Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantais View Post
    Straight up question. I have had bad luck with guilds, as most of them does not speak english but rather german, french, russian or whatever, and the few english speaking guilds I have found have been with players who didn't really want to play the game but rather just use the guild chat.

So my question is, is hunter the best class for solo players?
    As mentioned by other posters, DH and DK tanks are the best at soloing content since they heal so much, although a Hunter should easily outdps a tank.

So if you care about speed, I'd say Hunter might be the best at soloing World Content. Hunters also have some very useful QoL abilities to get around in solo, and if you have the right legendaries you can self-heal for over 200k per second, which is no joke. Feign Death is incredibly useful to skip shit. I can't tell you how many times I've used Feign Death to grab a chest on Argus or simply to leave combat instantly and mount up. Stuck in combat? Who cares just Feign Death. Or send your pet to distract the mobs while you click the chest or the quest item or whatever. Want to kill mobs fast? Just use Misdirect on your pet and pull everything. Hunters are very fast at skipping or clearing World Content.
    Last edited by Khallid; 2017-11-18 at 06:40 AM.

I agree that tanks can solo the hardest content, but for lower-end stuff, aren’t they going to be fairly slow in terms of kill speed? For example, take the rares on Argus, which can be a challenge to solo at lower ilvl. For a Hunter, they are a joke, and you can put out some decent DPS while your pet tanks. My Bear Druid can easily solo them as well, but it takes like 3x longer.

So unless you’re pushing for soloing Legion raid content or whatnot, I’d still put Hunters near the top of the solo rankings.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jaimelannister View Post
    I agree that tanks can solo the hardest content, but for lower-end stuff, aren’t they going to be fairly slow in terms of kill speed? For example, take the rares on Argus, which can be a challenge to solo at lower ilvl. For a Hunter, they are a joke, and you can put out some decent DPS while your pet tanks. My Bear Druid can easily solo them as well, but it takes like 3x longer.

So unless you’re pushing for soloing Legion raid content or whatnot, I’d still put Hunters near the top of the solo rankings.
    Scorpyron might be possible. World Bosses definitely are possible, did Nithrogg solo just yesterday and it wasn't even close to a challenge. Ursoc on normal might also be possible - will try.

Idk, i'm a returning player and pretty clueless in Legion, but I find hunt being not nearly as good for solo as before, with 90% of all the self heals removed.

Deleted
    While DK and DH are gods when it comes to soloing raids, if you're going for casual play, there are better options. As someone who leveled all classes to 110, pet classes are also not the best option, especially once you hit legion zones. They take a lot of damage and tend to die. Essentially they are unreliable. Sure, you can pull one mob at a time, but what's the point, might as well play shadow then.

Out of all classes (specs), two that stood out as absolute leaders were brewmaster and arms. Monk being the stable not gonna die option, rarely even breaking a sweat, while having very competitive kill times, and arms being the crazy get in there and smash some faces one. It's a bit riskier, but everything melts and you constantly getting healed by victory rush. And bladestorm being the "I might of pulled too much and everything needs to die NOW!" button.

Apart from that, frost DK was nice and chill (sorry), where you never felt any difference in time it took to kill 1 or 10 enemies and rogue was fun because enemies melted in 2 hits.

Can't say I enjoyed leveling other classes, but might of been down to my strange choices of specs, but I assume any tank spec will have an easy time.
    Last edited by mmoc485edc1e5f; 2017-11-20 at 04:12 AM.

A hunter with the pet ring is almost unstoppable i have found

Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    While DK and DH are gods when it comes to soloing raids, if you're going for casual play, there are better options. As someone who leveled all classes to 110, pet classes are also not the best option, especially once you hit legion zones. They take a lot of damage and tend to die. Essentially they are unreliable. Sure, you can pull one mob at a time, but what's the point, might as well play shadow then.
    You must be joking. Hunter pets don't die to world content, not even quests "suggested for 5 players". Use the freaking tank spec and heal them. Mend pet is so OP because it's an instant cast that doesn't spend any resource, so the dps loss from casting it is fairly small. While leveling you can pull groups of 4 to 6 mobs at a time. And even if you have a hard fight you can heal up to full pretty quickly, without stopping to cast even. At max level with strong gear you can pull 10 to 15 mobs. Pets have a hard time against groups of elite enemies, but you don't fight elites while leveling up anyway, and other dps classes often get stomped by elites.
    Last edited by Khallid; 2017-11-20 at 03:51 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well starting fresh.. dh starts at 98 orso big headstart!
    But i preffer Blood DK for solo play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    You must be joking. Hunter pets don't die to world content, not even quests "suggested for 5 players". Use the freaking tank spec and heal them. Mend pet is so OP because it's an instant cast that doesn't spend any resource, so the dps loss from casting it is fairly small. While leveling you can pull groups of 4 to 6 mobs at a time. And even if you have a hard fight you can heal up to full pretty quickly, without stopping to cast even. At max level with strong gear you can pull 10 to 15 mobs. Pets have a hard time against groups of elite enemies, but you don't fight elites while leveling up anyway, and other dps classes often get stomped by elites.
    Thought the very same. If you combine the Roots of Shalalala and the Apex Predator and have some decent gear on you, you can do everything that does not have any Killer Mechanics. Aspect of the Beast reduces dmg for 30% for the pet and you can even stack it up for 8 seconds to 65% using misdirect on your pet. That is almost as much dmg avoidance as a Brewmaster. And it doesn't stop there: If you use one of the "real" tanking pets you can even use and stack their shell ability for even more avoidance. Come next week I'll try a big invasion point boss in the later hours (hoping I'll catch it alone).

Last edited by mmoc157396e4a1; 2017-11-21 at 02:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Erondur View Post
    Thought the very same. If you combine the Roots of Shalalala and the Apex Predator and have some decent gear on you, you can do everything that does not have any Killer Mechanics. Aspect of the Beast reduces dmg for 30% for the pet and you can even stack it up for 8 seconds to 65% using misdirect on your pet. That is almost as much dmg avoidance as a Brewmaster. And it doesn't stop there: If you use one of the "real" tanking pets you can even use and stack their shell ability for even more avoidance. Come next week I'll try a big invasion point boss in the later hours (hoping I'll catch it alone).
    I regularly solo some World Bosses and Mythic dungeons, but Greater Invasion bosses are actually too strong for a Hunter pet, it dies in two melee hits or so (I've tried it). They hit like ToS bosses without the wiping raid mechanics. My healing just can't keep up with that.
    Last edited by Khallid; 2017-11-21 at 06:31 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    If we count out the tank specs.. Affliction Warlock. It's like, pretty much impossible to die... My hunter(BM) feels super weak in comparison to my Affli lock and then it even got way better gear than my lock. This could be a gear thing, don't remember, but I also feel like with the right talents my retribution pala can take on anything without dying and kill it off quickly. I'm ok geared on that one tho, 930ilvl.

If we are talking about soloing hardest possible content, then DH would be best, followed closely by DK. Their tank specs rely on self heals, and so are prone to abuse if you overgear your content a little. Among damage dealers, Affliction Warlock would likely be the absolute king of solo. Although still very decent overall, BM hunter is not even in the same league. Especially when it comes to encounters where some damage is unavoidable for everyone involved (not just a pet). A hunter is able to kill individual mobs faster than an Affli lock due to much stronger burst. But warlock is almost immortal and is leagues ahead when chain pulling multiple mobs and/or elites. Slap on a permanent corruption talent and the slow effect legendary and all you do is run around non stop, wasting only 2 globals (corruption and agony) on an average 5-10mil HP mob. Older content mobs (below 2mil HP) die in seconds from corruption alone.