Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Just feels weird...

Ok I get that game play does not equal lore, and EVERYONE who played through Suramar - every Horde player as well as every Alliance player - was responsible for saving the lives of the Nightfallen, liberating the city, and defeating Gul'dan... But it will still feel strange, remembering all I went through with them to see them forget all that and go to war against us (speaking for my Alliance toons here).

I guess Highmountain and the Lightforged fit into this category too, but neither feels as strange. Both are clearly connected to races already in those factions, and tbh I didn't find their quest lines as compelling. I don't feel a close connection to Turalyon or Ebonhorn the way I do to Oculeth and Thalyssra. Suramar was, imho, the best zone Blizz has ever done and I will always remember it fondly.

Not something that will keep me from enjoying the game, but it will feel strange.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    This will all make sense when quest lines for obtaining those races are available.

Also Tyrande was a bitch to Nightborn

Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    This will all make sense when quest lines for obtaining those races are available.

She was, but I wasn't. Thalyssra and I were buds. And Oculeth? How am I supposed to fight Oculeth? I still say hi to him every time I pass through.

Well,gameplay wise,ofc any Alliance player can say "BUT I SAVED THOSE JUNKIES".But when you compare the nightborne to the kaldorei and the blood elves,they are like night and day.In general,the nightborne are the same as the highborne,but their difference is that they have been "preserved" under the dome for years.The same aristocratic way of life and love or magic.The kaldorei are all about the nature,preserving the wilds and forests,while the blood elves have never turned their back to their heritage - remember,that the blood very originally the exiled highborne. It's normal,that the nightborne have more in common with the blood elves,than with kaldorei,but keep in mind,that a small group of the original highborne rejoined their kind in Darnassus.

10+ Year Old Account
    I missed what Tyrande did to the Nightborn? And yeah, as far as my toon is concerned, he personally saved Thalyssra and Co from being wretched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

In Warcraft 3 Orcs and Humans became allies, helped eachother.. Yet here we are..
    Warcraft universe is very keen on breaking alliances and dividing factions...
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

A lot of people seem to state this. I don't recall her being a bitch per say, i do recall her being somewhat cold. So i guess i can see why they'd go for the horde over the alliance if based purely on this. As i understand it they feel like they have more in common with the Sin'dorei than the Kal'dorei because of their dependence on a well and the need to find their way in the world after its destruction.

Admittedly i don't really remember all of the texts and lines and such from the questlines and whatnot, i agree it was a fantastic zone but i did it ages ago now >.>, but from what i recall, Tyrande seemed more annoyed at the fact that the Nightborne (re: *NOT* the nightfallen, but the Nightborne under Elisande) caved and let the legion in and now she has to sacrifice her own people in order to liberate what she sees as cowards/traitors. At least that was my take on it. It may be completely incorrect though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    I missed what Tyrande did to the Nightborn? And yeah, as far as my toon is concerned, he personally saved Thalyssra and Co from being wretched.
    She basically gave them grief for abandoning her and the rest when they hid behind the shield. After all, Tyrande was around for that war, fought in it, and was personally affected by the Nightborn not helping. So now she's there to help them, but she gives them some attitude about it. Kind of like, "You weren't there for us, but we're here for you. Let's hope your attitude has improved."

10+ Year Old Account
    She was just generally a dick. She was pretty much just there because it was her city of birth and she wanted the Legion out of it, not to help the Nightborne. The blood elves however was there to -help- the NIGHTBORNE and not just rid Suramar of the Legion.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

It should probably be noted that Tyrande has every right to feel some resentment toward them. She was risking her life to fight for Azeroth in the War of the Ancients, when the Nightborn went to hide behind their shield.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kronkster View Post
    She was just generally a dick.
    Describing it that way shows an ignorance of history.

- - - Updated - - -

It's also fair to point out that Thalyssra had no part in the decision to bail on their fellow elves in a time of need - basically pull a Greymane - and Tyrande was wrong to vent her grudge on her. But it would have been bad writing, imho, not so let Tyrande's resentment come out some which way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    It should probably be noted that Tyrande has every right to feel some resentment toward them. She was risking her life to fight for Azeroth in the War of the Ancients, when the Nightborn went to hide behind their shield.
    The reason more to join blood elves which are exiled Highborn.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is hopefully something, that will be succesfully explained in the coming allied-races questlines. They will proberly either put focus on the shared addiction the blood elfs and Nightborne have or the grudge that Tyrande has towards the Nightborne. Maybe it will come up to that both factions will fight for their alliegance and that the Horde are simply ready to give more in exchange for their help. Thalyssra is afterall trying to hold together a population, which have betrayed each other and which have just gotten through a civil war.

Blizzard can do this right and they can do this wrong. Hopefully they will do it right and make people understand the sudden choice of favorite between the factions.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

She basically was a disdainful bitch w/ holier-than-thou attitude.

On topic, what we do as players doesn't matter in lore, even if we have a role of class leader for gameplay reasons. However, what NPCs do is very important.
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-11-16 at 09:00 AM.

I could clarify that if they are going to pick a side, I have no problem with it being Horde, because of the Blood Elves. I play both factions. Seeing them join the Horde will make perfect sense to my Tauren and Troll. It's just going to feel weird, I think, for any Alliance player who's into the lore at all. It will for me when I'm on my Alliance toons.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Describing it that way shows an ignorance of history.

- - - Updated - - -

It's also fair to point out that Thalyssra had no part in the decision to bail on their fellow elves in a time of need - basically pull a Greymane - and Tyrande was wrong to vent her grudge on her. But it would have been bad writing, imho, not so let Tyrande's resentment come out some which way.
    I know my lore fine, thank you. But they probably went with the Horde because they actually -wanted- to help them and not be dicks about it, no matter the reason.
    Tyrande seem to think that because Suramar is her city of birth, gives her -any- rights to it, which she doesnt. At all. That's why I generally hate the alliance side of Suramar, that and the fact that I also dont like Tyrande because I find her annoyed, more so with Suramar.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    She basically was a disdainful bitch w/ holier-than-thou attitude.
    She reacted to them about the same way Varian first reacted to Gilneans when they wanted to rejoin the Alliance. "You deserted us once; why should we trust you again?"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kronkster View Post
    I know my lore fine, thank you. But they probably went with the Horde because they actually -wanted- to help them and not be dicks about it, no matter the reason.
    Tyrande seem to think that because Suramar is her city of birth, gives her -any- rights to it, which she doesnt. At all. That's why I generally hate the alliance side of Suramar, that and the fact that I also dont like Tyrande because I find her annoyed, more so with Suramar.
    Do you get the part of the lore where Suramar deserted their fellow elves during the War of the Ancients? Hid behind their shield while Tyrande, Malfurion, Illidan, and Ravencrest were desperately fighting for the fate of the planet.

She reacted to them about the same way Varian first reacted to Gilneans when they wanted to rejoin the Alliance. "You deserted us once; why should we trust you again?"
    Also, don't forget that Nightborne were quite unamused by Nelves, they criticised Nelves for not using magic and relying on bows.

She was, but I wasn't. Thalyssra and I were buds. And Oculeth? How am I supposed to fight Oculeth? I still say hi to him every time I pass through.
    I don't think the whole race is joining one side or the other. It is going to be "Factions" within those races that will become available. Like only a part of the night born is joining the horde because they became body body with the BE's and only part of the light forged draenei will join the alliance because the rest of them will continue hunting rogue demons in the cosmos while some decides to stay and help with the conflict etc

Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    I don't think the whole race is joining one side or the other. It is going to be "Factions" within those races that will become available. Like only a part of the night born is joining the horde because they became body body with the BE's and only part of the light forged draenei will join the alliance because the rest of them will continue hunting rogue demons in the cosmos while some decides to stay and help with the conflict etc
    Well, Thalyssra, current leader of Nightborne, joined the Horde in BfA, so we can safely assume that majority of them joined as well.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Do you get the part of the lore where Suramar deserted their fellow elves during the War of the Ancients? Hid behind their shield while Tyrande, Malfurion, Illidan, and Ravencrest were desperately fighting for the fate of the planet.
    Yes, I did. Guess what? Fucking 10,000 years ago! Give it a rest, it happened and its been 10,000 years, let it go now.. jesus.