Do blizzard blues ever engage in lore discussion?

This is something that bug me a lot, blizzard dev often (even if not as much as GC era) engage in discussion on pretty much every aspect of wow yet i don't remember someone responsible for the lore department intervening at all, do blizzard intentionally avoid any story related thread?
    Do those who write lore avoid any confrontation with fans?

what's your opinion in the lack of interaction btw fans and the writers of warcraft?
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    It could always use more lore interaction
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it has more to do with the lore itself, than wanting to interact with the community. World of Warcraft has A LOT of lore, even we can attest to that, so the person would have to have a huge knowledge of the lore (the biggest, and the smallest most insignificant matters), information of upcoming story arcs as to not accidentally spoil anything, and if they happen to make any mistakes, it'll be hard to refute them, because many people take blue posts as gospel. So they probably figure they're better off not saying anything at all.
    “Sometimes its not the strength but gentleness that cracks the hardest shells.” ― Richard Paul Evans, Lost December

10+ Year Old Account
    Rarely. There's very few that know the -whole- story, and what they can and can't just retcon at will.

Better to stay silent than make a fool of oneself. Maybe I should follow that advice sometimes...
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Well, to be fair, most discussions would have been over really fast when a Blizzard developer gets involved (assuming they aren't shitposting to destress under some other accounts' names, which they might be). Each of us has our own opinions, that's why we have our discussions to present our own, argue with & learn from each other's. However, when it comes to devs, theirs are no longer opinions but facts instead. We may have, for example, 20 pages of talking back and forth about "Is Sylvanas good or evil?" or "What do Il'Gynoth's whispers mean?", but the moment a dev drop a single line "She is good / evil / both / either" or "Those whispers means <blahblah>", the matter is settled. There wouldn't any "I disagree" / "I don't think so" opinion that wouldn't be headcanon anymore. It would even be worse if the dev is actually wrong, as that wrong bit of their post will still become canon - they probably won't enjoy fixing that mess.

Joining discussion isn't the only available form of interacting, though. They answered a lot of things in form of Twitter posts / forum posts / interviews.
    (I'm not counting all those "Blizzard's writing is terrible"-esque topics which they obviously wouldn't want to join in)
    Last edited by Qualia; 2017-11-15 at 01:22 AM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

15+ Year Old Account
    They used to have semi-regular lore QAs, but the CMs really aren't authorities on the lore.

Also, Blizzard likes to keep the lore fluid so they can pursue new ideas, so in a lot of cases they would rather keep things ambiguous.