Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ...
11
19
20
21
  1. #401
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Wow this was actually not the direction I thought replies to my post would go at all. I wrote up this whole thing and was actually sitting on it for about 5 minutes wondering if I should just delete it. Interesting.

    Yeah, I mean... I played on Runescape before starting WoW (cuz the game was out before) so I went on that whole journey. It was exactly like retail. Everything was AWESOME. A lot of people really liked Runescape 2 and all of the new stuff that came with it (this is the version that 07 is. There was a previous version beforehand). It was pretty good... I played it for 6 years (2001-2007), and then summoning came out. I don't know what it was about summoning, but we really disliked it. And that's when they ended up taking the game in an entirely new direction. The combat in that game was always very "boring", but it was something people liked about it. Runescape 3 started adding actual like.. abilities and stuff. There was outcry and we got a version from 07 just before summoning was added. It was good for a time and then development started after a while on new things. I think a lot of people back then were afraid as well, but they implemented polls and new changes came.

    OSRS has actually evolved to include some of the things only added in the later versions of Runescape but modified to fit the times. "New" models were made to fit the engine and graphics of that time period for bosses that were released in RS3, and they modified the way the bosses played so that they would be doable.

    - - - Updated - - -



    You can leave the feeling of the game intact without leaving the game identical. Seriously, look at OSRS. It did this. WoW can do this too.
    No, it can not. It will not be the same. Not in the slightest.
    RuneScape is not the same game and comparing them is silly.

  2. #402
    Mechagnome Gungnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nifelheim
    Posts
    628
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbusg View Post
    Yes, slippery slope is a fallacy.
    Perhaps it shouldn't be used as an argument.
    The day it stops being a thing is the day it'll stop getting used as an argument.
    Because it very much is a thing due to basic human psychology when you have a butthurt minority wanting to push their agenda.

  3. #403
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    Except then you have the slippery-slope fallacy.
    "But they added AoE looting, why can't they add <insert X QoL change here>" and then there'll be a community outcry and campaigning for it, then it happens, and all of the sudden we're sitting there about a year down the road with just a low level cap version of current WoW.
    Don't underestimate the stupidity of the masses and how easily they'll lobby behind things because the romanticize the change without realizing the impact of it.
    I don't want AoE looting lol

  4. #404
    Mechagnome Gungnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nifelheim
    Posts
    628
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    I don't want AoE looting lol
    I'm not saying you do, but there are a lot of people who never even played Vanilla that wants these things once they found out that it wasn't in Vanilla.
    Ignorant and loud minorities tend to be noticed the most aswell, which means that this slippery slope issue is very much a reality if Blizzard decides to take community input on how to develop a game that launched a decade ago which people already have a clear view of what they want out of it.

    It's just such a bad idea all around to do anything but to keep it completely Vanilla.

  5. #405
    Wait, who the hell actually wants cross realm battlegrounds? Is the community seriously asking for this? Do you guys know what the word community means?

  6. #406
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    I'm not saying you do, but there are a lot of people who never even played Vanilla that wants these things once they found out that it wasn't in Vanilla.
    Ignorant and loud minorities tend to be noticed the most aswell, which means that this slippery slope issue is very much a reality if Blizzard decides to take community input on how to develop a game that launched a decade ago which people already have a clear view of what they want out of it.

    It's just such a bad idea all around to do anything but to keep it completely Vanilla.
    Not really. They can keep it up to polls that only active members past a certain level can vote on. Those loud-mouthed players who want things that nobody else wants will leave. But even if they didn't, it wouldn't matter. Just look at the survey results. Flying, LFR, LFD... all 90%+ NO. It's very obvious that the playerbase doesn't want Classic to go down in a bad way.
    Last edited by Hctaz; 2017-11-16 at 05:24 PM.

  7. #407
    This is hilarious to read through. So they want patch 1.4 and 1.2 on release, but not 1.3? That'll be fun to code!

    The overwhelming support for "classic expansions" is my favorite. First BC, then Wrath, then before you know it they're playing the exact same game as everyone else but with the sweet, sweet taste of superiority, for they are playing the REAL game, unlike those new-age casual plebians.

    edit: Wait, they want expansions, but using only the existing two continents, and of course we can't have Cataclysm style events because that'd mess with their vanilla experience. How on earth...?

    edit2: "But yes, we would totally like to get things like Grim Batol, Hyjal, and Uldum in a sort of "expansion" format." WHAT?!

    edit3: But no progression, we can't have that, all new content must not be better than Naxx gear! o_O

    Quote Originally Posted by Doranian123 View Post
    Wait, who the hell actually wants cross realm battlegrounds? Is the community seriously asking for this? Do you guys know what the word community means?
    People who remember how much it sucked to be on a realm with almost no horde or almost no alliance?
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2017-11-16 at 06:40 PM.

  8. #408
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    This is hilarious to read through. So they want patch 1.4 and 1.2 on release, but not 1.3? That'll be fun to code!

    The overwhelming support for "classic expansions" is my favorite. First BC, then Wrath, then before you know it they're playing the exact same game as everyone else but with the sweet, sweet taste of superiority, for they are playing the REAL game, unlike those new-age casual plebians.

    edit: Wait, they want expansions, but using only the existing two continents, and of course we can't have Cataclysm style events because that'd mess with their vanilla experience. How on earth...?

    edit2: "But yes, we would totally like to get things like Grim Batol, Hyjal, and Uldum in a sort of "expansion" format." WHAT?!

    edit3: But no progression, we can't have that, all new content must not be better than Naxx gear! o_O
    If you really want nitpick answers and trying to play smart around it, go ahead, but I think you misunderstood quite a lot. These questions are limited and it's hard to represent vision of WoW classic of many, if you can't use actual words, just some checkboxes.

    So let me translate you, what this actually says, if you can't do it for yourself:

    People want the most stable, bug free and balanced version of WoW up to patch 2.0. But actually they want progress through content, released in batches, not unlocked everything at once.

    PvP is different beast, people enjoyed BGs, there is no point in staggered release. Also, while server community and stuff is nice, wait times in BGs were big issue without cross realm BGs.

    People don't mind some QoL changes, as long as it wont affect vanilla experience in big way.

    People would like to see WoW: Classic progress in some way after last raid release but do it in different this time. For example using unfinished zones.

    People would like to see some sort of expansions release for WoW: Classic, but not as vertical progression, rather horizontal - not making world smaller thanks to new zones and increasing level cap

    So, here it is. I hope now you understand what most people are telling us. Just don't take these limited question literally, look at bigger picture, and you will understand, what people want.

  9. #409
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Factoring in both their current strategies with content in retail, and the fact that 1.12 is arguably the most fixed version--many bugs and core issues resolved, various non-content additions included (weather, STV and Darkmoon events, etc). I would imagine the initial plan is to release a build of 1.12 where instances have a staggered release, much like raids do on retail today. So they'll activate them slowly over time but leave the rest of the game in its fully patched form.
    Yeah think what you say here where they release 1.12 as class balance and stability but add the raids and such later on which why shouldn't they. As long as 1.12 class changes are in effect people won't get very annoyed when they take 1-2 months casually leveling to 60 with there friends or enjoying content to find out, oh you play pala tank? sorry you can't come raid with us etc etc xd

  10. #410
    Getting a good sample size from this at least.

  11. #411
    Have they released the new survey?

  12. #412
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    I agree with you so much so that I made this meme for everyone to enjoy

    Lmao, this is great!

  13. #413
    I am getting a kick out of this very vocal purist minority being put in their place. Some of them still think everyone who actually played vanilla want it to be pure. I played vanilla, i played private servers. I want some changes. Is your World shattered now?

    You guys are literally like a bunch of mini Trumps
    Last edited by Nupomaniac; 2017-11-20 at 05:06 AM.
    Vanilla fanboy - NOT a purist.

  14. #414
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbusg View Post
    Yes, slippery slope is a fallacy.
    Perhaps it shouldn't be used as an argument.
    People have been saying that for 12 years. In the case of world of Warcraft, the slippery slope is very much an argument as opposed to a fallacy. The whining that begun the first week of world of Warcraft, has directly resulted into today's situation. I'm not blaming Blizzard for failing to properly balance the classes, so that each and every one of them are unique in their own way with their own unique play style. For the most part. The task was impossible to begin with, and even and idiot could have foreseen that uniqueness and balance don't go hand in hand at all.

    I'm blaming Blizzard for even attempting to balance the classes properly. Equality of the polar opposite of uniqueness. Two players, playing two different classes cannot possibly be equal, and at the same time play unique and interesting classes. Either they are playing unique and unbalances classes, or they are playing balanced and bland equal classes.
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

  15. #415
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    Except then you have the slippery-slope fallacy.
    "But they added AoE looting, why can't they add <insert X QoL change here>" and then there'll be a community outcry and campaigning for it, then it happens, and all of the sudden we're sitting there about a year down the road with just a low level cap version of current WoW.
    Don't underestimate the stupidity of the masses and how easily they'll lobby behind things because the romanticize the change without realizing the impact of it.
    I think you misunderstood the meaning of a phrase "Slippery slope argument IS A FALLACY".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •