Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account

Feral or guardian better for world quests?

I'm going to level a 100 druid to 110 and use it solely for order hall stuff and world quests, which spec is better for that? Also, which one is faster to level with?
    For the [enter opposing faction here]

10+ Year Old Account
    I am Guardian at heart so my opinion is definitely biased. I do play both specs though, and I find Guardian to be quite strong in terms of zero downtime and ability to multi-pull and deal monstrous amounts of AoE without dying, soloing is also a forte.

Feral does bring faster movement speed (which becomes pretty irrelevant outside of caves due to account wide flying, but is quite useful in Argus) and higher damage output, but is also limited to smaller pulls and is not able to solo powerful elites with lower gear ilvls.

So, Guardian tends to kill things slower, but can pull larger amounts of mobs at once (moonfire is great for this) and burn them very quickly, Feral moves faster and single target and 2-3 cleave is very strong, but squishier overall.

I'm also bear main but I did spend a lot of time doing WQs as feral when I was trying to unlock the alt owlcats skins. Though cat does kill things faster I had to be more careful about things so overall it was slower. As a bear I can just lol through everything and not have to worry. Of course this also sort of depends on gear level. As a raiding bear there are very few things in the world that are even any sort of a threat to me, so a lower gear level bear might not find it so easy.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest I think it's tight, I've been playing Feral and Guardian a lot lately, just swapping between them, while feral can kill things much faster, You can also get dazed,(which after being guardian exclusively until recently, I forgot was in the game) And while you can run faster between mobs, You're also limited to smaller pulls, So I think it evens itself out in terms of speed, But for me, It's Guardian on top simply because of the dazed thing

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh, Resto with Feral Affinity. Not even joking. The damage of a 5 cp Ferocious bite on my Resto druid in Cat form is 3x that of a Feral Druids. Seriously check it out in the tooltips. Resto Feral is nuts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Tbh, Resto with Feral Affinity. Not even joking. The damage of a 5 cp Ferocious bite on my Resto druid in Cat form is 3x that of a Feral Druids. Seriously check it out in the tooltips. Resto Feral is nuts.
    It's pretty good, but still not faster than guardian.

15+ Year Old Account
    Guardian seems a little faster to me. I switched to doing them as Guardian a few months ago and haven't looked back.

I prefer balance for world quests. I'm pretty high ilvl (941), but once I got up past 925-930 or so things just melt, and resto affinity is usually sufficient to sustain. The AOE capability is superior to bear, though obviously you're squishier. Also dots are great for tagging and running...just moonfire/sunfire all the things.

However, I would put what I call moonbear spec as a close second. If you can get the balance legendary lady and the child, along with fury of nature in guardian spec, your sustain is insane on anything AOE, practically invincible solo. It's also incredibly strong on M+, especially teeming weeks. Lot of extra self healing. You should also take galactic guardian talent to make moonfire even stronger. Moonfire usually does around 50% of my damage with this setup in M+, kind of hilarious.

Resto with Feral affinity. Chato ring and LatC as legos.

Is basically Guardian but with more aoe burst and ST

whichever spec you're going to put your AP into, respecing for artifact power is horrible.

Guardian for undergeared or slow grind, any other spec when geared or going to use group finder. Guardian can slowly kill any antoran elite world quest, resto can do the same faster but more effort, feral and balance have to pay attention to how do a lot of them carefully without group finder.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurin View Post
    I'm going to level a 100 druid to 110 and use it solely for order hall stuff and world quests, which spec is better for that? Also, which one is faster to level with?
    Guardian for tanking role when doing dungeons (for at least order hall), survivability during WQs when pulling everything, etc.

It really depends on which legendaries you have.

I see a lot of guardians saying you can aoe better. I think you all forget that brutal slash is so op. You can pull whatever you want and it all dies in 3 gcds as feral.

Also with the state of AK, you can easily get both to 52 and do it all. I'm resto but I have 52 points into the other two and I think feral is vastly quicker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    they took out chill of the throne, if you havent looked. Youre going to do 30% less than youre used to.

What people are saying about "not being able to pull everything" becomes kinda untrue at like..... 900ish Ilvl? Which is usually obtained within the first day of being 110 with tokens and whatnot. You can pull 20+ mobs and 3 BS + Thrash and they're all basically dead.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mingarrubia View Post
    It really depends on which legendaries you have.
    I'm going to use it for world quests and order hall and that's it. So most likely no important legendaries ever.

But yeah, thanks all, I'm going Guardian
    For the [enter opposing faction here]

Seems like the OP's made his decision already, but I figured I'd throw my opinion out there
    Go Guardian or go home. Feral and balance are able to kill individual mobs faster, sure, but they wind up having downtime or struggling with multiple mobs at once.
    Guardian can just pull an entire pack of 20-30 mobs and swipe/thrash them all down without breaking a sweat, especially with Rage of the Sleeper's 25% leech (with embrace of nightmare's upgrade) and 200-400k damage reflect.

For me Feral is faster. More efficient to BS down 3-5 mobs instantly than try and gather up 20 for bear aoe to be worth.

I'm going to use it for world quests and order hall and that's it. So most likely no important legendaries ever.

But yeah, thanks all, I'm going Guardian
    Don't forget balance affinity for the larger range on your swipes and thrashes. Especially good if you have a bunch of casters, you can place yourself in the middle of them and still hit them all.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

If you go for a dps oriented build and don't use survivability trinkets and stam trinkets like a lot of dumb tanks then Guardian would be way better. you can pull endless mobs and cleave them down with ease. Basically unless it's progression you want to stack as much dps as you can so do that as bear and enjoy the slaughter.
    Ltachilles
    <Forgotten Guardians>
    Area-52

With high iLvL Feral with Balance affinity+Brutal Swipe talents, legendaries Luffas(bracers)+Ekowraith(chest). 38m AoE Trashs are priceless for agro and Brutal Swipes for 2-3 GCD killing. Only a bit survival "troubles" on some argus elites (if making them alone), but if you play feral well and use all bursts+saves per elite this isn't a problem too.