Results released in Australia's same sex marriage postal vote

I'm afraid the reporting isn't very good at the moment since it was only announced about an hour ago:

PM commits to marriage equality before Christmas
    Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull has pledged to deliver marriage equality following the vote for same-sex marriage.
    “We must respect the voice of the people. We asked them for their opinion and they have given it to us. It is unequivocal, it is overwhelming,” Mr Turnbull said at a press conference minutes after the results were released.
    “They are our masters, we who were elected to Parliament. It is our job now to get on with it, get on with it and get this done. It is fair. The people have voted yes for marriage equality. Now it is our job to deliver it.”
    Mr Turnbull acknowledged that Australians had “spoken in their millions” and voted overwhelmingly Yes for marriage equality.
    “They voted yes for fairness, yes for commitment, yes for love. And now it is up to us here in the parliament of Australia to get on with it, to get on with the job the Australian people have tasked us to do and get this done,” he said.
    “This year, before Christmas. That must be our commitment.”
    http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/gay...fd92bd9bed7f9d

The vote was a political compromise (aka debacle) in that it's not actually a plebiscite and isn't legally binding, but the expectation is that a result as definitive as this would make not acting on it politically non-viable anyway.

*EDIT*

There's already a thread in the Gen OT forum, my bad.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2017-11-15 at 12:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.