Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ...
    Since Azurite gear can't war/titanforge does that mean they won't drop from the weekly mythic+ chest?
    If so, it means that raiding will yield the best azurite gear in terms of ilvl right?

So if we take the ilvl we have now mythic+ will only give you 915 azurite gear and mythic raiding 930.

Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    Well someone quite clearly missunderstood the entire thing completely

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah because the exact same stat allocations and trinkets drop in M+, silly me, not to mention that weapons are back, possibly with procs or other interesting skills. But yeah Mythic + will clearly be the only source of gear, but hey, if you rather do that than raid, go for it. I prefer raiding, I only do mythic + when I feel I'd lagg behind my guild if I didnt.
    I find it very unlikely we see weapon procs come back. They're fun and blizzard hates fun. We also haven't seen them for a long while now (like before legion) if I'm remembering right. When was the last ones again? Cata? I don't remember any in Siege and I'm pretty sure (although I didn't raid during it) hellfire didn't have them either.
    Last edited by Keltas; 2017-11-20 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    I find it very unlikely we see weapon procs come back. They're fun as fuck and blizzard hates fun. We also haven't seen them for a long while now (like before legion) if I'm remembering right.
    They don't hate fun they hate massive performance differences from high end players and lfr players. Their goal is to get rid of differences by simplifying rotations and stats. Things like weapon procs add another layer of complexity that they try to avoid at all costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    6 zones = 24 sets
    1 raid = 4 sets

How did you get to 72? Even if we add 2 more additional zone sets for the zones that are most likely coming in 8.2 and 8.3 we will have ~ 30-35 "zone" sets. Let's say we're getting 4 raids, that would be another 16 sets. So we'll maybe get 50 sets if we're lucky. In Legion we had 3 Tiers (36 sets) plus the order hall sets (12) plus a bunch of other sets throughout the expansion. So I really don't see any benefit of the new system except the fact that every armour class will look exactly the same which is a bad decision.
    I did some thinking over the weekend so going to look a bit further into the numbers.

Legion unique sets

1 unique DH Order Hall set. The rest are recolors of Challenge Mode sets with items removed or modified specifically shoulders.
    36 unique raid sets.
    4 unique dungeon sets.
    12 unique leveling sets.
    4 unique transmog sets. HoV.
    0 unique PvP sets. They are just recolored raid sets.

That gives us 57 unique sets in Legion.

BfA unique sets

8 unique raid sets. So far, if they follow the Legion model, there could be 8-12 more coming.
    24 unique leveling sets. All with the 3D elements that are seen on Raid gear. Possibly 4-8 more to come with patch zones.
    8 unique PvP sets. This is based off of the Blizzcon pic. Possibly 16-24 more coming.
    40 unique dungeon sets. This is assumed based off the unique per zone comment. We can even drop it to 8 for arguments sake, 1 unique dungeon set per continent.
    Nothing confirmed for transmog, Warfronts, island scenarios, or factions at this point.

We could see potentially 80 sets for what was talked about at Blizzcon. 6 zones, 10 dungeons, 2 raids, 1 season of PvP. SO for argument, lets drop the dungeon sets from 40 to 8. that still gives us 48, high quality gear sets with all the 3D elements usually reserved for raids. Take out the leveling and dungeon sets from Legion and that leaves us with 41 high quality sets with the 3D elements usually reserved for raids. So off the bat, we get more better quality before we even know about any other raids after the two mentioned at Blizzcon or any other sources of gear. Potentially, we could see well over 100+ unique high quality sets if we get 1 per dungeon, or 76 with conservative estimating before BfA is over.

Again, we will see, but it does seem to have a lot of potential to give us a lot more and higher quality gear overall.

about time. No more getting 30 ilvl higher gear i can't use because of fucking set bonuses. Hopefully the heart of azeroth won't be as bad

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    This is the first time that non class set armor will get the full high fidelity treatment. The additional 3D armor pieces and other details that go into the normal Tier sets will be applied to these new sets.to these new sets.to these new sets.

From the first page. TYVM for reading.
    "TYVM" for demonstrating I can read, and you can't.
    I did some thinking over the weekend so going to look a bit further into the numbers.

Legion unique sets

1 unique DH Order Hall set. The rest are recolors of Challenge Mode sets with items removed or modified specifically shoulders.
    36 unique raid sets.
    4 unique dungeon sets.
    12 unique leveling sets.
    4 unique transmog sets. HoV.
    0 unique PvP sets. They are just recolored raid sets.

That gives us 57 unique sets in Legion.

BfA unique sets

8 unique raid sets. So far, if they follow the Legion model, there could be 8-12 more coming.
    24 unique leveling sets. All with the 3D elements that are seen on Raid gear. Possibly 4-8 more to come with patch zones.
    8 unique PvP sets. This is based off of the Blizzcon pic. Possibly 16-24 more coming.
    40 unique dungeon sets. This is assumed based off the unique per zone comment. We can even drop it to 8 for arguments sake, 1 unique dungeon set per continent.
    Nothing confirmed for transmog, Warfronts, island scenarios, or factions at this point.

We could see potentially 80 sets for what was talked about at Blizzcon. 6 zones, 10 dungeons, 2 raids, 1 season of PvP. SO for argument, lets drop the dungeon sets from 40 to 8. that still gives us 48, high quality gear sets with all the 3D elements usually reserved for raids. Take out the leveling and dungeon sets from Legion and that leaves us with 41 high quality sets with the 3D elements usually reserved for raids. So off the bat, we get more better quality before we even know about any other raids after the two mentioned at Blizzcon or any other sources of gear. Potentially, we could see well over 100+ unique high quality sets if we get 1 per dungeon, or 76 with conservative estimating before BfA is over.

Again, we will see, but it does seem to have a lot of potential to give us a lot more and higher quality gear overall.
    You are delusional at best, you're pulling numbers form nowhere.
    Want to know how it will go?

4 sets from questing (+ recolors)
    4 sets from dungeons (+ recolors)
    4 sets from normal/hc raid (+ recolors for pvp) + 4 enhanched sets from mythic raid (+ elite pvp recolor)
    4 sets from warfronts

Where I live, that's a grand total of 16 unique sets. Let's be generous and consider the mythic sets another 4, and hope they will make 2 questing sets (one from Kul'tiras and the other from Zandalar) and we're at 24 unique sets.
    But sure, 100+ unique sets or whatever, man.

I might be pessimistic (realistic) but that's not going to happen. Blizzard is not removing class specific sets to give us more sets (or better sets) overall. They clearly want to reduce work load for creating sets.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabulicious View Post
    Since Azurite gear can't war/titanforge does that mean they won't drop from the weekly mythic+ chest?
    If so, it means that raiding will yield the best azurite gear in terms of ilvl right?

So if we take the ilvl we have now mythic+ will only give you 915 azurite gear and mythic raiding 930.
    Yes. It will also be handcraftes. This means that a plate elm from Mythic Uldir will be BiS no matter what since Blizz decides what bonuses it will have to uograde with AZERITE.

Deleted
    I don't raid anymore so i dont care. But it's kinda sad tier sets are going away.

This is fine, as long as there are more small raids like ToV. A ToV style filler raid with a unique set of sets in between every raid tier would mean each player can get 6 sets, assuming three raid tiers in BFA. That's down from the 9 you could get under the current system, taking into consideration you can wear another class's armor design. I'm hoping they preserve the notion of better looking armor for Mythic raids, though.

I'm not too frazzled because we already have over a decades worth of class themed gear to wear, and honestly, I rarely ever see people running around wearing T19 or T20 anyways. Maybe it's something to do with the fact that it's the newest look, and for some reason people don't like to wear the newest look. I think a lot of people are unreasonably upset about this, and don't even wear the raid tier styles from the current expansion in the first place. At least with more generic armor that represents a broader theme, like 'Trolls' or 'Titans', it will make for a much better asset in one's transmog collection than a helmet or a pair of shoulders that look completely out of place, unless you are wearing the rest of the matching set. I think this will better encourage mix-and-matching, which is a much more interesting approach to transmog than merely trying to collect every single piece.

Demon Hunters and Monks definitely get the short end of the stick with this one though, because they never really had much class specific gear to choose from in the first place. But for everyone else, we have like 9-13 years worth of class themed armor to choose from.

And if this means that the art team can focus on other stuff, like more Allied Races, or more actual playable game content like dungeons, raids, and zones, then by all means I think that's a great idea.

Deleted
    That's good, I am tired of set items for real, especially when set items bonus is crap but you need 4 for next tier. So good they get rid of them.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightGamer View Post
    That's good, I am tired of set items for real, especially when set items bonus is crap but you need 4 for next tier. So good they get rid of them.
    Or being so broken they nerf your class because of a tier set.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    Or being so broken they nerf your class because of a tier set.
    they always nerf a class or more on purpose i think or they only play only with top tier items, and balance everything around them.

Fact is, you can't balance the game unless you make everything do same thing, "normalization" was trying to do that, destroying the game basically. I am against that. One example for PVP, in vanilla a mage could 1 hit a rogue with pyroblast if he could cast, same was for rogue, he could ambush and backstab a mage and that was. Today we have "normalization", you hit a mage like you hit a tank lol. Not sure if that kind of balance is any good or fun anymore. Same deal go for PVE.