Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Yeah, don't care. The world can nuke the shit out of me and I'd laugh it off.

You're making a compelling case to wipe out the human race. lol

Good burn, man.
    Well you could laugh it off, I doubt those that would be sucking up nuclear fallout would agree, and YOU are Super the people you love not so much.

As for making a compelling case to wipe out the human race, to the rest of the planet you would seem like a fucking GOD, some might worship you immediately, others would distrust the fuck out of you and find a way to account for you and demonstrate they can get a handle on YOU being the situation.

Most would react out of fear, many would react out of misguided ideas, the question isn't whether you can DO anything you want, the question is SHOULD YOU, and how would you do it.

Because make no mistake with that gift there is literally nothing physically can't do.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post

I think the notion might be to do a lot of things, but understand Superman's powers minus the flying or not if you LIVE in the real world the physics and everything else along with the law still apply to you.
    Laws mean nothing if you have no means to enforce them. I wouldn't take it out on the officers who'd come to try and arrest me, of course. If they try to arrest me I even might let them do it, just to walk out of prison through the door.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronkster View Post
    Destroy and kill everything that threatens the world, be it humans or otherwise (comets etc).

Other than that, same as I do now.
    Yeah, I am sure your neighbors would sleep just fine knowing you are at home playing video games, you wouldn't cause cults to worship you or mass hysteria or anything.

Cleanse the world of racism, sexism, homo- and transphobia, ableism.

Which would entail killing, I guess, about 4-5 billion people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Laws mean nothing if you have no means to enforce them. I wouldn't take it out on the officers who'd come to try and arrest me, of course. If they try to arrest me I even might let them do it, just to walk out of prison through the door.
    I am sure that is a cute idea, but what of all those injured or killed in the attempt and ordered to contain you. Human beings don't do so well with situations they can't control or contain.

I am not talking about any specific country. Human beings are scare irrational paranoid fucking creatures. You do this shit, you will cause yourself attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was a joke at malls expense. He seems to think a god cares about ants.
    Well, I don't believe in any form of god, do enjoy the history of some but no belief in them. If so, any god should be banished if you look upon our world. Now, that is a different subject. Hehe.

How exactly, the question is about YOU, your rationale and thinking you have this gift, so what exactly are you going to do Superman?
    I am going to do what Superman couldn't, realize that I can't be around for everything.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Cleanse the world of racism, sexism, homo- and transphobia, ableism.

Which would entail killing, I guess, about 4-5 billion people.
    LOL well at least you are being realistic, although 4- 5 Billion people seems high.

But yes, Humans especially governments ARE GOING TO TEST YOU UNTIL EXHAUSTION!

The only way to influence things the other way is to take everything coming and stand and smile.

7+ Year Old Account
    Some of these replies! People that want super powers so they can sit about in their underwear playing video games and eating Doritos. You do that already lol.

I have this image in my head of someone fishing in WoW while going super saiyan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well, I don't believe in any form of god, do enjoy the history of some but no belief in them. If so, any god should be banished if you look upon our world. Now, that is a different subject. Hehe.

I am going to do what Superman couldn't, realize that I can't be around for everything.
    Yeah but unlike Superman you can't fly away, and people seen your face they will do everything they can to track you.

I do these questions as more than just a "Wouldn't it be just so fucking cool" I do them to provoke thought, and thinking what exactly this kind of gift might mean, or is it a gift at all, could it be a curse, a death sentence to any kind of normal life as long as people know.

In addition to all the other things I said about people, we are corrupt, greedy, cruel, and we will often times go to extreme lengths in our stupidity to try to control what is sometimes impossible until we figured that out.

Deleted
    The super-hearing and seeing trough walls parts would come in pretty handy... especially if i could listen in on board meetings and when important decisions are made.
    Then abuse gathered information to make money.

Get rich the "legal" way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Help excavate people form buildings after earthquakes.
    Bring medical equipement to hard to reach places.
    Etc.
    Because if I didn't, I would find it really hard to live with myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtcrime View Post
    Some of these replies! People that want super powers so they can sit about in their underwear playing video games and eating Doritos. You do that already lol.

I have this image in my head of someone fishing in WoW while going super saiyan.
    Hahaha you restored my faith a little.

Yeah Generals, Militaries, Government representatives, scientist etc, yeah they are all going to just shrug and go fuck it, no need to figure any of this out anymore, LOL especially after witnessing some of the displays people have admitted they would do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    The super-hearing and seeing trough walls parts would come in pretty handy... especially if i could listen in on board meetings and when important decisions are made.
    Then abuse gathered information to make money.

Get rich the "legal" way.
    You really through this through, you actually have good ideas LOL!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Serenais View Post
    Help excavate people form buildings after earthquakes.
    Bring medical equipement to hard to reach places.
    Etc.
    Because if I didn't, I would find it really hard to live with myself.
    Honestly, I wish you had them, you are for sure a Hero.

Yeah but unlike Superman you can't fly away, and people seen your face they will do everything they can to track you.
    Masks don't exist in your world?

You've yet to give anyone a reason to care about people knowing in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Well - becoming superman isn't my wish.

If I become superman, and STILL don't get treated for my mental illness, then the world is SCREWED.

My wish is to be Batman, so shit loads of money can fix my brain.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Masks don't exist in your world?

You've yet to give anyone a reason to care about people knowing in the first place.
    You said nothing about masks, which is why I asked about specifics, remember with facial recognition even if your eyes are exposed you can be identified if their is enough information in any database.

As for killing people you didn't mean to, or at all, that is a personal quality, I can explain if need to ask that question.

You said nothing about masks, which is why I asked about specifics, remember with facial recognition even if your eyes are exposed you can be identified if their is enough information in any database.

As for killing people you didn't mean to, or at all, that is a personal quality, I can explain if need to ask that question.
    I also said that I can move faster than a bullet so masks are meaningless anyway. What makes you think I wouldn't scan the area for cameras? Superman sped to a library and read every single bit of medical knowledge on earth in 5 minutes. You think locating a camera will be hard? Like I said, you have no idea what superman is capable of.

This is a hypothetical wish. I'm a pacifist and loathe violence. "I can explain" I don't need your petty and misplaced condescension. I know the morals of the matter. I never once said I'd kill anyone, BTW. You have no idea what superman's powers are, you have no idea what my stance is, and you have no idea how humans think.

10+ Year Old Account
    I also said that I can move faster than a bullet so masks are meaningless anyway. What makes you think I wouldn't scan the area for cameras?
    This is why I asked for specifics, and I am not sure how you would have a Camera there or what significance that makes but ok.

Superman sped to a library and read every single bit of medical knowledge on earth in 5 minutes. You think locating a camera will be hard? Like I said, you have no idea what superman is capable of.
    Again no specifics, and you are bringing this up now as what "You" would do.

This is a hypothetical wish. I'm a pacifist and loathe violence. "I can explain" I don't need your petty and misplaced condescension. I know the morals of the matter. I never once said I'd kill anyone, BTW. You have no idea what superman's powers are, you have no idea what my stance is, and you have no idea how humans think.
    Your actions by what you suggest seemed, again which is why I asked, and everything you have said thus far is not pacifist, I think you are just making it up as you go along or changing things up once you recognize the complications of what I responded with.

I do know how humans think, but at this point I don't think you know how YOU even think consistently, much less reality, which would be a terrifying prospect you having any kind of responsibility like this.

This is why I asked for specifics, and I am not sure how you would have a Camera there or what significance that makes but ok.
    Okay, I don't think you're even following your own thread anymore. Are you drunk?

How would anyone know I was anywhere without any actual proof? If someone told you that superman is real and he stole their cheetos, you'd laugh and think them insane.

Again no specifics, and you are bringing this up now as what "You" would do.
    No, I proving the capabilities of superman, and how your silly "BUT THEY'LL SEE YOU!" complaint that is really, really dumb and literally no one would care if they had superman's powers.

Your actions by what you suggest seemed, again which is why I asked, and everything you have said thus far is not pacifist, I think you are just making it up as you go along or changing things up once you recognize the complications of what I responded with.
    pac·i·fist
    noun
    1.a person who believes that war and violence are unjustifiable.
    Name one time that made you think I wasn't that. Go ahead and use your twisted logic to try and say I'm not a pacifist. I need more laughs this morning.

I do know how humans think, but at this point I don't think you know how YOU even think consistently, much less reality, which would be a terrifying prospect you having any kind of responsibility like this.
    No you don't. You seem to think power somehow doesn't corrupt. You're wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I am sure your neighbors would sleep just fine knowing you are at home playing video games, you wouldn't cause cults to worship you or mass hysteria or anything.
    Haha, never said they would. But if I would do such, I'd probably put something covering my face etc so nobody would know it was me.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, I don't think you're even following your own thread anymore. Are you drunk?
    If you could show me once you ever followed any thread that anyone has ever posted without confusing yourself or having the point be completely missed I would be surprised.

How would anyone know I was anywhere without any actual proof? If someone told you that superman is real and he stole their cheetos, you'd laugh and think them insane.
    Superman or not, I think you misunderstand the complications of going into a war torn country with no ability to fly. It wouldn't matter had none see you do anything, the impact of what you did would be examined, see things still go on outside your sphere of consideration. Nobody goes secretly through the night and levels ISIS, not without seriously questions as to how or why.

No, I proving the capabilities of superman, and how your silly "BUT THEY'LL SEE YOU!" complaint that is really, really dumb and literally no one would care if they had superman's powers.
    They will see you, and until you improvised Well I would just wear a mask bullshit, completely missing the point. They don't need to see you, all they need to know is someone leveled ISIS at some point and there will be ways to put some of the pieces together there Solid Snake.

Name one time that made you think I wasn't that. Go ahead and use your twisted logic to try and say I'm not a pacifist. I need more laughs this morning.
    Your arrogance and sheer ignorance alone would get other people killed, if you had Supermans gifts and someone like a cops sees you do something illegal pulls out his revolver and shoots, if the bullet bounces off and kills or injures the officer, that is YOUR FAULT

Much less the response to you thinking you could level entire armies and out right saying why would you care about the lives of human beings etc. Going through the chain of your post there is easily enough to laugh at the notion of you being a pacifist, shit you even go so far as to suggest that being superman, pesky humans might cause you want to kill them.

No you don't. You seem to think power somehow doesn't corrupt. You're wrong.
    In your case it isn't the power that makes you corrupt, it is your own inability to think more than for what is in front of your face, so out of frustration you make up a lot of nonsense in a simple what if, to test those different ranges for things like perception and processing, I'll add memory to that too since you fucking can't even remember in this thread the shit you have said that goes directly against your being a pacifist.