Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Meh - I don't hate the community, I've never met any of them.

However - I certainly find the opinions many of them expressing to be either offensive or just irrational.

AKA - just like the real world

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

In game? No. On this forum? Yes, but only about 65% of what I've seen. Lots of ego and not enough soul.

I don't notice the slightest difference between the MMOC forums and official blizzard forums. In fact, I see many of the exact same posters in both. It has nothing to do with these forums, it has everything to do with the people playing WoW: there are a lot of good people and a whole lot of bad.

But you make this very telling statement: "I stay because I love the game, unconditionally and with trust in Blizz."

I realize it is beyond your comprehension but people like YOU are actually the major problem with both the game and all forums. Fanboys who "trust" everything blizzard does are incapable of giving VALID feedback, ever. You just skip along in your happy place "trusting blizzard" no matter how badly they mess things up. Subscriptions have been on the decline since WOTLK, which was four expansions ago.

Reality check, blizzard makes a LOT of mistakes and people SHOULD speak out when blizzard makes mistakes. Fanboys who call it "flaming" when people are, in reality, giving VALID feedback really ARE killing WoW. Telling blizzard they can do no wrong when clearly they can just gives blizzard INVALID feedback, so you are not helping... at all.

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    Yeah, on the internet we call them trolls...irl I just call them what they are: a-holes.
    As someone who is frequently accused of trolling, but never do on this site at least - I can tell you trolls are a lot less common than you think.

Real human communication is around 20% the words used, and 80% tone, body language, facial expressions etc.

What most people call trolls are commonly just people who are not understood. Frequently because they have opposing views, or because they are trying to express something complex.

And yes - I do know how to troll, I do it frequently on another site - where it is almost acceptable behaviour

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Outside of mythic raid guilds I have never been very endeared with the community. Might just be bad experiences but I have ran into a absurd amount of obnoxious people in the "we play for fun crowd."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookysheep View Post
    I don't notice the slightest difference between the MMOC forums and official blizzard forums. In fact, I see many of the exact same posters in both. It has nothing to do with these forums, it has everything to do with the people playing WoW: there are a lot of good people and a whole lot of bad.

But you make this very telling statement: "I stay because I love the game, unconditionally and with trust in Blizz."

I realize it is beyond your comprehension but people like YOU are actually the major problem with both the game and all forums. Fanboys who "trust" everything blizzard does are incapable of giving VALID feedback, ever. You just skip along in your happy place "trusting blizzard" no matter how badly they mess things up. Subscriptions have been on the decline since WOTLK, which was four expansions ago.

Reality check, blizzard makes a LOT of mistakes and people SHOULD speak out when blizzard makes mistakes. Fanboys who call it "flaming" when people are, in reality, giving VALID feedback really ARE killing WoW. Telling blizzard they can do no wrong when clearly they can just gives blizzard INVALID feedback, so you are not helping... at all.
    I disagree.

Because there is a difference between idiots who are whining for the sake of it and nobody(litteraly)praising the game they invested 13 years of thier life in.

Im just very tired of it. Everybody lets down this game to rot, thanks to the very unpleasent mindset of being loud and whiney.

I want to start a movement. Everytime people reads "wow is dead because of X" thread, should go on offensive on these people who creates these topics. By time we will have less tolerance for crybabies and more room for contructrive threads.

I miss those days when general thread was about obstacles and solutions - not whine.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-11-16 at 01:17 AM.

Deleted
    Mmo community is fine as it is. Always sarcastic, always trolling, sometimes very informative. Go mmo-c.

Deleted
    Yes some part of the community. The complainers that always complain random stuff like "OMG ANTORUS FOR 1 YEAR, I AM IMPATIENT CHILD, PLEASE GIVE CONTENT NOW" or the few "UNSUBBED THIS GAME SO BAD", but I expect most of them to be trolls so it's cool

Deleted
    It has been alot better with all the ones that left before Legion dropped since they werent here for the long run anyway.

Deleted
    Yes. It lost its charm. It used to be a good community. Nowadays its just as toxic as dota, csgo, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    How much does it bother you, when you see some "will X kill wow?" and similiar threads in the forums? And if it annoys you, what are you doing about it?
    That kind of thread is too deluded to be taken seriously. A big franchise like WoW doesn't die off that easily, and something that could really kill a game is essentially impossible to predict. It usually comes from someone's extremist opinion who doesn't understand that he's being extremist and most people don't care that much about the issues he's nitpicking.

There's someone in the forums that has a great signature that showcases this issue. It's a joke where someone makes a thread claiming too many complicated boss mechanics are killing the game, followed by another thread saying that bosses are too easy and we need more mechanics, posted at the same time. Both arguments are delusionally extreme, and most people are probably having fun with the current game.

I don't really do anything about it, because you can't convince a deluded extremist that he's being a deluded extremist by pointing it out.
    Last edited by Khallid; 2017-11-16 at 05:07 PM.

I think that people find a way to complain about anything, and that's far from exclusive to the WoW community. Minecraft's disappoints me more, with how there's the ability to play literally every single patch and pre-patch of every single update since the game was released to the public and people still go "it's ruined forever waaaah" when Mojang releases an updated texture that can easily be reverted with a texture pack.

When a game is new, everyone's too enamored by how neat and new it is to hate each other and the developers, but once it gets stale and they get complacent with what they have, they're in a constant state of "I'm bored and want something new to do" and "I swear I'll riot and quit the second they change even the smallest detail of this game I like."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I hate everybody everywhere!

What's been bothering me lately is seeing this sentiment around here: "I didn't have a good time in Vanilla Wow, hate the Legacy crowd, so I will do everything in my power to see it ruined."

It's this exact attitude that put a moron in the White house.

I don't hate people but blatant idiots do get on my nerves.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate large segments of the MMO-C community and I think the thing I hate the absolute most is the fact that when I ignore someone on MMO-C I can see their threads and the fact that they either commented or replied to my comment is displayed to me.

I'd rather that if I ignore someone on MMO-C their presence is completely removed from MMO-C for me, I thought that's the idea of the button.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hate is a strong word. I wouldn't say I hate community but I do find it annoying. I stay because I enjoy playing the game. I'm not going to let a few elitist douchebags ruin my fun.

Deleted
    I hate fat people.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mostly keep to myself ingame nowadays with the exception of guild banter. I just add a badboy filter for everyone that annoys me, including on very rare occasions, guild members. The result is that my ingame experience contains only those whom have not gone out of their way to do or say something especially irritating to me. With all the trolls gone, the game is actually quite nice. Very mellow and laid back. Everyone seems much more polite. The beauty of using badboy to delete unwanted people from your life is that the filters are quick, easy to set up, and are account wide. And there is no limit to mow many people you can filter.

Of course if i were to judge this game exclusively by some of the people who post in its various forums, i would think it's community nothing but a bunch of degenerates. But i know that the trolls here are in fact a minority so i try not to let it harsh my buzz too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    I disagree.

Because there is a difference between idiots who are whining for the sake of it and nobody(litteraly)praising the game they invested 13 years of thier life in.

Im just very tired of it. Everybody lets down this game to rot, thanks to the very unpleasent mindset of being loud and whiney.

I want to start a movement. Everytime people reads "wow is dead because of X" thread, should go on offensive on these people who creates these topics. By time we will have less tolerance for crybabies and more room for contructrive threads.

I miss those days when general thread was about obstacles and solutions - not whine.
    You need to get a life if a 3rd party video game website is what inspires you to "crusade". I'm not even trolling, you sound like you have issues at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hate is a strong word, but I think there is a small minority that's just awful.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka