People ignore what mods will bring to classic wow

This is the second place I am posting this but I think this shouldn't be ignored in the discussion I am in the group that I am happy for small changes to the game. But I think something people are missing from both sides is a lot of the QOL stuff they ask for you can already do with mods and that is whether they keep the api the same or update it to current wow api. You will end up with a lot of this stuff in general.
    Here is a few screen shots what is possible right now with mods in a vanilla client I will not mention where this came from.But this should work to show mod capability off. I highly doubt they will ever let the model thing fly but I wanted to see what all I could do it took me about 2 hours find all this stuff and set it up.

https://imgur.com/a/G6ulA

Now aside from the model mod because there is no way blizz will let that kind of thing fly.That was there more to just to show things off if they had the current models. A lot of the functions I have seen people talking about can already be done in the old vanilla modding api and in legion api but things like auto looting a quest helper. Or even a premade dungeon finder that I found that works almost exactly like the current premade group finder.That stuff isn't needed in current wow so no one is going to make a mod to do that.But in classic there will be you can already see people on these forums that want this stuff added to the game.

All of that can be done in there and that is based off the old vanilla api. While it is highly unlikely blizz will implement much of this.A lot of it will end up as part of the game anyways. This is what was done with very little mod support. But just with classic existing it will change the modding scene. Some people will play with not a single mod but they will exist they will be affecting the game in very different ways from the original and it doesn't matter what version of the game they release because mods not existing seems incredible unlikely. The api is not as different from vanilla wow to live as you would think mods have been back ported and they are even more certain to be back ported in classic and for new ones to pop up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phyon View Post
    This is the second place I am posting this but I think this shouldn't be ignored in the discussion I am in the group that I am happy for small changes to the game. But I think something people are missing from both sides is a lot of the QOL stuff they ask for you can already do with mods and that is whether they keep the api the same or update it to current wow api. You will end up with a lot of this stuff in general.
    Here is a few screen shots what is possible right now with mods in a vanilla client I will not mention where this came from.But this should work to show mod capability off. I highly doubt they will ever let the model thing fly but I wanted to see what all I could do it took me about 2 hours find all this stuff and set it up.

https://imgur.com/a/G6ulA

Now aside from the model mod because there is no way blizz will let that kind of thing fly.That was there more to just to show things off if they had the current models. A lot of the functions I have seen people talking about can already be done in the old vanilla modding api and in legion api but things like auto looting a quest helper. Or even a premade dungeon finder that I found that works almost exactly like the current premade group finder.That stuff isn't needed in current wow so no one is going to make a mod to do that.But in classic there will be you can already see people on these forums that want this stuff added to the game.

All of that can be done in there and that is based off the old vanilla api. While it is highly unlikely blizz will implement much of this.A lot of it will end up as part of the game anyways. This is what was done with very little mod support. But just with classic existing it will change the modding scene. Some people will play with not a single mod but they will exist they will be affecting the game in very different ways from the original and it doesn't matter what version of the game they release because mods not existing seems incredible unlikely. The api is not as different from vanilla wow to live as you would think mods have been back ported and they are even more certain to be back ported in classic and for new ones to pop up.
    The retail API is very different, and will be in place on classic realms. The old API allowed for massive cheating and had so many loopholes its not even funny. So yeah, dont expect old addons to work on classic.

Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    The retail API is very different, and will be in place on classic realms. The old API allowed for massive cheating and had so many loopholes its not even funny. So yeah, dont expect old addons to work on classic.
    his point still stands though. if any of the current QoL features can be recreated via add-ons then they might as well be implemented officially.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Ray III View Post
    his point still stands though. if any of the current QoL features can be recreated via add-ons then they might as well be implemented officially.
    Pretty much although I am not sure about forcing them on people whether you rage against it or not a lot of changes will be coming along with classic. Whether blizz changes a single thing or not people have gotten used to this stuff and it is already been integrated into the community. Also to those who really want all these QoL changes in there will be options for them. Which is why I brought this up.

@VileGenesis you touch on just how complicated it will be for them. But it really isn't as bad as you think You can look at all the changes they have made to their api here http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/API_change_summaries While in all expansions they have added a lot since the beginning and removed/changed some the biggest ones that got changed from the end of vanilla to tbc with the protected functions. All the type of mods I talked about will work just fine even if they need to be recodded which they would.It's more about them existing. You can search them up if you put in 2.0.1 a lot of big things happened but overall we got more then we lost. But it was actually about 4-5 major functions that stopped the big automation mods which started when they implemented protected functions. Things like the almost bots that could auto heal for you choose different spells ect for you off of one button

We actually have it better today then back then aside from breaking some of the really broken older mods like that. Today we have robust library's to work with like things like ace3. Back then we started to see it with ace2 or even further back to when the original ace was being implemented. You can see this if you go find a old mods and go through it's history. Like postal or atlas since they existed back then take a look at a end of vanilla version of it to when they switched to ace2 going into bc and finally into ace3 of today which both of those mods use to this day. It's not just the functionality changes that were added that changed how mods. People started getting their hands on these robust library's like ace that made it much easier to make the mods.
    That quest mod and ui in the screenshots were both made using ace2 which mods in vanilla wow never even had the chance to use.Not because they couldn't but because it didn't exist and the original was still getting implemented as wow progressed.

But lets step back some in either case blizzard has it's own work cut out if they just brought in the current api how their own ui system would work.While they never have had to worry about protected functions or any of that nonsense they have done some of their own ui overhauls who knows how well it would break or what changes would happen just being dumped into the current environment.

Yep that's why no matter how some kick and scream about LFG (Not LFD/LFR) it will be in Classic. Ether blizzard does it or a addon maker does it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Many 'quality of life' features that were added in later expansions were available via mods in vanilla.