Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Tier added flavour, but with that added restrictions.
    Legion having tier pieces beyond the bonus requirements was for the reason of not having a tier set bonus conflict with legendaries.
    Getting tier should have been something to feel good about, but as soon as it matched the slot of a legendary that you wanted to use, it became trash.

Arguably with legendaries removed, the remaining fixed slots could have a tier set shaped around those.

But then there is I think the risk of those tier items becoming the entirety of your BiS list.
    Upgrade forging takes away from I think the typical BiS list, something I personally feel is utterly boring.
    That anything which isn't on that list is simply considered bad.
    Not being able to simply dismiss even the entire loot of a boss I think adds value and importance to content otherwise ignored.
    And we are still being told there is "nothing to do", despite a wider variety of content than ever still potentially offering something than it simply not.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-11-16 at 08:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    "What would an Old God themed Paladin set even look like?"
    I didn't watch the video, but he was being sarcastic right? Blizzard employs some of the best artists in the world and they can't even brainstorm what an old god themed paladin set would look like? Jesus Christ. Hire me! I got lots of ideas.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well I’m disappointed. I hope the armor we are getting is the best we’ve ever seen if it means they can pour all that development time into 4 sets of armor per zone/raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ooid View Post
    Well I’m disappointed. I hope the armor we are getting is the best we’ve ever seen if it means they can pour all that development time into 4 sets of armor per zone/raid.
    Same here. I don't like the idea of fewer looks, but I love the idea of really cool dungeon sets that match the feel of the dungeon. Seems like a great opportunity to use faction specific class sets to incentivize PVP and warfronts though. Would love to see some badass new Horde/Alliance faction mogs.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    By zone he meant raid. So it's 4 sets per raid, basically, ToV style.
    Wait why do you think he meant raid and not zone?

I guess it all comes down to how they they balance the raid only traits. Hope they make it worthwile!

Not sure how "we want to add more variety" gets translated "we want to add less appreances" to you.

That is disappointing. I'd have been OK with armor not seeking class fantasy, and I'm fine with removal of tier bonuses, but 1 mog set per armor type reeks of corner cutting. It was acceptable in Trial of Valor because that was a side-raid, but for the main ones it's just too few added mog options.

Quote Originally Posted by Invictae View Post
    Wait why do you think he meant raid and not zone?
    Word zone covers a lot of stuff, it's used for open world environments like Ashenvale, it's used for instanced environments like raids and dungs. In this case they're specifically sitting and talking about item sets in raids.

Ofc there's low-buck quest sets and dung sets, wonder if they'll improve those or they'll be the same old model w/ new textures we've been getting for the last decade >_>

Personally I took it to mean each leveling zone would have an armor set to work towards as well which was still super disappointing, I hope you aren't correct here but I'm thinking chances are you will be :/

"there will be one appearance per armor type per zone, but more variety across zones."

So 8 sets in tier 1 of BfA, and only 4 in the following tiers? How is that not a reduction in art resources? This isnt including the dungeon sets because we get those regardless. Are we gonna see unique pvp sets again because of this?

Every tier will have 4 sets.

This expansion killed the transmog collector in me. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post

or maybe theyre using the freed up resources for more allied races. which if we get more would be fine i guess. or unique pvp sets

Removing tier sets = reducing work load for new designs = just another indicator for Blizzard's lazyness.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post

Gotta agree. Could a holy priest wear one of the old warlock tiers? No because it's not fitting at all. Considering each set will be per armor specialization it's no longer going to be thematic per class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Themed for the zones? So shit troll armor, because they never make good looking troll armor, and old god/human stuff?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    that's a faulty assumption, that would imply we'd only get one option for every slot, which has never should never and will never be the case.

it'll probably still have 2-3 different looks. unless they literally print the same skin on 2-3 differently statted items
    From the Q & A today:
    "There will be one appearance per armor type per zone, but more variety across zones."

Always hated seeing my specs set bonus and go "wut?" whereas another spec for my class is like god amazing.

Interesting to see this into play. A lot of tier sets were the sole reason for spec switching during each new tier. We did not see this as much with Artifact Power, but prior expansions Tier sets would outright determine what spec you'd play.

Holy shit people, if you couldn't wear a higher ilvl 'upgrade' because it broke your tier, it really isn't an upgrade then is it?

I don't really understand why they simply didn't went for situational/utilitarian/weak set bonuses instead of removing them.
    Blizzard, where it's either one extreme or the other...