Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Delete titanforging and welfare.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    When you can get better gear from M+ its not really paranoid, why bother raiding when its twice the effort for the same reward. Blizzard is shooting raiding in the foot.
    It's very very simple. I enjoy raiding with the people in my guild. The people in my guild like raiding. End of conversation.

Deleted
    While I did like the set bonuses, I always hated that you need to keep wearing items that weren't really stat optimal, or lower ilvl cause you didn't have better, just because you wanted to keep the bonus.

So yeah...I'll defo miss the bonus, but I'm happy with the flexibility.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    It's very very simple. I enjoy raiding with the people in my guild. The people in my guild like raiding. End of conversation.
    Historically people take the path of least resistance, I can only hope that your guild is as together as you say, but history says otherwise. People everywhere are already bitching they walk into heroic with no chance at an upgrade, what happens when that fully becomes true.

I'm fine with it for the most part, but I would like some more info.

10+ Year Old Account
    wouldn't it be hilarious if Blizz made a 4-set with bonuses from Neck/2 ring/2 Trink combo, 4 of the 5 makes a set and everyone is happy again. i mean it is possible, as the wording is Traditional set bonuses...makes you wonder.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karzerus View Post
    I fucking hate Titanforging. They need to remove that, but I know the arrogant asses won't until at least the expansion after BfA.
    I'm right there with you, but it was inevitable after the move towards 4 raid difficulties and 20+ dungeon difficulties. This game is an action RPG like Diablo now and it's not going back. Long gone are the days of killing a one of a kind boss and getting a one of a kind piece of gear. See you in Classic.
    Last edited by Trollfat; 2017-11-15 at 05:33 AM.
    HEROES NEVER DIE

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Does removing tier set bonuses actually simplify the game? With tier sets it's just "farm up your tier set so you can get set bonuses."

The most complicated aspect of them is figuring out when it's a DPS increase to break your set bonus for a new piece of gear.
    I'm not talking about set bonuses, i couldn't care less about that. I'm talking about the fact they're taking away tier sets. With each tier, everyone gets a set of gear tailored to their class. In BfA that won't happen, every warrior/dk/paladin, shaman/hunter, rogue/monk/druid/dh, priest/mage/warlock, is going to look the same(transmog aside).

My concern is purely from an aesthetic point of view. There will be a less armor designs in the game, a lot less. Azerite gear looks the same for every class that uses the same armor type, that just confirms it.
    Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2017-11-15 at 05:46 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not sure on how to feel with this one. It can be annoying having to farm the older raids for the tier sets, as well as considering breaking your 4 piece or whatnot for a legendary, or a insane titanforge.

Eh, I think I don't much care.

Quote Originally Posted by huehuehue View Post
    I'm going to play and give it a fair shot, but this to me is an awful decision. The worst feeling I have had while raiding is doing the filler raids that don't drop tier sets. They're cool in their own way but since mists MSV, Highmaul, EN, ToV always had something missing. Cool fights, decent story, but you were always anticipating the Tier Raid more. Now that won't come.

Hasn't this always been the complaint of the players though? That sets haven't been class-themed in a long time? /headscratch

I have never felt locked into tier pieces. I always appreciated and understood that the bonuses were more powerful. Their issue here seems to be that their precious titanforged items are being ignored in favor of strong set bonuses. So now they're doing away with the tried and true staple of WoW raiding...because RNG should feel fun!
    As an unholy dk, I have two slots taken up by BiS legendaries, and 4 slots by tier. I really felt cheated by having 0 choice on what to wear in 6/16 slots. Especially because the first bosses in ToS drop a lot of pieces for tier slots, which are all unequipable for me in any circumstance.

Jewelry is not as exciting as equipping armor! And trinkets have become boring lately.

But I'm sure someone on this forum will spin that opinion as "See Blizzard fucked up legendary system".

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    As an unholy dk, I have two slots taken up by BiS legendaries, and 4 slots by tier. I really felt cheated by having 0 choice on what to wear in 6/16 slots. Especially because the first bosses in ToS drop a lot of pieces for tier slots, which are all unequipable for me in any circumstance.

Jewelry is not as exciting as equipping armor! And trinkets have become boring lately.

But I'm sure someone on this forum will spin that opinion as "See Blizzard fucked up legendary system".
    I do agree there, and I'm not against taking tier sets out, but I am against them not adding anything to raids in return.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfat View Post
    I'm right there with you, but it was inevitable after the move towards 4 raid difficulties and 20+ dungeon difficulties. This game is an action RPG like Diablo now and it's not going back. Long gone are the days of killing a one of a kind boss and getting a one of a kind piece of gear. See you in Classic.
    Its funny because even Diablo has tier bonuses.....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    In the end, set bonuses or not, you're going to have a BiS list. I suppose with this change, having half your BiS set might be a bit less punishing, since everyone will have their set bonuses?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Your BIS list will be "whatever item titanforges higher"

Not really, the chest is Mythic level, and we're talking a world where three items will not be able to TF. You could potential get more Mythic level items a week doing M+ then mythic raiding in less time, there's times in raiding where you can go weeks without an item.
    The once a week chest, which can give you any random item, that's at the base mythic level.

You're assuming the immense luck of getting an item from that a week, in new slots each time, and even then, you're looking at that taking 14 weeks assuming no double ups. Which is next to impossible.

And 3 items can't TF, the rest can.

If you raid in a decent guild, once you full clear, you end up raiding like 4hrs a week just on reclearing. For 930 (940 on KJ) gear.

Say you're running m+, you need it to TF, it has to win atleast 3 rolls to even equal mythic gear. You won't get that often, spending 4hrs in m+, you'd be lucky to see 1 item 930 or higher. You end up spending much more time in M+, than in raid.

A little bit of realism would be nice.

7+ Year Old Account
    First they came for the PvPers, and I did not speak out—
    Because I always hated those silent pricks who just were silently seating in cities queuing for their arenas.
    Then they came for the Raiders, and I did not speak out—
    Because I always hated those elitist jerks who just wanted to raid and be left alone without any tampering with their game.
    Then they came for me, casual, greedy and spiteful, ever jealous of other people accomplishments and entitled to everything around me.
    ...and there was no one left to speak for me.
    retired raiding shadow priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    WoW will never die. They will be back up to 12m+ subs when legion hits, and wont fall below 10m for the duration of the expansion. You can mark my words on that.

5+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to the world of even less reason to raid and more reason to spam M+. Seriously, removing tier is removing the heart of raiding.
    When something is harder to do (getting 20 ppl together to wipe on content over and over) i feel like there should be some exclusive incentive to do that content. Removing tier bonuses really puts a HUGE gash in that area of the game :\

I don't know what could make up for this.... Either raids need to have some godly items in there, or even more restrictions on titanforging..

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    The once a week chest, which can give you any random item, that's at the base mythic level.

You're assuming the immense luck of getting an item from that a week, in new slots each time, and even then, you're looking at that taking 14 weeks assuming no double ups. Which is next to impossible.

And 3 items can't TF, the rest can.

If you raid in a decent guild, once you full clear, you end up raiding like 4hrs a week just on reclearing. For 930 (940 on KJ) gear.

Say you're running m+, you need it to TF, it has to win atleast 3 rolls to even equal mythic gear. You won't get that often, spending 4hrs in m+, you'd be lucky to see 1 item 930 or higher. You end up spending much more time in M+, than in raid.

A little bit of realism would be nice.
    "Decent guild" for the first four months only 168 guilds even CLEARED KJ, much less farming him, for 1/10th the effort and a little more time you could be nearly as geared, so yea, what do you think people would pick, and this isn't even all about mythic, there's two other raid levels that people do, and this hurts them much more than mythic.

My issue is that the effects on azurite pieces looked like hot trash from what they showed off. Ghost wolf is slightly faster when you take damage and other assorted things like that are going to make up for tier bonuses, legendary effects, and the build completing effects artifact weapons gave us?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    This is the premise a lot have forgotten, the whole idea of raiding is to have fun with guildies/friends and so on and that gear is a nice perk of doing said activity..

When it comes to all people do raiding for is gear and only gear then well whats the point of it all..

10+ Year Old Account
    That's all fine. If we end up having 4 sets as opposed to 12, that's not fine.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.