Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Because he's just fabulous !

It's because he's a manly man.

Deleted
    Oh man, it could be so simple.
    Lore-wise all heroes could wear what they want, there is only the rule of game mechanics in place here. If a priest wants to wear plate, so be it, but he will suffer consequences.

I think people often get confused between game mechanics, lore and real physics.

Game mechanics are done for game play reasons not because they would necessarily translate 100% into the 'real world' (or a fictional 'real Azeorth').

You really think my strong Tauren Druid couldn't physically equip platemail armour if he wanting to? Or wield a two-handed sword instead of a staff if he found a nice one?

Druids do their shapeshifting better if they aren't wearing clunky armour. (Who knows where their armour and inventory go when they shapeshift?). Priests probably cast spells easier if they aren't restricted by armour.

Anduin is wearing armour and using his Dad's sword because he is trying to be his Dad, having had to take up the mantle of leadership way earlier then he would have liked. So he tries to mimic his Dad, but will ultimately find his own way to fight (i.e. become a 'proper' priest).

Its not like Anduin was born with the priest tag on his forehead so now he can't wear platemail at any time during his life.

Honestly I fail to the discussion beyond what I've just said.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    It’s their game; they decide what is and isn’t. It’s clear you don’t agree with that, which is fine, but he’s still a Priest.
    They do not decide what is logical. Sure they can say Anduin is a priest, but that doesn't mean it makes sense.

Like I gave the example, a warlock that fits the description of a demon hunter is not a warlock anymore, but a demon hunter. Continuing to call him a warlock doesn't make him one.

I mean imagine Varian started using the light. People obviously would be like "so he is a paladin now?". And then Blizzard says "no, he's still a warrior, he's a character so he can do things blabla". It makes no sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I get it, but he's probably trying to be like his father. The cinematic explains it. When he's wearing his helmet - he wants to look intimidating, like a warrior his father was. Unfortunately Saurfang pushes him and his helm falls off, revealing his true face - a delicate boy who is not a warrior, but a priest. So instead of using physical power he's calling Light for help, and she's listening to him.

This cinematic is about Anduin hesitation(warrior(with helmet) vs priest(without helmet)) and it's explaining it pretty well.

Anyway - his last name is Wrynn, not Menethil, you must have mistaken him with Arthas.
    It's not just his helmet, it's also Shalamayne. I mean when he took it up in the cinematic the forums were exploding with topics that said "Anduin is becoming a paladin". It was so obvious. Now this doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    I know what they said.

They can also take a warlock, burn out his eyes, give him glaives and then claim he's still a warlock, but he isn't.
    Actually, he still would be. A very stupid and blind warlock, but a warlock.

Is it just me that thinks this whole thread is kinda silly? Arguing over why a character doesn't wear what we all wear for our classes in game? Probably because we only wear those armour types for gameplay mechanics, that's it. The same reason as why we can resurrect over and over and yet characters can die for good. In lore terms there is nothing saying "X class has to wear X armour type"

One day when I'm bored and have enough time I'm going to conduct a study to trying and figure out what levels of autism are required to try and apply game mechanics to something like this. I'm sure it's pretty damn high but I'm interested to know exact numbers.

Deleted
    Because he is a king and the laws of equipment don't apply to kings.

Op is prolly the most dumb stubborn person currently on mmochampion, the saying that when people here arguments that counter act their beliefs they become more steadfast could never be more true. The literal creators of the character Aduin have told you what he is and you say "nope hero derp I know all hes a paladin". Putting on some armour and wielding the light does not automatically make someone a pally, nor does learning an arcane spell and putting on a pointed hat make someone a mage. A modern wow iteration of a paladin has culture, skill, training and a mentality behind it they are not jst a plate in armour with a weapon they are warriors who wield light. Only the literal first iterations of paladins were priests who took up a sword. Now they are entire separate military faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Exactly. Why people don’t see this in the cinematic is beyond me.
    I think some dev also confirmed this in an interview post blizzcon. Something along the lines of him embracing his role as a priest and servant of the light, and not a frontline warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    We were created by the biblical God.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    There's as much evidence for Santa as for darwinian evolution.
    The irony

I mean that would be us narrowing priests identity down to what they wear. My mage wears a pretty priest looking transmog but I still shoot fire balls at people. I think he just prefers a different garb than other priests.

Deleted
    Sigh. Because the only reason priests wear cloth is because we players have to wear different armour types for several gameplay and design reasons. Anduin is not a player - The discussion is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    The hardest thing they ever lifted in their entire life was probably a big book, so a full armor? They would collapse.
    You have no idea how much actual armour weighs. Its hardly an impossible burden, any normal person could carry the weight well enough. They don't wear metal because thematically it interferes with the flow of magic. Thats always been the reason for mages wearing cloth in every game ever.

Because in lore stupid gameplay mechanics don't apply. We have put wannabe leaders into gaudy plate armor and put them on the sidelines of battlefields for centuries, why would this honestly surprise anyone with more than 2 brain-cells?

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    It's not just his helmet, it's also Shalamayne. I mean when he took it up in the cinematic the forums were exploding with topics that said "Anduin is becoming a paladin". It was so obvious. Now this doesn't make sense.
    I think it's mostly because of their bound(father and son), and also his own power. He put the light inside that sword. We'll have to wait and see what will happen in BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    You have no idea how much actual armour weighs. Its hardly an impossible burden, any normal person could carry the weight well enough. They don't wear metal because thematically it interferes with the flow of magic. Thats always been the reason for mages wearing cloth in every game ever.
    The closest thing to the armor I wore in my life was probably army full equipment(~15/20kg) and it was seriously pain if you had to run with it in a sunny day. But as I wrote in the previous post - it would be still hard thing to do, I mean to let them(mages/warlocks etc.) wear armor. They also have their magical armor, so they don't really need it.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2017-11-16 at 10:02 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Contego View Post
    I think some dev also confirmed this in an interview post blizzcon. Something along the lines of him embracing his role as a priest and servant of the light, and not a frontline warrior
    Why would it? He's much more a holy paladin than a priest.

He definitely swung that sword like a Priest, lmao. Varian’s /facepalming in Hell.
    Last edited by Broken Fox; 2017-11-16 at 06:36 PM.

Deleted
    The logic is that the closest approximation he has is a priest, but he can do stuff that other priests can't. The Named NPCs aren't beholden to class mechanics like us for the sake of balance as they'll never be playable in WoW.

Anduin "Jaden Smith" Wrynn wears a dress