Nurf fear blizz!!!

I recall back in the -Vanilla- day, about every other thread was QQ about 'fear.' This lasted a long time, even when 'stun lock' (100 to dead while inside of a stun) was a real thing.

As some one who played during Vanilla I can vouch that being under the CC fear and see my HP bar fall, has to be the most frustrating gaming emotion I ever felt .. Still can't explain why ..

Basically, you could have your entire team beat on a feared target and the CC would not break. You know, just like a full stun lock .. BUT people accepted being killed inside of a stun and RAGED when the same thing happens inside of a fear.

This is going to come back for sure, now I don't know what % will play Warlock, but back it was not so dominate. Lastly, worth mentioning the SL/SL spec (not sure what patch it became a thing though) ..

Prepare for a new wave of rage ..

PS: Back then the entire team killed the warlock puppy first .. Litreally before doing anything else, ALL DPS would zerg the minion/pet or the lock would not die ..
    Last edited by Cempa; 2017-11-15 at 06:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    I recall back in the -Vanilla- day, about every other thread was QQ about 'fear.' This lasted a long time, even when 'stun lock' (100 to dead while inside of a stun) was a real thing.

As some one who played during Vanilla I can vouch that being under the CC fear and see my HP bar fall, has to be the most frustrating gaming emotion I ever felt .. Still can't explain why ..

Basically, you could have your entire team beat on a feared target and the CC would not break. You know, just like a full stun lock .. BUT people accepted being killed inside of a stun and RAGED when the same thing happens inside of a fear.
    Fear was constantly nerfed in Vanilla. A damage cap was added in 1.6 or 1.7. Then lowered, three more times. Eventually, it could break on any damage over a certain threshold, including the first DoT tick.

People need to STFU about it.

And, Warriors were effectively immune to it (three different ways to break it depending on spec) and there was a Blacksmithing trinket that broke it made you immune to it for a long-ass time.

This is going to come back for sure, now I don't know what % will play Warlock, but back it was not so dominate. Lastly, worth mentioning the SL/SL spec (not sure what patch it became a thing though) ..

Prepare for a new wave of rage ..
    SL/SL wasn't even possible in Vanilla. It was TBC. You didn't have enough talent points to get the two talents in Vanilla.
    Last edited by Kagthul; 2017-11-15 at 06:32 AM.

All the cries about warlocks being OP at PvP are greatly overexaggerated. Same with fear. Also, I'd like to see people who focused warlocks first - those people for sure would learn fast not to do it.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B