Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    I know what they said.

    They can also take a warlock, burn out his eyes, give him glaives and then claim he's still a warlock, but he isn't.
    Actually, he still would be. A very stupid and blind warlock, but a warlock.

  2. #122
    Is it just me that thinks this whole thread is kinda silly? Arguing over why a character doesn't wear what we all wear for our classes in game? Probably because we only wear those armour types for gameplay mechanics, that's it. The same reason as why we can resurrect over and over and yet characters can die for good. In lore terms there is nothing saying "X class has to wear X armour type"

  3. #123
    One day when I'm bored and have enough time I'm going to conduct a study to trying and figure out what levels of autism are required to try and apply game mechanics to something like this. I'm sure it's pretty damn high but I'm interested to know exact numbers.

  4. #124
    Because he is a king and the laws of equipment don't apply to kings.

  5. #125
    Op is prolly the most dumb stubborn person currently on mmochampion, the saying that when people here arguments that counter act their beliefs they become more steadfast could never be more true. The literal creators of the character Aduin have told you what he is and you say "nope hero derp I know all hes a paladin". Putting on some armour and wielding the light does not automatically make someone a pally, nor does learning an arcane spell and putting on a pointed hat make someone a mage. A modern wow iteration of a paladin has culture, skill, training and a mentality behind it they are not jst a plate in armour with a weapon they are warriors who wield light. Only the literal first iterations of paladins were priests who took up a sword. Now they are entire separate military faction.

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Exactly. Why people don’t see this in the cinematic is beyond me.
    I think some dev also confirmed this in an interview post blizzcon. Something along the lines of him embracing his role as a priest and servant of the light, and not a frontline warrior

  7. #127
    I mean that would be us narrowing priests identity down to what they wear. My mage wears a pretty priest looking transmog but I still shoot fire balls at people. I think he just prefers a different garb than other priests.

  8. #128
    Sigh. Because the only reason priests wear cloth is because we players have to wear different armour types for several gameplay and design reasons. Anduin is not a player - The discussion is irrelevant.

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    The hardest thing they ever lifted in their entire life was probably a big book, so a full armor? They would collapse.
    You have no idea how much actual armour weighs. Its hardly an impossible burden, any normal person could carry the weight well enough. They don't wear metal because thematically it interferes with the flow of magic. Thats always been the reason for mages wearing cloth in every game ever.

  10. #130
    Because in lore stupid gameplay mechanics don't apply. We have put wannabe leaders into gaudy plate armor and put them on the sidelines of battlefields for centuries, why would this honestly surprise anyone with more than 2 brain-cells?

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    It's not just his helmet, it's also Shalamayne. I mean when he took it up in the cinematic the forums were exploding with topics that said "Anduin is becoming a paladin". It was so obvious. Now this doesn't make sense.
    I think it's mostly because of their bound(father and son), and also his own power. He put the light inside that sword. We'll have to wait and see what will happen in BFA.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    You have no idea how much actual armour weighs. Its hardly an impossible burden, any normal person could carry the weight well enough. They don't wear metal because thematically it interferes with the flow of magic. Thats always been the reason for mages wearing cloth in every game ever.
    The closest thing to the armor I wore in my life was probably army full equipment(~15/20kg) and it was seriously pain if you had to run with it in a sunny day. But as I wrote in the previous post - it would be still hard thing to do, I mean to let them(mages/warlocks etc.) wear armor. They also have their magical armor, so they don't really need it.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2017-11-16 at 10:02 AM.

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by Contego View Post
    I think some dev also confirmed this in an interview post blizzcon. Something along the lines of him embracing his role as a priest and servant of the light, and not a frontline warrior
    Why would it? He's much more a holy paladin than a priest.

  13. #133
    He definitely swung that sword like a Priest, lmao. Varian’s /facepalming in Hell.
    Last edited by Broken Fox; 2017-11-16 at 06:36 PM.

  14. #134
    The logic is that the closest approximation he has is a priest, but he can do stuff that other priests can't. The Named NPCs aren't beholden to class mechanics like us for the sake of balance as they'll never be playable in WoW.

  15. #135
    Anduin "Jaden Smith" Wrynn wears a dress

  16. #136
    dont listen to those who say *leaders are an exception when it comes to armor* in fact they arent!, blizzard is going to give plate armor on one priest spec and tanking aswell.

  17. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    He definitely swung that sword like a Priest, lmao. Varian’s /facepalming in Hell.
    hahahaha

    and on a side note ive accepted that anduin may be a priest can everyone stop being edgy and calling me autistic?

  18. #138
    Bloodsail Admiral Clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Kamino
    Posts
    1,180
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Because he's a paladin. A priest who puts on plate armor and wields a sword is a paladin. Blizzard is being incredibly retarded about this.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Then why isn't everyone wearing plate armor in game? lol
    That's not how it works. Paladins are part of a special organization. Priests don't put on armor and suddenly become paladins anymore than paladins becoming priests after taking off armor.

    Your continued insistence that Anduin is a paladin is plain ignorant.

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Why would it? He's much more a holy paladin than a priest.
    Geee I dunno... Maybe because he has trained as a priest his whole life? He put that armor on while wielding his father's sword, in an attempt to follow in his father's footsteps as a frontline warrior to honor his legacy, but quickly realized it wasn't his path. Priests and paladins don't have the same training, except they both draw power from the light. That's like saying affliction warlocks and demon hunters are the same, just because they use fel. And please stop using the plate armor as an argument, as I said, that was because he tried to be like his father.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •