Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Joe Biden being groomed to run in 2020

I'm seeing a LOT of Joe Biden on television lately, interviews and biopics. Think uncle creepy has a chance in hell in 2020?

Undead Vol'Jin has my vote for Warchief in 2018.

You might want Gen Off Topic

Unless you think he should run for Warchief of the Horde

I hear OP is being groomed for biggest fool award.

I haven't noticed anything myself.

Moderator Note: Moved to General Off-Topic / Politics
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

He's a former Vice President. He's run for president before. He doesn't need to be "groomed" for it.

Well now we are where it suppose to be

Well i think Biden couldve easily beaten Trump back in 2016 but just like Sanders will age be a issue? Though Trump is no spring chicken himself!

So i believe the dems needs to look for a young go getter with fire in his belly and a skeleton free closet!

7+ Year Old Account
    Okay, what are his biggest policy desires?

Dems seriously needs to stop looking at the past for candidates and instead look at the success that was Obama.

Had Obama not shown up then i would almost guarantee Hilary wouldve gotten the nod back in 2008 and maybe had won.

The dems needs to stop looking at the establishment and someone who is nearly 80 and start to look at the young ranks to groom someone from there instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatAgain666 View Post
    Dems seriously needs to stop looking at the past for candidates and instead look at the success that was Obama.

Had Obama not shown up then i would almost guarantee Hilary wouldve gotten the nod back in 2008 and maybe had won.

The dems needs to stop looking at the establishment and someone who is nearly 80 and start to look at the young ranks to groom someone from there instead.
    Obama was a center right president.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

how about gen X candidates only

both sides

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    Obama was a center right president.
    But he was also young and connected with people plus who here even knew who he was before he ran?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    I haven't noticed anything myself.
    OP is probably referring to Biden's interview on the Today Show. Not that I watch the show, but now the interview is bouncing around in the pundit echo chamber.

In an interview on NBC’s Today show Monday, Biden said that he hadn’t made up his mind about another presidential run — but emphasized that he is a very healthy septuagenarian.

Days earlier, a bevy of Biden’s confidantes (probably Biden himself) fed Politico a story about how the longtime senator had become convinced that Trump must not be reelected — and that “he doesn’t yet see anyone else who could stop that from happening.”

And remember, the Anti-Hillary types keep saying Hillary shouldn't run because she a "two time loser" in the presidential sweepstakes. Though they seem to forget that Biden also failed twice in presidential runs.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I've said before -- Biden is too old.

He's a decent politician who can work domestic policy probably better than most. His weakness will be the perception of his ability to handle foreign policy. The goofy uncle vibe will be hard to shake.

Trump has set the bar so low that if for some reason the republicans have a moment of insanity and put Trump up as the nominee again we could probably run a wet sock and win. However I'm not confident of Biden's chances against a real candidate.

A better chance than Clinton, that’s for sure, but someone not connected to the previous administration would do better IMO.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    OP is probably referring to Biden's interview on the Today Show. Not that I watch the show, but now the interview is bouncing around in the pundit echo chamber.

In an interview on NBC’s Today show Monday, Biden said that he hadn’t made up his mind about another presidential run — but emphasized that he is a very healthy septuagenarian.

Days earlier, a bevy of Biden’s confidantes (probably Biden himself) fed Politico a story about how the longtime senator had become convinced that Trump must not be reelected — and that “he doesn’t yet see anyone else who could stop that from happening.”

And remember, the Anti-Hillary types keep saying Hillary shouldn't run because she a "two time loser" in the presidential sweepstakes. Though they seem to forget that Biden also failed twice in presidential runs.
    Hillary is only a one-time loser. Not getting the party nomination doesn't count in that particular category. So Biden hasn't had a presidential run yet.

I would agree that Biden might be the DNC's best choice in 2020. Take Biden along with a super energetic 40-ish-something hispanic from the south and they would probably do well.

The one thing we cannot do is have Bernie come back and try again. And Hillary won't ever again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    As I've said before -- Biden is too old.

He's a decent politician who can work domestic policy probably better than most. His weakness will be the perception of his ability to handle foreign policy. The goofy uncle vibe will be hard to shake.

Trump has set the bar so low that if for some reason the republicans have a moment of insanity and put Trump up as the nominee again we could probably run a wet sock and win. However I'm not confident of Biden's chances against a real candidate.
    Unless Trump has been ousted, he'll be the GOP's nomination. You can count on that. And all bets are off on whether he can be beaten again - he won the first time around against, literally, all odds.

I also disagree that Biden it too old. And he's a known quantity with no real baggage and a "dynamic" personality. He would be a real asset.

10+ Year Old Account
    His coat DOES look glossy!
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Unless Trump has been ousted, he'll be the GOP's nomination.
    It depends. If things continue as they are he may very well get primaried by his own party. Not to mention by all accounts he's miserable, not to mention in possible legal danger. He may not run again just to get out.

And all bets are off on whether he can be beaten again - he won the first time around against, literally, all odds.
    Eh. Trump barely won in a really bizarre race. There were a ton of factors in place -- and Trump can't play the outsider anti-establishment game again. He's deeply unpopular and mathematically can't win with how his numbers look now. I don't disagree that anything is possible in this crazy era, but to say the Trump of 2020 is the same as the Trump of 2016 is incorrect on a number of levels.

I also disagree that Biden it too old.
    Ugh. The dude will be 77 when he takes place. Which means he'll be in his mid 80s when his (assuming) second term is done. We shouldn't want ANYONE in their 80s running the government. There are way too many risks with health and mental acuity.

And he's a known quantity with no real baggage and a "dynamic" personality. He would be a real asset.
    As I said he's a good politician. If he was 10 years younger I'd say go for it. But he's not. We need someone who is Obama's age, not someone who has an increasing portfolio of risk factors.
    Last edited by Lenonis; 2017-11-13 at 09:16 PM. Reason: removed the double post

If Uncle Joe becomes president, no little girl will be safe from his touch.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    It depends. If things continue as they are he may very well get primaried by his own party. Not to mention by all accounts he's miserable, not to mention in possible legal danger. He may not run again just to get out.
    He's already formed a 2020 election platform - campaign site, website, fundraising, etc. I agree with you re misery and legal danger but if he's not ousted I see him at least trying to run.

Eh. Trump barely won in a really bizarre race. There were a ton of factors in place -- and Trump can't play the outsider anti-establishment game again. He's deeply unpopular and mathematically can't win with how his numbers look now. I don't disagree that anything is possible in this crazy era, but to say the Trump of 2020 is the same as the Trump of 2016 is incorrect on a number of levels.
    True, but he did win. And that means a LOT - especially as you point out in this crazy era.

Ugh. The dude will be 77 when he takes place. Which means he'll be in his mid 80s when his (assuming) second term is done. We shouldn't want ANYONE in their 80s running the government. There are way too many risks with health and mental acuity.

As I said he's a good politician. If he was 10 years younger I'd say go for it. But he's not. We need someone who is Obama's age, not someone who has an increasing portfolio of risk factors.
    Age is his first, second, and third worst problem. I think he could dodge it with a young (Obama age) VP. But we'll have to see.