Why we can't have a true classic experience.

1. The amount of content that is out for wow.

Websites with vast databases
    Guides
    Addons
    Past experiences

We didn't have crazy addons which pointed where to go. Questhelper wasn't a thing.

we didn't have wowhead.

We had thottbot which might have had a few comments or a general idea of where something was. Or we asked in general chat.

We were clueless..

2. We already know what will be needed.

Resistance, spawn location of different things, Nature resists and frost resist gear in future 1.xx patches. We know that we need dwarfs or undead for healers and tanks.

3. We don't play with the same people.

There won't be nostalgia feeling.
    Last edited by nomorepriest; 2017-11-14 at 02:06 PM.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks, that's the first thread I've ever read on this subject.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Thanks, that's the first thread I've ever read on this subject.
    I'm not on this forum as much as you. My 990 post count vs your 4450

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepriest View Post
    My 35+ posts vs your 960+... stop spamming!

Just take a look at the topics already active before making a thread if you want to avoid making a redundant thread.

How many threads are you gonna make about how Classic WoW wont be Classic WoW?

Let it release and then judge

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because post count is an indication on how well you can use the search function?
    Thread: Ranged vs Melee which is easier in PvE?
    'Originally Posted by Thelxi'
    Dragon farts stink so ranged

What a refreshing and original topic on these forums.

Deleted
    I sadly agree with op. So many people do not realize that you cannot enjoy the game as you enjoyed it when you were a noob.
    You remember emotions you cannot live again in the same situation, since there won't be any surprise for you since you already know the game.
    The pleasure of discovery/exploration is no longer possibile to gain since you already achieved It.

WoW Classic hype is 99% wasted around some nostalgia trip that will be satisfied after a few weeks of gameplay.

If I had the chance to reset my wow memory I would do it, and maybe also going back to my 16 y.o. with nothing but exciting curiosity by my side.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricirich91 View Post
    I sadly agree with op. So many people do not realize that you cannot enjoy the game as you enjoyed it when you were a noob.
    You remember emotions you cannot live again in the same situation, since there won't be any surprise for you since you already know the game.
    The pleasure of discovery/exploration is no longer possibile to gain since you already achieved It.

WoW Classic hype is 99% wasted around some nostalgia trip that will be satisfied after a few weeks of gameplay.

If I had the chance to reset my wow memory I would do it, and maybe also going back to my 16 y.o. with nothing but exciting curiosity by my side.
    Except a lot of people just tried it recently and found it is a preferable gameplay. Me included.

You don't have to hang out here in the Classic forums if it makes you sad and salty.

it doesn't matter if its exactly the same or similar, I think it will be good enough to give ppl an idea or whispers of the past, it won't be the same but it'll be similar enough that you'll be able to get some of those old experiences again, the game play is a lot different than it is today and in some ways even i would like to go back to simpler times. if you can get into a guild running zg/mc and casually progressing, i think classic could be a lot of fun to run through with no expansion looming on the horizon waiting to cut your game short. sure it'll eventually get boring and there will be way more min/maxing this time. but honestly i'd like to run the raid content again with a better pc and see what its like curious to see how good i am as a level 60 with the experience of the expansion content.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2017-11-14 at 02:59 PM.

Just check priv servers, yea its not 100% as it was but you can still enjoy zg/mc or 12 hours av

They should disable most addons for Classic, imho.

- - - Updated - - -

But let me have Weak Auras to track my hunter ammo and pet happiness

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    How do you explain re watching a classic movie? Because i still experience immense joy and nostalgia, despite knowing that yes, John McClain will defeat the bad terrorists in Die Hard?

I still experience joy from playing Super Mario Bros 3 on the NES. Despite knowing every level like the back of my hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Just take a look at the topics already active before making a thread if you want to avoid making a redundant thread.
    See that's the problem here, people don't give a shit.

I know one reason I won't be going back to the classic servers. Immunities. I remember on my first toon, a human warrior. Westfall was hell. Elementals are immune to nature (thunder clap, poisons), their own element, and bleeds. Mechanicals are also immune to nature and bleeds. Most undead were immune to bleeds. I long wondered why they bothered giving warriors things like thunder clap and rend and rogues things like poisons if they worked on next to nothing.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

You can force yourself to not know stuff,kind of how you can force yourself to ignore metagame stuff in a D&D game because your character shouldn't know.

I know for one that everytime I played a vanilla server I went there blank-minded,with no addons,and without looking up everything,as it is what the true classic experience was.

You just gotta refrain yourself from min-maxing

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I know one reason I won't be going back to the classic servers. Immunities. I remember on my first toon, a human warrior. Westfall was hell. Elementals are immune to nature (thunder clap, poisons), their own element, and bleeds. Mechanicals are also immune to nature and bleeds. Most undead were immune to bleeds. I long wondered why they bothered giving warriors things like thunder clap and rend and rogues things like poisons if they worked on next to nothing.
    In my opinion they used immunities and resistances way too sparsely for both players and mobs. Sure it was annoying to see the mobs you needed to kill were immune to cold and you had to use your untalented fireballs but that was just a one thing that made the game more interesting. You had to learn to adapt to a situation at hand and not just spam the same buttons over and over again.