Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Good riddance, it has become a nuisance since their love for power creep arose and tier sets providing 30% dps increase

I like it. The fact I have better itemized, higher ilvl stuff sitting in my bags because I don't want to break my tier set is just annoying as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Gum View Post
    That is actually the single worst thing i have ever fucking read in my entire WOW playing career. What an utter lack of foresight and enthusiasm. Im downright appalled by the lack of insight into why raiding is fun and engaging. Why even have gear? Any argument for that, is an argument for tier-sets. The fact that tiers have gotten so god damn stale, must be because of this change.
    You can now expect to never ever have innovative new ways of playing based on gear and tiers coming in BfA, its fucking god damn sad. Sadly, its hardly surprising, with the utter lack of understanding shown in the latest tier designs, its hardly a stretch to imagine that they just cant be bothered anymore. What a fucking cop-out blizzard you utter mongs.
    First off, dude, you really need to chill, because you are going to blow a blood vessel in your head with this much rage over something like this.

Secondly, you talk about tier set bonuses as if they were some kind of monumental new thing, like they granted new abilities or something. Most of the set bonuses lately have been more akin to passive stat/damage increases. How exactly is that "fun and exciting" or creating "innovative new ways of playing based on gear"? If anything, based on what they have said about the Azerite abilities on that gear, they will function much in the same way that tier set bonuses or artifact traits do now. And if you honestly think that tier set bonuses are any different, functionally, from artifact weapon traits, you are nuts. The point is, you will actually end up with about 10-12 new "tier set bonus" equivalent traits on your gear between the 3 slots. Give that most every helm will have different trait combinations on them, as will the shoulders and the chests, this means that you can mix and match your best stats and your best traits/set bonuses to maximize your play style. Imagine having, instead of a single 2pc and single 4pc set bonus, having 12 bonuses that can all change and be different? THAT sounds like innovative new game play based on gear.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    Is this really a reason to quit and whine about raiding being useless now? How about you wait until more information comes out?
    You could have told them that they were changing the font of the tier set text and raiders would have still flipped the fuck out. The raiding community contains some of the most ludicrously obnoxious and self centered players this game has to offer. And many of them seem to be absolutely petrified of change, any change, despite how frequently they bitch about Blizzard's raid development.

So to all the people who used to say "Raiding is not about the gear it is about the experience the challenge etc..."-tis good to know I am not the only one who believed that saying was a load of BS.

Deleted
    Hm, why would anyone raid now? I'm sure everyone will just do LFR(maybe normals) for story and just run dungeons instead. Much less hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    You could have told them that they were changing the font of the tier set text and raiders would have still flipped the fuck out. The raiding community contains some of the most ludicrously obnoxious and self centered players this game has to offer. And many of them seem to be absolutely petrified of change, any change, despite how frequently they bitch about Blizzard's raid development.
    Well the thing is, it already is tough to find enough players to raid with and for everyone stick together. If there's almost no incentive to raid and when you can get gear far more easily and effortlessly via dungeons, why would the vast majority of people raid? And if the vast majority don't raid, it's going to be extremely difficult for the actual raiders to find groups. That's the problem.
    Last edited by mmoc06f0881615; 2017-11-15 at 11:45 PM.

Introduce inbredforging. Introduce RNG legendaries. Make sets 6 pieces.
    "Fix" the problem by removing the main way they can keep classes and specs fresh throughout an expansion.

Recent set bonuses being garbage doesn't alter the core idea behind having tier sets. There is nothing wrong with that core idea in a raid centric MMORPG.
    Not too surprising that they're doing this though given the success of the mythic+ invitational events. Guess WoW eSports now is watching people wipe in +14 Maw of Souls or whatever the fuck it was in the recent collegiate event.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisque View Post
    So to all the people who used to say "Raiding is not about the gear it is about the experience the challenge etc..."-tis good to know I am not the only one who believed that saying was a load of BS.
    It is for the experience and challenge but it should also be more rewarding than joe pet battler casual titanforging an item above base mythic ilvl