Poll: What spec will be best?

What spec will be best for Antorus?

Arms or Fury?
    I heard Fury from a guildie. Not sure if true or not.
    Last edited by TheramoreIsTheBomb; 2017-11-15 at 03:03 AM.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Single Minded Fury, followed by Gladiator spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Single Minded Fury, followed by Gladiator spec.
    Nice. Looks like I'm rolling either Elemental or Demo then.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Arms is extremely strong currently. However, it's looking like Fury has better tier bonus synergy.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

It will most likely be fury... if you check simcraft, fury is >200k ahead of Arms but that's under optimal st 100% uptime situation, with no stacks dropping or anything... but with that lead it will remain better even IF it's movement and targetswitching involved.... Hope they'll tweak the sets a bit more else we'll all have to turn fury and toss our 75+ arms-weps into the gutter!

So yeah.. looks like fury, I hope for arms but best would obv be if they are kinda equal so we can pick what we damn prefer without feeling we're gimping yourselves!

Warrior's biggest asset is the execute phase, and during progression it's also the time when tanks start to get mauled, and healers run DRY. Unless fury get's a better execute mechanic with bigger uptime, arms will always win.

Also let's not forget the increased dmg fury takes and the self healing of arms, which can be quite beefy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashgaan View Post
    Also let's not forget the increased dmg fury takes...
    This is beyond irrelevant and mentioning it shows a complete lack of understanding of Fury survivability. Fury is one of the beefiest specs. If you die it's because your raid is wiping or you messed up really badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherle View Post
    This is beyond irrelevant and mentioning it shows a complete lack of understanding of Fury survivability. Fury is one of the beefiest specs. If you die it's because your raid is wiping or you messed up really badly.
    While is not something extremely relevant, it's not something you should completely ignore also, especially in progression when dmg is high, hp pools are not yet there, healers will run dry.

ToS had a lot of mechanics that almost oneshoted people, even with proper tactics (and in the heat of battle you, or the others will not see everything all the time). That CR is better used on tanks/healers.

If you want to be productive, you can "teach" me about fury survivability.

It's meant to be ignored honestly. They made enrage irremovable strictly because they compensate for the damage taken with a lot more health. I'd even wager more than is needed because I don't die to shit ever.

Well I guess honestly there isn't much to "teach". Only thing is if you know a big unavoidable hit is coming just hold the BT for a couple seconds to not enrage during it. If it threatens to one shot (especially with 30% more health) then the mechanic is being handled incorrectly or the boss is overtuned. I can't even think of a mechanic even on progression that was just terrifying to be enraged during. Mistress' hydra shot was fine if soaked properly. Host you're downstairs as a warrior so the spears don't matter. Dark mark again if properly soaked are fine. Really the only thing I purposely don't enrage during is KJ's Darkness of a Thousand Souls.

As testament I'd probably say to check fury talents during initial M progression of ToS. I'd wager many did not take warpaint (Talent that reduces bonus dmg taken) because the bonus damage taken mechanic is not relevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's meant to be ignored honestly. They made enrage irremovable strictly because they compensate for the damage taken with a lot more health. I'd even wager more than is needed because I don't die to shit ever.

Well I guess honestly there isn't much to "teach". Only thing is if you know a big unavoidable hit is coming just hold the BT for a couple seconds to not enrage during it. If it threatens to one shot (especially with 30% more health) then the mechanic is being handled incorrectly or the boss is overtuned. I can't even think of a mechanic even on progression that was just terrifying to be enraged during. Mistress' hydra shot was fine if soaked properly. Host you're downstairs as a warrior so the spears don't matter. Dark mark again if properly soaked are fine. Really the only thing I purposely don't enrage during is KJ's Darkness of a Thousand Souls.

As testament I'd probably say to check fury talents during initial M progression of ToS. I'd wager many did not take warpaint (Talent that reduces bonus dmg taken) because the bonus damage taken mechanic is not relevant.
    This plus the fact that you gain another 6% life while enraged.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I think it goes something like that (if you only get 6% more hp while enraged) :
    If I am right then it means that if you were hit for 88% of your base hp (no enrage) while enrage (20% more dmg taken, +6% max hp), you'd pretty much be dead.
    I don't think there are many scenarios where this happens and we have a dmg reduction cooldown or talent trait if needed (not).

No enrage HP 5,000,000
    Damage taken w/o enrage 4,400,000
    total % of life 88.00%
    HP Left w/o enrage 600,000
    % left 12.00%

Enrage HP 5,300,000
    Damage taken w/ enrage 5,280,000
    total % of life 99.62%
    HP left w/ enrage 20,000
    % left 0.38%

Did they nerf arms t21 tier or something? I could swear the numbers were different for army tier bonuses. Looks like fury may take the lead. That 4pc looks so nutty when pairing it with avatar, battle cry and odyn's fury. So good.

They made enrage irremovable strictly because they compensate for the damage taken with a lot more health.
    Actually Enrage hasn't been cancellable since Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Actually Enrage hasn't been cancellable since Cataclysm.
    That's a bummer
    @Cherle - thx, will have to check with my fury war his talent choices. My main issue is that they seem to die faster than their arms counterparts, specially to big dmg mechanics, for sustained AoE their BT is good to cover for their weakness.

Anyway, when on my warrior i usually tank and go arms when needed, and from a mechanical perspective (both class and encounter related) their plus is in execute phase, when bosses need to go down, fast. If it wasn't for that very clunky fury execute rotation without the ring and that stupid execute ramp-up mechanic (works for hunter due to range attacks) i would probably even try them, but if arms dps is within acceptable limits i feel that is the better choice.

Quote Originally Posted by khaedar View Post
    No enrage HP 5,000,000
    Damage taken w/o enrage 4,400,000
    total % of life 88.00%
    HP Left w/o enrage 600,000
    % left 12.00%

Enrage HP 5,300,000
    Damage taken w/ enrage 5,280,000
    total % of life 99.62%
    HP left w/ enrage 20,000
    % left 0.38%
    Nice math, but you forget the part that fury has 15% extra hp, so your mechanic that deals 88% of our hp would kill everybody else (except tanks) so it's irrelevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stk View Post
    Nice math, but you forget the part that fury has 15% extra hp, so your mechanic that deals 88% of our hp would kill everybody else (except tanks) so it's irrelevant.
    That's true but I mostly put that information for those who are saying you should try not to be enraged before a huge hit. (to avoid the extra 20% dmg increase)

Yeah @Ashgaan that's cool. In my experience I see Fury weighted towards the less skilled this tier because of its deeming of "not meta" so that may have made people think their furys are squishy when really their players are squishy. Both arms and fury have good survivability though so whichever is more fun in the end.