Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

Blue confirmed they're considering balancing specs

Classes might be balanced blue confirmed https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9242036?page=7

Updated

Linking to a poll on classic wow and how it should be handled https://goo.gl/forms/rOHYFFp6i74a8or13 make your opinion heard
    Last edited by superhumanj; 2017-11-15 at 10:57 PM. Reason: added link

Deleted
    Then its not Vanilla

case closed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    Then its not Vanilla

case closed
    It's called classic tho

Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    It's called classic tho
    Oh no, you struck the match.

You didn't mean to, but you did it.

Get out, quick.

There's about to be a fire, a big one.

Run.

RUN.

Good I hope they drive all the purists away from vanilla 2.0 and make the game really good. I'll drop live probably. BFA and no tier sets is questionable

Welp. they are cocking it up already and the team isnt even formed yet. losing hope that this will be anything good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    Oh no, you struck the match.

You didn't mean to, but you did it.

Get out, quick.

There's about to be a fire, a big one.

Run.

RUN.

It was getting a bit cold in here

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by superhumanj View Post
    Classes might be balanced blue confirmed https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9242036?page=7
    Except it isn't confirmed, later on the same page they said it was his opinion and since the team is still coming together there is no definitive answer either way.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    And so it begins as it have been foretold.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    Welp. they are cocking it up already and the team isnt even formed yet. losing hope that this will be anything good.
    If the team isn't even formed they can't be fucking it up already. That's just the opinion of one community manager, who will not have a say in the design. Might be too early to hit the panic button.

Fake news.

It's hilarious how many people fall for it, not even reading the post.

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I see a post from a "Community Manager" saying "I personally think its fair to have a discussion about classes/specs in Classic..."

I think you might be over-stating what you saw in this post.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, all that really says is that the moderator in that forum feels it's fair game for people in the forum to talk about.

- - - Updated - - -

It's more of a personal opinion. As you've read numerous times, the team for Classic is just now coming together, so I wouldn't say there's much of an opinion internally one way or the other.

This is more so a "we", the Community team, remember that class balance was one of the more contentious discussions during the early days - and it could be useful feedback to continue those discussion so we can have a concrete place to look at how players feel Classic balance should be.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by rootbeerboy View Post
    Good I hope they drive all the purists away from vanilla 2.0 and make the game really good. I'll drop live probably. BFA and no tier sets is questionable
    You can have your experience with current wow. Just lock xp at 60. There you have all the good things you want so much.

I wonder what kind of balance they are considering. New abilities and rotations? Just numbers tuning? Will feral and prot palas be viable tanks?

Deleted
    Most of it would be fixed with itemization, I'd wager. If you keep the rules intact you can do things like casters having more spell damage so they can downrank casts. Maybe some plain mana cost changes, maybe having the original relics for paladins, shaman and druids distributed earlier. Some sprinklings of modern design, like having decent access to powerful new weapons every ten levels or so, would be good as well - will there be enough population on the servers to support economies with reasonably priced crafted items? Why not come up with more profession schemata to push people into being interested in it again? Things like the l~20 blue leather gloves with high agi itemization for instance that were desired and thus had a demand.

Blue confirmed that Ythisens thinks it's a worthwhile conversation to have. Not that the game devs are considering it. CM =/= developer

The last blue post in that thread concludes with the following:

"A few things have been taken out of context here, and I just wanted to course correct and say that nothing for Classic is set in stone.

We want to work with the Community on making sure we can do World of Warcraft: Classic the right way. We want to listen to the opinions of the players who have worked to get to where we are now.

We do not want players on our forums attacking each other left and right. People are free to have their opinions, on both sides of these arguments, and we will be following them closely.

We will not, however, play into the hands of people directing their followers to make attacks against our community or otherwise conflagrate the community we have on these forums.

I have read the majority of the discussion in this thread, and I think it's easy to see that a majority of posters here are against changes to class balance in any form in Classic. I'll make sure that feedback is passed on when the time comes for it. I think this thread has served its purpose and the feedback has been clear."

No it hasn't, stop shitposting.

They should release everything exactly the way it was in classic.

They can tweak things later if needed, but at least start with the original game. When/If people realize the original design sucked, THEN you can start making changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    No it hasn't, stop shitposting.
    Actually it is confirmed that classes MIGHT be rebalanced. Obviously it is a MIGHT because the blue said it was a conversation worth having and not "we definitely want to stuck to original class balance design".