to be fun, the resurrection should be same as PvP, 30 seconds respawn on the spirit healers, more of them throughout the areas with some sort of reward-system in the area, otherwise no one would ever fucking bother.

The reward doesnt have to be items,it can be crafting materials, or whatever, or chance for titanforge, etc people would do it.

Considering i LAN (net cafe) with multiple people to play WoW over the years, the only people that enjoy WPvP are the kinda "I never grew up and slightly mentally unstable" type that dont want to PvP, they want to outlevel and outgear the target to feel superior, its a whole another issue of Psychology.

While the rest of us are always like "zzzz, i have shit to farm, fuck off with your waste of time PvP".
    Last edited by potis; 2017-11-23 at 03:44 PM.

but but but.... they cant gank the level 20 trying to level anymore. world pvp is dead, as the best part was OBVIOUSLY ganking people that couldnt fight back!

If they want to promote wPvP and give incentive to toggle PvP, It pretty much needs to happen along with removal of PvP talents and making 150% crit baseline for both PvP and PvE targets. In any other way wPvP will be as shtty as it is now, and I don't foresee many people willing to participate in such unfair unbalanced mess we have now.
    It really depends on how they will carry it out. I they will repeat:
    https://youtu.be/X6AUq-MXZME?t=700
    "Thats kind of.. what wPvP is ;DDDDDDD, and we just let things hang out, and aaa CERTAINLY there will be some BIG power gaps there and we are WILLING to accept THAT."

Idea is great one, especially since I was suggesting almost exact same a while back, so yeah.
    The only people at loss are bads lurking for easy targets that actually don't fight back, no big deal- they can go to hell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bargh View Post
    I don't believe letting everyone opt-out of pvp will save pvp?

Part of wPvP is finding people who don't want to pvp, like "claiming" farming spots, unfortunately now both things are gone, so gonna be rest of wpvp.
    :-D :-D :-D

I like your sarcasm. :-) W-PvP being about finding people who do not want to PvP.... that is so great. Good sarcastic statement for all those cowards defending their shitty ganking behavior as being real W-PvP and not, what it normally would be, finding people who DO want and are ready for PvP, actually being a challenge and in for a good fight.

Driving those cowardly sociopaths out of the game is the first and make their lives miserable is the best thing Blizz can do to save W-PvP. A good first step to a better W-PvP and less toxic playerbase overall. And if they manage to actually bring in rewards and W-PvP content that is worthwhile it will definitely be the end of W-PvP ;-) You are soooo right damn you Blizz, how can you dare to kill off W-PvP.

Hell
    Make WPvP Great Again!