Pre-BC servers will probably never die

Aterac Valley week long battles will keep it alive forever, even after the PVE-ers discover Naxx atunements and 4 Horsemen and say "fuck it, I'm out".

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, yeah. PvE has limitations, but bashing your head against an enemy player is a sport.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    J. Allen Brack: One of the things we do know is that by announcing this, we're in the WOW Classic business forever. Once that starts, there's a commitment on our end that we're going to continue maintaining those servers for as long as there is a World of Warcraft. I think there will be people that come and do the nostalgia trip, they go to the Barrens and find Mankrik's wife, and then they're done. That's fine. Some amount of people, however, are going to create a new Classic community and that's what we'll be providing.

Those people don't just want the old gameplay features, they want the constant social connection. And so we can't just support it for a couple of months and then if it's not working out, ditch it. There has to be an assurance that you can build this character, build this guild, build these friendships, and the server will continue.
    "I think there will be a lot of tourists," he adds. "But it doesn’t matter what I think because once we’re committed to doing this at a Blizzard level, which we are, whatever happens is going to happen. If millions of people show up and play for years, that’s awesome. And if just tens of people show up and play for years, we’re fine either way. What’s important to us is that we have this Classic experience people can enjoy, that people do have the opportunity to go back to. This is an important game in videogame history and there’s not a way to go back and experience that today. This is also about preserving something that we think is really important.
    Seems like it.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2017-11-20 at 02:15 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    Aterac Valley week long battles will keep it alive forever, even after the PVE-ers discover Naxx atunements and 4 Horsemen and say "fuck it, I'm out".
    Naxxramas attunements aren't even hard. You probably have a bunch of argent dawn rep anyway and it's pretty cheap at revered. Free at exalted.

As for the Four Horsemen, well...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i6crlaao3q...AGGRO.mp3?dl=0
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2017-11-20 at 02:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    J. Allen Brack: One of the things we do know is that by announcing this, we're in the WOW Classic business forever. Once that starts, there's a commitment on our end that we're going to continue maintaining those servers for as long as there is a World of Warcraft. I think there will be people that come and do the nostalgia trip, they go to the Barrens and find Mankrik's wife, and then they're done. That's fine. Some amount of people, however, are going to create a new Classic community and that's what we'll be providing.

Those people don't just want the old gameplay features, they want the constant social connection. And so we can't just support it for a couple of months and then if it's not working out, ditch it. There has to be an assurance that you can build this character, build this guild, build these friendships, and the server will continue.
    "I think there will be a lot of tourists," he adds. "But it doesn’t matter what I think because once we’re committed to doing this at a Blizzard level, which we are, whatever happens is going to happen. If millions of people show up and play for years, that’s awesome. And if just tens of people show up and play for years, we’re fine either way. What’s important to us is that we have this Classic experience people can enjoy, that people do have the opportunity to go back to. This is an important game in videogame history and there’s not a way to go back and experience that today. This is also about preserving something that we think is really important.
    Seems like it.
    J. Allen Brack is 100% spot on, players who want to find a community will do so on a WoWv server and I look forward to it.