Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    So what would be fun about this? Well, you could pretty much cheat/play the game Is Hunters gonna be OP in 1.3? Well make a hunter. Know that they will get nerfed to the ground in 1.6? Well you can actually make another character in advance for that. You will be able to look into the future of the game, play around the patches and create the best experience possible for yourself.
    Hah! I never thought of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasombria View Post
    Yes, you are. In the most extreme case, grave robbing is a crime even though the person really truly isn't using their body anymore. The same principle applies to both real (that's "real" as in "real estate" and such, referring to tangible physical goods) and intellectual property. Right here on my hard drives are copies of my own and friends' roleplaying games, novels, and musical albums; I created the ones I wrote, of course, and the others were shared with me by their creators. Lots of this stuff is out of print, and some can't easily come back into print because of various sorts of rights problems. You'd still be committing a crime if you hacked in and lifted the stuff.
    Graves are property of whomever bought them, usually relatives of the deceased. So.. no.

Also dumb analogy.

Blizzard loses nothing if I play WOTLK on some private server. I wouldn't play Retail if I were available. If someone doesn't lose anything then it's not theft.

Quote Originally Posted by Rupenbritz View Post
    Seriously need mods to close all threads like these, 90% of the threads are about this and they're just wrong.

No the nostalgia isn't misguided, private servers show this.
    This please.

If you can't be constructive, leave us to our "misguided nostalgia" and piss off. These people are insufferable.

10+ Year Old Account
    i only want vanilla
    no expansions
    burning crusade never changed at all beside flying levels so you can literally log into current wow and play 2007-2009 version of burning crusade
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

How many private servers were actually completely faithfull to actual classic? Just curious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    i only want vanilla
    no expansions
    burning crusade never changed at all beside flying levels so you can literally log into current wow and play 2007-2009 version of burning crusade
    The classes obviously changed, don't be silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rupenbritz View Post
    Seriously need mods to close all threads like these, 90% of the threads are about this and they're just wrong.

No the nostalgia isn't misguided, private servers show this.
    All private servers show us is that people would play vanilla for free instead of play nothing. People need to stop inferring that they play it because they like it. Also, it is 10s of thousands not 100s of thousands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    i only want vanilla
    no expansions
    Yeah, it's literally the same. Or then you never played during tbc and got no idea

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Some, but people are obviously going to argue about that. WoW has moved closer and closer to a mechanically sound game and farther and farther away from an immersive fantasy in every expansion and patch, and where on the spectrum people want to be is going to vary wildly. Some might want it to go to WotLK, but others will probably want just Classic WoW, and others will want Cataclysm, MoP, etc.

I wonder if the Classic Cult have tried DnD or another pen-and-paper RPG.
    I think the survey has a hint of the best compromise.

Classic Server
    TBC Server
    WotLK Server
    Cata Server
    etc, etc

Ability to copy a character from one to the next maintains each in its bubble while still offering the expansion progressions. It also interestingly, to some extent, preserves WoW at its various points in its history and in gaming's history.

Only Vanilla/Classic servers and that's IT!!! NO tbc, no wrath, no disgusting cata, no panda joke, no even more disgusting WoD. WoW as it was period. Maybe updated graphics but thats about it!!!