Deleted

Food of Future (Soylent, Huel and etc)

Hi guyz im want to try it out, because im lazy and hate cooking. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soylen...l_replacement)
    But soylent is just an example, because im from EU and here is no Soylent but other good marks like Huel and etc.

So my question - what do you guys think of it? Im going to eat it only once pro day, not going to replace 100% of my food. But anyway i think its much healthier than what i eat now (frozen foods anmd fast foods).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasek View Post
    Hi guyz im want to try it out, because im lazy and hate cooking. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soylen...l_replacement)
    Just stay away from the green one.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean it's certainly functional. I tried some Jimmy Joy's (formerly Joylent I believe), and while their marketing and presentation is pure shit in my opinion, the product's pretty good. Tried one bag of each flavor (except strawberry), and vanilla and chocolate both taste awful. Truly horrendous. The banana one is good and the mango one is okay. I heard from a friend that Huel is supposed to be better but I don't know.

I did the same as you with just replacing one meal but for me it was breakfast. It's reasonably filling, but I think their serving sizes are too large for breakfast. I did 100g/500 mL instead of their recommended 175g/500 mL. It seemed much better to me, and I didn't get hungry too long before lunch anyway. The cup that you get is good. It's dishwasher safe, and it has a small metal ball-spring to grind up some of the powder. It also takes maybe 5 minutes to make.
    Last edited by OnlineSamantha; 2017-11-16 at 09:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

They keep recalling their products. Maybe they have it sorted out now?

https://arstechnica.com/science/2017...ee-1-8-powder/

Last recall was in April looks like.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    They keep recalling their products. Maybe they have it sorted out now?

https://arstechnica.com/science/2017...ee-1-8-powder/

Last recall was in April looks like.
    Soylent has always had problems. I remember the documentary that was made in the early days accidently caught a rat going across the warehouse floor they made the product in. Disgusting. Still, I haven't heard any such controversies from any of the alternatives. It seems like more of a company problem than an industry one.
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Deleted

It's a single-celled protein combined with synthetic aminos, vitamins and minerals. Everything the body needs.

I'll stick to delicious meat, bread, dairy products, baked goods, vegetables, fruit... Yup.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vomlix View Post
    I mean it's certainly functional. I tried some Jimmy Joy's (formerly Joylent I believe), and while their marketing and presentation is pure shit in my opinion, the product's pretty good. Tried one bag of each flavor (except strawberry), and vanilla and chocolate both taste awful. Truly horrendous. The banana one is good and the mango one is okay. I heard from a friend that Huel is supposed to be better but I don't know.

I did the same as you with just replacing one meal but for me it was breakfast. It's reasonably filling, but I think their serving sizes are too large for breakfast. I did 100g/500 mL instead of their recommended 175g/500 mL. It seemed much better to me, and I didn't get hungry too long before lunch anyway. The cup that you get is good. It's dishwasher safe, and it has a small metal ball-spring to grind up some of the powder. It also takes maybe 5 minutes to make.
    But 175g/500ml is like ...500ckal? So if i reduce it to 100g/500ml it will be like 300ckal, isnt it too low for a dinner? I need about 1800ckal pro day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasek View Post
    But 175g/500ml is like ...500ckal? So if i reduce it to 100g/500ml it will be like 300ckal, isnt it too low for a dinner? I need about 1800ckal pro day.
    According to Jimmy Joy's product label, 175g is 700 kcal IIRC. So I went with 100g to reduce it to 400 kcal. You have to remember that I was eating this for breakfast not dinner. It would be too little to eat for dinner, yes. It's something you figure out quite quickly though, in my experience. And it's super fast to make more if you're still hungry. But I would definitely start higher for dinner.

Steak and wine for the ruling class,
    Soylent for the plebes