Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Post People actually want 'World of Wacraft' to relaunch

From all the discussions circulating around I am starting to get the vibe (of course, I might be wrong) that people actually want Vanilla, be it with or without any QoL changes.

On top of that they want TBC, Wrath, Cata, MoP, WoD, Legion... released in order. A full circle perhaps?

It is beginning to strike me as a misguided nostalgia as to what has been playing with the people we did back, through all these expansions?
    People just want to experience it anew it seems.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iforgotmyaccount View Post
    From all the discussions circulating around I am starting to get the vibe (of course, I might be wrong) that people actually want Vanilla, be it with or without any QoL changes.

On top of that they want TBC, Wrath, Cata, MoP, WoD, Legion... released in order. A full circle perhaps?

It is beginning to strike me as a misguided nostalgia as to what has been playing with the people we did back, through all these expansions?
    People just want to experience it anew it seems.
    Say that to the HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS who the past 7 years has been playing on private vanilla servers purely out of love of the old game.

Classic will be a HUGE success.

Seriously need mods to close all threads like these, 90% of the threads are about this and they're just wrong.

No the nostalgia isn't misguided, private servers show this.
    Shadowlands - Server first 60 Rogue on Tarren-Mill EU
    Classic - Server first 60 Rogue on Gandling EU
    Server first Ragnaros, World 6th

Quote Originally Posted by Rupenbritz View Post
    Seriously need mods to close all threads like these, 90% of the threads are about this and they're just wrong.

No the nostalgia isn't misguided, private servers show this.
    This

10 chars

I was hoping for a relaunch.

I wanted to start out at 1.1 and clear content as new patches added new dungeons, raids, and battle grounds. Eventually working up to 1.12, just like when wow launched back in 2004.

But it looks like most people want to start at 1.12 which is practically TBC and they don't want to progress to TBC. I don't know but a version of WoW that starts at 1.12 that will never progress isn't very appealing.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post
    Say that to the HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS who the past 7 years has been playing on private vanilla servers purely out of love of the old game.

Yea, priv server communities were getting pre large even with all the servers/projects going on. Scary big (been there, played that.)

The consensus seems to be that people want no changes, and for the experience to be as close to vanilla as possible. Lets start with that.

The only fear i have will be launch day. I'm predicting to sit in queues and (depending how well prepared they are) server crashes. A lot of what made Legion launch so smoothly was the whole server-sharding. Starting areas are gonna be in-fucking-sane for classic. And it's gonna be FUN.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

I wanted to start out at 1.1 and clear content as new patches added new dungeons, raids, and battle grounds. Eventually working up to 1.12, just like when wow launched back in 2004.

But it looks like most people want to start at 1.12 which is practically TBC and they don't want to progress to TBC. I don't know but a version of WoW that starts at 1.12 that will never progress isn't very appealing.
    The reason people want 1.12 isn't because they want the content all released, but they don't want dumn bullshit like Survival Hunter's Lacerate.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

So you want to go through all the class' major patch overhauls, including the instances where druids were basically just innervate-bots and paladins had to single-cast their 5 min blessings on each of the 40 people in a raid? oO

Or to the point where warlocks had no shard bags and had to use their (mostly limited to 14 slot bags) bagspace to stockpile soulshards?

I guess 1.12 would be just fine, even if this would still feature some major class imbalances and made certain speccs unviable...

And for free

Quote Originally Posted by Lylandra View Post
    So you want to go through all the class' major patch overhauls, including the instances where druids were basically just innervate-bots and paladins had to single-cast their 5 min blessings on each of the 40 people in a raid? oO

Or to the point where warlocks had no shard bags and had to use their (mostly limited to 14 slot bags) bagspace to stockpile soulshards?

I guess 1.12 would be just fine, even if this would still feature some major class imbalances and made certain speccs unviable...
    Yes, people want classic. Why is it so hard to understand?
    Shadowlands - Server first 60 Rogue on Tarren-Mill EU
    Classic - Server first 60 Rogue on Gandling EU
    Server first Ragnaros, World 6th

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Are you two aware that comparing private servers to anything is like comparing bad Nikkeao brand snickers comparing to Nike? Plus, it's stealing intellectual property.
    That's irrelevant to the enjoyment that people receive from playing on them and you exaggerate the difference. Good private servers over the years have been faithful in most ways to the original game.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashkiman View Post
    And for free
    I paid for my wow sub in vanilla when I was a kid with a 30$ monthly allowance from my parents. Today me and the great majority of the community are probably employed and even more willing to pay for services provided. Do you honestly and truly believe people play on private vanilla realms because its #FREE?

Get a grip on reality, classic-hater.

I never really understood whether cries for buff/change of, for example, paladins were coming from:

1) Paladin players unhappy of how their class plays like.
    2) Wannabe paladin players who "have to" play something else because paladin is bad or doesn't suit them.
    3) Players of other classes who want to see more/less of paladins in the world and in their groups.

Because if 1, then the question appears why do you keep playing this class? It's like taking mage and then complaining you have to stand still and cast to dps while the warrior doesn't.

If 2, then its a classic example of "I don't want to play paladin, but my vision of what paladin should be like". Like, I think that paladin should be best melee dps OR tank equal to warrior OR mechanically complex class and THEN I would love to play it, but it ISN'T so I will cry for Blizzard to change it.

If 3, well... I just don't think you should be concerned about what other people want to play. If you are a rogue and 50% of server is also rogue, don't try to encourage others to swap, because they likely picked rogue for similar reasons to you. Swap yourself.

Such discussion used to be completely outdated, because Blizzard completely destroyed class identity with their "bring the player not the class" philosophy, but with the Classis announcement it resurfaces. WoW will be RPG AGAIN. In RPG classics sometimes your role is just to buff the party, and that's normal. Sometimes your role is to jsut decurse people, and its normal. Somebodys role will be to do insane dps, and somebodys to be tank. That's normal. You decided what your role will be when you picked your class. And you get to play the class as it is, not as you vision it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

I paid for my wow sub in vanilla when I was a kid with a 30$ monthly allowance from my parents. Today me and the great majority of the community are probably employed and even more willing to pay for services provided. Do you honestly and truly believe people play on private vanilla realms because its #FREE?

Get a grip on reality, classic-hater.
    Yes, I believe that if it was pay to play, many wouldn't play at all. We'll see when classic servers finally come up. Because there's no way in hell they'd release classic for free. Get ready to pay a subscription fee for that nostalgia trip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashkiman View Post
    And for free
    If you don't have 15 bucks a month in 2017 but you have a computer with broadband internet I don't know what the fuck to tell you.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Actually this would be the "purest" form of vanilla. So yes?
    I dunno.

Personally what I'd like is for every class to be reset to MoP talents\skills and abilities and for the raids and areas from Vanilla to BfA released in order over the next decade or so without a single class change that would be lovely. (scaled to allow the full trees\skills so you start as a level 1 but with all the level 90 skills and talents)
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

No, we don't.

And if you ask me, I want MORE graphic updates, new models, new animations, new content...

Your opinion is not people's opinion, learn it already.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    I am quite sure majority people have misguided nostalgia. Too bad when reality kicks them it will kick them hard. I rather expect that "classic servers" stay to the name of being the FEELING OF OLD but with tweaks and whatnot. That I would gladly play.

well its not nostalgia when you think that the game was just straight up better than now from TBC up to MoP.. i wouldnt play fucking wod or legion again, but anything prior to that i'd gladly play

and the game in wrath, for example, was completely different compared to now.. and it was completely different compared to vanilla aswell

What... Where the hell did you see people wanting anything Cata+?!... People hate Cata. People despise MoP and WoD. Legion is.. well... current, but considering all the previous xpacs, I doubt it'd enjoy much love later on either.