Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    The thread title is an opinion and not a fact. That's all I have to say about that.

In other news:

Also, if someone disagrees with you telling them not to post here is not useful, helpful or anything else. Everyone can post (within the rules) and attempted back-seat moderation is off-topic and annoying to everyone.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by bryroo View Post
    The nolifers are in for a rude awakening when they realize that people didn't stop playing wow because it became casual but because they grew up and got responsibilities
    I suppose they will also have to do that eventually.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Then what is the reason private servers are booming demand wise for vanilla?
    A good question. How much is the monthly subscription on yours?

Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    qol= quality of life
    bug fixes are quality of life
    Yea, no.
    Bug fixes are fixing unexpected behaviors, QoL improvements are adding features to a module that is already functioning as expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    You sure feel these boards are yours after two weeks.
    Is this what people are focusing here? Semantics? I use "we" one guy gets butthurt. I use "mine" another one gets butthurt... Jesus, bunch of fragile snowflakes.

Quote Originally Posted by oumajgad View Post
    Is this what people are focusing here? Semantics? I use "we" one guy gets butthurt. I use "mine" another one gets butthurt... Jesus, bunch of fragile snowflakes.
    I'm focusing on how you attempt to shut down debate and order veterans off this forum as if you owned it... when the ink has not even dried on your registration, so to speak.

I recommend you take note of the moderator notice, two comments below this one of of mine you replied to.

Deleted
    I'm focusing on how you attempt to shut down debate and order veterans off this forum as if you owned it... when the ink has not even dried on your registration, so to speak.

I recommend you take note of the moderator notice, two comments below this one of of mine you replied to.
    LOL. Now it is important when I created account. Is it so hard to figure out that I created this account only because vanilla? Wait, can I use the term "I" now? Or you feel triggered again? First semantics, now this. You're telling me to read admins advice and yet you bring nothing to the discussion except pointless nitpicking of who said not what but how.

My initial argument still stands: most of people demanding changes for Vanilla won't even play it, because as we can clearly say they don't like it. And they never will. LFD, new graphics and other features won't change the fact that people will leave because you still need to grind your way up to lvl 60 and it's not as easy as in Retail. Same with achieving anything in PVP or PVE because either no-life mode or 2-3 random drops from boss.

That's why I'll always say that if anyone wants changes in vanilla he should stay with retail. We know what we are up to and we don't want QoL changes.
    Yes, I used "we", because I'm not the only one with similar opinion.

LOL. Now it is important when I created account. Is it so hard to figure out that I created this account only because vanilla? Wait, can I use the term "I" now? Or you feel triggered again? First semantics, now this. You're telling me to read admins advice and yet you bring nothing to the discussion except pointless nitpicking of who said not what but how.

My initial argument still stands: most of people demanding changes for Vanilla won't even play it, because as we can clearly say they don't like it. And they never will. LFD, new graphics and other features won't change the fact that people will leave because you still need to grind your way up to lvl 60 and it's not as easy as in Retail. Same with achieving anything in PVP or PVE because either no-life mode or 2-3 random drops from boss.

That's why I'll always say that if anyone wants changes in vanilla he should stay with retail. We know what we are up to and we don't want QoL changes.
    Come back when you have learned enough to distinguish which forum user you are replying to. At this point it is obvious yuo fail even at that, let alone civilised debate.

You're getting a modernized version of 'Vanilla', bug fixes and all. This is known.

There's still a toss up on updated character models, buff durations and other things that have been integrated into the battle.net infrastructure.

Deleted
    Come back when you have learned enough to distinguish which forum user you are replying to. At this point it is obvious yuo fail even at that, let alone civilised debate.
    Or maybe you should focus on entore convo not just last post?

Quote Originally Posted by Mercane View Post
    You're getting a modernized version of 'Vanilla', bug fixes and all. This is known.

There's still a toss up on updated character models, buff durations and other things that have been integrated into the battle.net infrastructure.
    I'm aware that there will be some changes. Problem is that few people demand, some from vanilla pov - game breaking changes. I say game breaking, because they will alter the game completely. LFD and stuff like that wasn't in vanilla. Changing classes is insane, because balance isn't just excel sheet in which you can change one value and be done with it. But some people can't comprehend that. We've already had topics about hord pallies and ally shammans, druids/pally tanks, nerfing WoTF, buffing ret and so on...
    Bug fixes, exploits removal, some technical upgrades that will make game run better - I believe most people are ok with this. But we are flooded with simply stupid ideas.
    Graphics? Make it optional and everyone will be happy. I'll probably end up playing on modern ones anyway, because... why not?

Or maybe you should focus on entore convo not just last post?

I'm aware that there will be some changes. Problem is that few people demand, some from vanilla pov - game breaking changes. I say game breaking, because they will alter the game completely. LFD and stuff like that wasn't in vanilla. Changing classes is insane, because balance isn't just excel sheet in which you can change one value and be done with it. But some people can't comprehend that. We've already had topics about hord pallies and ally shammans, druids/pally tanks, nerfing WoTF, buffing ret and so on...
    Bug fixes, exploits removal, some technical upgrades that will make game run better - I believe most people are ok with this. But we are flooded with simply stupid ideas.
    Graphics? Make it optional and everyone will be happy. I'll probably end up playing on modern ones anyway, because... why not?
    Pretty sure the whole LFD/LFR thing has already been shot down, and I want to say there's been an official mention that they won't be included in Classic.

I think the biggest problem with the 'Classic community' right now, is there are a lot of uninformed blowhards posting for the sake of posting about things that have already been shot down by Blizzard; however, there's still a lot of things that are up in the air. So while, sure the LFD system is out- what about achievements, xmog, etc. I don't think the Vanilla purists are going to be 100% happy, and I don't think the 'Modern Classic' crowd is going to be 100% happy either- in the end there will have to be some compromise, or there will just be hundreds of pissed off people complaining about 'how great things would be if...'

If anything, the pissing matches and flame wars on WoW related forums (here and elsewhere) about the matter are pretty much the brick and mortar of why Blizzard were so reluctant to do this in the first place. I understand there's people that flat out think Vanilla WoW was the 'better' experience, and good for them; but at the same time there's tons of people that played Vanilla and think it was shit (like me) and have little interest outside of friends that we want to play with there in a limited capacity. I think it will be a fun little jaunt down memory lane, but as I've stated before, WoW wasn't my first MMO- so the 'magic' that a lot of VanillaBros had just isn't there for me. I do however remember the excruciatingly painful run from Qeynos across the Karanas, through Highpass, across Kithicor (at night mind you) and across the Commonlands in EQ (and all the deaths and even the lost character in Befallen) and while I look fondly back to those days- I can login to EQ1 right now, and none of it feels the same (and it never will).

No one knows what Blizzard will do yet. We're just trying to influence Blizzard in what we think is the right direction.