Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Lack of quality of life makes the game better

The inability to teleport around at will due to long hearthstone cooldowns and crappy flight points makes the world feel huge and expansive. Lots of people traveling around the world results in adventures and world pvp happening. This means you meet people traveling and might want to ask people to help you get places, which is a social experience. This is good.

Having to do a dungeon to find a special anvil and wait 40 seconds on your craft cast bar makes professions feel immersive and gives a "wow" factor to crafting. Getting people to help you with a dungeon to craft a special item is also a social experience. This is good.

Farming together as a guild to make resistance gear is a social experience and pulls you together to achieve group goals. This is good.

Having huge dungeons with a level spread of 10+ means you might only get through part of the dungeon in one try. Then you anticipate coming back later and you feel wowed by seeing the end of the dungeon and accomplished when you can finally complete it. You might add the people you meet trying the dungeon to your friends list and get them together later at a higher level to try to finish it, which is a social experience. This is good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    The inability to teleport around at will due to long hearthstone cooldowns and crappy flight points makes the world feel huge and expansive. Lots of people traveling around the world results in adventures and world pvp happening. This means you meet people traveling and might want to ask people to help you get places, which is a social experience. This is good.

Having to do a dungeon to find a special anvil and wait 40 seconds on your craft cast bar makes professions feel immersive and gives a "wow" factor to crafting. Getting people to help you with a dungeon to craft a special item is also a social experience. This is good.

Farming together as a guild to make resistance gear is a social experience and pulls you together to achieve group goals. This is good.

Having huge dungeons with a level spread of 10+ means you might only get through part of the dungeon in one try. Then you anticipate coming back later and you feel wowed by seeing the end of the dungeon and accomplished when you can finally complete it. You might add the people you meet trying the dungeon to your friends list and get them together later at a higher level to try to finish it, which is a social experience. This is good.
    People didn't mind 13 years ago to invest 200 hours to reach 60(litteraly).

What makes you think, people wants to go throu it, compared to what they are used to now?

I expect the real veterans will enjoy it for the sake of nostalgia, but the majority will fail regardless(even with huge QoL changes, it won't be appealing).

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post

What makes you think, people wants to go throu it, compared to what they are used to.

I expect the real veterans enjoy it, but the majority will fail regardless(even with QoL changes, it won't be appealing).
    If they don't want to go through it they don't have to, there's retail WoW or a thousand other games that aren't classic WoW.

I guess the idea was to experience Classic (again)

Deleted
    If they don't want to go through it they don't have to, there's retail WoW or a thousand other games that aren't classic WoW.
    That is not how it works.

If you have enough people, you maintain the service. If you don't, then you shut it down.

Most importantly the conclussion you get out of it:

You can implement everything logical QoL from Legion, it won't be appealing for the majority anyway. People are idiots, they don't know what they asking for.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-11-15 at 01:58 AM.

That is not how it works.

If you have enough people, you maintain the service. If you don't, then you shut it down.

Most importantly the conclussion you get out of it:

You can implement everything logical QoL from Legion, it won't be appealing for the majority anyway. People are idiots, they don't know what they asking for.
    If you don't implement classic as it was you assuredly drive off more people that you turn off by keeping it classic.

I'm looking for an authentic experience and won't play it if they start changing things to be 'better'.

Deleted
    If you don't implement classic as it was you assuredly drive off more people that you turn off by keeping it classic.

I'm looking for an authentic experience and won't play it if they start changing things to be 'better'.
    We agreed on that.

I think you should be more loud when it comes to that, if you don't want any QoLs.

I'm also concerned with people wanting dual spec.

Dual spec significantly erodes the social need to call on other players to help with things you aren't specced to do. It also removes a lot of how meaningful your talent decisions are if you don't have to do everything with them. It also removes a significant source of gold removal from the game economy.

All of this will significantly erode the classic experience and make it less social.

Deleted
    I think people need to clarify what do they mean by qol.

Dual spec/lfg is far too much, but thing like reduced mana cost of buffs is alright.

Water is wet.

You bring avsolutely nothing new to any discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by bargh View Post
    I think people need to clarify what do they mean by qol.

Dual spec/lfg is far too much, but thing like reduced mana cost of buffs is alright.
    I don't think so. Paladins had to rebuff in combat every 5 minutes, unless totem costs were also reduced that's a significant bonus to paladin mana over shamans. And it would ease encounters.

I think I'm going to delete my toon once I will hit Arathi Highland and gather 8 raptors flesh in 1 hour and half.

Ok, for sure anything is better than Argus

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    RL: Hey, bobnogging we need you to respec for this boss.
    bobnogging: sure, oh darn my hs is on cd
    RL: mages, someone put a portal to [insert capital city name]
    [Mages open 5 portals to different locations]
    bobnogging: oh shit, I'm in Stonard/Theramore
    RL: who put that portal?!! [kicks the mage responsible]
    RL: Warlocks can you put a summoning stone?
    [One warlock puts a summoning stone]
    RL: Sum bobnogging.
    bobnogging: I'm in combat!
    RL: keep summoning him
    [minutes later]
    bobnogging: My HS is off CD now, I'm in the city, omw to the trainer
    [summoning stone disappears]
    RL: Warlocks another one please
    Warlocks: out of shards
    RL: Ok, raid let's clear some trash so our locks can have their shards for the summoning stone
    bobnogging: I'll reassign my talents in the meantime
    [minutes later]
    bobnogging: +
    RL: Not yet
    [minutes later]
    Warlocks: we have enough
    [warlocks put another summoning stone]
    bobnogging: I'm here
    [seconds later]
    bobnogging: fuck I chose a wrong talent...
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    RL: Hey, bobnogging we need you to respec for this boss.
    bobnogging: sure, oh darn my hs is on cd
    RL: mages, someone put a portal to [insert capital city name]
    [Mages open 5 portals to different locations]
    bobnogging: oh shit, I'm in Stonard/Theramore
    RL: who put that portal?!! [kicks the mage responsible]
    RL: Warlocks can you put a summoning stone?
    [One warlock puts a summoning stone]
    RL: Sum bobnogging.
    bobnogging: I'm in combat!
    RL: keep summoning him
    [minutes later]
    bobnogging: My HS is off CD now, I'm in the city, omw to the trainer
    [summoning stone disappears]
    RL: Warlocks another one please
    Warlocks: out of shards
    RL: Ok, raid let's clear some trash so our locks can have their shards for the summoning stone
    bobnogging: I'll reassign my talents in the meantime
    [minutes later]
    bobnogging: +
    RL: Not yet
    [minutes later]
    Warlocks: we have enough
    [warlocks put another summoning stone]
    bobnogging: I'm here
    [seconds later]
    bobnogging: fuck I chose a wrong talent...
    That's a social experience!

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's a social experience!
    Not for 39 people waiting for bobnogging to respec.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    I don't think so. Paladins had to rebuff in combat every 5 minutes, unless totem costs were also reduced that's a significant bonus to paladin mana over shamans. And it would ease encounters.
    Paladins have greater blessing they can cast once before fight. It doesn't affect combat.
    Last edited by mmoc2de6819d9a; 2017-11-16 at 07:48 AM.

Paladins have greater blessing they can cast once before fight. It doesn't affect combat.
    Greater blessings were 5 minutes, regular blessings 2 minutes at the start of vanilla as I recall.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2017-11-16 at 07:55 AM.

Deleted
    Stop smoking pot bruh.

" New, 15-minute raid versions of blessings, and the ability to bless all members of a certain class with one click " - taken directly from 1.9 patch notes.

What makes you think, people wants to go throu it, compared to what they are used to now?

I expect the real veterans will enjoy it for the sake of nostalgia, but the majority will fail regardless(even with huge QoL changes, it won't be appealing).
    You tell me. What makes you think people no longer wants a long game? Do you think suddenly now people have changed? They have not, only Blizzard has changed.

There is still plenty of people out there that want to grind and play a game "all day every day". Just watch the people playing (the most popular game on PC by the way) League of Legends.

Stop smoking pot bruh.

" New, 15-minute raid versions of blessings, and the ability to bless all members of a certain class with one click " - taken directly from 1.9 patch notes.
    What if we start with 1.1?