Thread: Help comfort me

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account

Help comfort me

I changed my loot spec midfight from "fire" to "frost" so I can get a frost relic. After the fight was done I got a frost legendary. That could've been the fire bracers or the fire belt. I'm so stupid for changing my loot spec midfight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    I changed my loot spec midfight from "fire" to "frost" so I can get a frost relic. After the fight was done I got a frost legendary. That could've been the fire bracers or the fire belt. I'm so stupid for changing my loot spec midfight.
    OH OUCH! well if it makes u feel better. i was in tank loot setting for some reason on my broke ass demon hunter alt, and ended with with tank bracers that im still stuck with to this day (this was more than a few months ago lol).

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, if you had many fire legendaries, the chances of getting another one in that boss were much smaller than getting a Frost legendary. The bad luck protection calculates your chances of a Fire-spec relic separated from your chances of getting a frost one.

7+ Year Old Account
    In the same boat, resto druid loot spec set to tank and the only lego to drop was a tanking lego.......

Equipped them just for the ilv and stats

So pissed off I shelved the druid for months and rarely play him

See the stupid lego and get pissed all over again lol

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Actually, if you had many fire legendaries, the chances of getting another one in that boss were much smaller than getting a Frost legendary. The bad luck protection calculates your chances of a Fire-spec relic separated from your chances of getting a frost one.
    This right here, you actually didn't hurt your fire chances if you got a frost specific because it's all handled on a "can i use" basis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Yep, OP shouldn't feel bad at all.

Like other posters have stated, they have separate rolls.

If you have more fire legendaries than frost legendaries already then chances are you wouldn't have gotten anything at all.

But the real question is: if you don't want frost legendendaries then why even want frost relics at all? Makes zero sense.

I got the Retri shoulders on my Paladin alt, but i play as a Healer and the Disc helm for My priest, but i play Holy.

Feels bad.

had a fail moment just now on my 101 priest, had a boa legendary token and used it without checking my loot spec so now have a disc legendary. Ah well at least was +300 ilev.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    If you have more fire legendaries than frost legendaries already then chances are you wouldn't have gotten anything at all.

But the real question is: if you don't want frost legendendaries then why even want frost relics at all? Makes zero sense.
    I main frost but I wanted to play fire for AoE fights

Don't worry, you didn't miss out on anything. Even if you never change specs, you'll eventually get all legendaries for your class and after that even tokens for alts.

Comfort yourself with food!

OP, not end of the world... I've forgotten to have my loot set to my off spec... was on current; gotten 5 legendaries so far for a spec I don't use!

I main frost but I wanted to play fire for AoE fights
    Oh and I guess you already have all the good frost legendary, yeah in that case that sucks lol.

In 2 weeks time you aren't going to want the belt nearly as much, so don't be too upset about that.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."