Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Boy am I glad that I left the game. For the billionth time - people that put the effort should be rewarded with UNIQUE items for that activity, unique items that should NEVER be obtained in any other activity. You want some amazing PvP set? Go PvP. You need 2K rating? Rank the eff up and shut it - or wear other, weaker gear.

And yes - you want those sweet raid bonuses? Raid. Not LFR - LFR should give you ugliest shit, to remind you that you are doing ezy mode crap and you should actively seek a guild or even a pug to raid with the proper way. You should feel pushed to do it, pressed to keep up.

One difficulty also, just Mythic, with some easier Kara-like raids. No more "I do Normal, I'm a clicker and still have set lmao".

But no - they choose to remove almost everything that allows people to be BETTER than others. yes, it's a huge reason why people play - competition. Some can and will compete, great for them, some are always plebs, just give them pleb things to do to keep them quiet, that's all.

Now feel free to hate me for being "elitist" when the ONE thing I want is competition to be able to rise above others. Competition is the ONE thing we have after the story is over and should be cherished OPENLY, without fears of being labeled an elitist prick.
    You say that but if they gave you unique transmogs and unique mounts and unique shaders and all types of visual skins but Ilvl is the same for all loot people would still complain. So do people really want sweet "bonuses" or do they just want to put out higher numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by camicio View Post
    You say that but if they gave you unique transmogs and unique mounts and unique shaders and all types of visual skins but Ilvl is the same for all loot people would still complain. So do people really want sweet "bonuses" or do they just want to put out higher numbers?
    Higher numbers, couldn't care less how the gear looks, give me poop on a stick for all I care

Quote Originally Posted by camicio View Post
    There's few camps. Just look at people in top20 guilds: some people don't use tmog at all, some people use current or past M tiers as their tmog, and then there's a group that rocks happy farmer tmogs >_>

To be honest, I'm pretty happy with this. They've gotten lazy as fuck with tier anyway in recent years... they aren't even complex and dynamic anymore, or interesting, just random +dmg, or +healing, or whatever.

All in all, I'm happy they're going for a few reasons:

1. They created MASSIVE balance problems historically, and are one of the main reasons Blizz is always having to rebalance after every tier massivly.
    2. They're a massive roadblock for players in terms of gearing, as well as rerolling alts. Sucks dick being a Mythic raider and not getting proper tier for weeks.
    3. Streamlines the "what gear should I equip" scenario. I mean fuck, my priest is okay using tier thats 50ilvls below, just cos of how broken it is.

All in all, thank god they're going. I have a moment of sadness as something I've known for years is going, but tbh... good ridence.

Poor wording on Ion's part.

Seems like artists will still make the same amount of artwork but not dedicate time to class-specific artwork for "tiers" going forward. It will be similar to tier 9.

I have a slightly positive outlook on this. My hope is that we'll finally be getting 3d chest armor. There is a cloth appearance that appears to include a jacket that is clearly made out of real geometry. It's far past due to have this kind of thing in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Higher numbers, couldn't care less how the gear looks, give me poop on a stick for all I care
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    There's few camps. Just look at people in top20 guilds: some people don't use tmog at all, some people use current or past M tiers as their tmog, and then there's a group that rocks happy farmer tmogs >_>
    See I feel like blizzard has this difficulty in balancing the game where there's one camp who loves better gear but can't raid and does not have the skill to get it (Majority of players) and the other group who is able to get it and works hard for it and believe me from someone who has done progression raiding you really do work hard for it. But you need both in the game otherwise the game couldn't function.

I was salty when you could titanforge gear that outclasses mythic raiding loot and random LFR players got it. But then when I quit progression raiding i was hoping I could titanforge gear lol.... So i can see where both are coming from.

I just hope their new system isn't an AP Grindfest like this Xpac was. They really need to find a balance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Incredibale View Post
    Poor wording on Ion's part.

Seems like artists will still make the same amount of artwork but not dedicate time to class-specific artwork for "tiers" going forward. It will be similar to tier 9.

I have a slightly positive outlook on this. My hope is that we'll finally be getting 3d chest armor. There is a cloth appearance that appears to include a jacket that is clearly made out of real geometry. It's far past due to have this kind of thing in the game.
    T9 had only 4 sets? I don't remember. Was all plate the same?

But I think it's better to say the BfA sets will be like the ones from ToV.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Boy am I glad that I left the game. For the billionth time - people that put the effort should be rewarded with UNIQUE items for that activity, unique items that should NEVER be obtained in any other activity. You want some amazing PvP set? Go PvP. You need 2K rating? Rank the eff up and shut it - or wear other, weaker gear.

And yes - you want those sweet raid bonuses? Raid. Not LFR - LFR should give you ugliest shit, to remind you that you are doing ezy mode crap and you should actively seek a guild or even a pug to raid with the proper way. You should feel pushed to do it, pressed to keep up.

One difficulty also, just Mythic, with some easier Kara-like raids. No more "I do Normal, I'm a clicker and still have set lmao".

But no - they choose to remove almost everything that allows people to be BETTER than others. yes, it's a huge reason why people play - competition. Some can and will compete, great for them, some are always plebs, just give them pleb things to do to keep them quiet, that's all.

Now feel free to hate me for being "elitist" when the ONE thing I want is competition to be able to rise above others. Competition is the ONE thing we have after the story is over and should be cherished OPENLY, without fears of being labeled an elitist prick.
    Nobody cares if you left. Just one less unskilled casual to deal with.

Deleted
    I must say the new tier set models was something I looked forward to each tier. Bit of a shame.
    Also made classes appear unique

Deleted
    Was a bit "worried" at first but now that I am going to be using T20 4 set again for the entirety of T21.. I am really fucking glad its going.
    If you can't balance your tier sets so that the new one is always better then just trow it in the bin so that I can actually get some upgrades in the new raid.
    As it stands now I will be able to upgrade the following item slots - Neck - Head - Cloak - 1 ring - Boots - Belt - 1 trinket.
    The rest I have bis already but will be farming ToS for higher ilvl pieces.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like tier sets, it just feels like you are playing incomplete version of your character until you obtain them. It's like someone just cut out part of your power and you have to get lucky with drops to get it back.

And it really pisses me off to not unequip my 920 tier piece in favor of 935 non-tier piece, because raw set bonus sims as fucking 9% DPS increase
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    T9 had only 4 sets? I don't remember. Was all plate the same?

But I think it's better to say the BfA sets will be like the ones from ToV.
    Within each faction, each armor type had the same artwork with color variations between classes.