10+ Year Old Account

Choosing class...

I want to try the game and wanted to play dps, something does well without much effort, I don't have much time to learn complex rotation and just want to have fun while being sought after for pve and do well solo. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    I want to try the game and wanted to play dps, something does well without much effort, I don't have much time to learn complex rotation and just want to have fun while being sought after for pve and do well solo. Any suggestions?
    If you prefer ranged class my suggestion is:
    Trooper - Commando adv class for Republic - Gunnery spec
    Bounty Hunter - Mercenary adv class for Empire side - Arsenal spec

Both of those classes are the same but have different animations depending on which side you play on. They are mirrors of each other.

So for either of them, rotation is very easy and is one of the easier ones to play. It has a couple off heals and some really nice cool downs for more DPS and defense.

The do extremely well in all PVE as most ranged classes do as well as very good at solo content. Plus, if you ever wanted you can change specs (NOT adv class) and go full time heals should you ever want to. It's a DPS/Healer class using a big assault cannon. (The empire version uses two hand blasters). This is a fun and easy class to play for me on either side.

If you prefer a Melee class my suggestion is:
    Consular - shadow adv class for the Republic side - Infiltration spec.
    Inquisitor - Assassin adv class for Empire side - Deception spec.

Both of those classes are the same but have different animations depending on which side you play on. They are mirrors of each other.

This is a stealth class and can skip many things with stealth but it's melee and doesn't have the best armor so you would want to level up your companion a bit and set them to heals but they do have a nice defensive cooldown and a utility that can make force speed reduce your damage by 60%.

Pretty easy rotation and does good DPS, stealth is great at times. It can also be a tank class later if you want to do that by changing specs (cannot change adv class ever). Another fun class for me thats easy to learn. (tanking is a bit harder for this class to learn but does well once you learn it)
    Last edited by quras; 2017-11-16 at 05:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for suggestion. I don't have a preference when it comes to melee vs range, just wanted something simple and easy for solo content because I don't know how much I will be playing and if I will be doing group content (possibly).

I’m enjoying marauder. Which leap had a lower cooldown, but it’s fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakain View Post
    I’m enjoying marauder. Which leap had a lower cooldown, but it’s fun.
    If you really like Marauder because of the leap, play Juggernaut. There's a talent you can pick once you hit like ~42 that resets the cooldown of saber throw and force charge/leap when you exit combat so there's absolutely ZERO downtime between pulls.

Deleted
    Personally my favorite melee dps class is Guardian/Juggernaut, Vigilance spec (can't remember now what the imp version was called). Double roles also mean double usefulness without having to roll a new character for each role, in case you want to try out a tank.

Like with most hybrids, its theoretical optimal dps output may be surpassed by some pure dps classes, but in skilled hands the Guardian dps is extremely powerful. Its rotation is relatively simple, and it's quite easy to swap between tank and dps specs, because their playing style is not drastically different. In addition to wearing heavy armor, Guardian also possesses very strong defensive cooldowns (such as the iconic saber reflect) and has two different Force leaps (one to charge at an enemy, other to leap to and protect an ally) to ease movement; it also has several utilities that cause certain abilities to improve movement and remove snares. And one utility point can turn the Guardian's aoe taunt into an aoe absorbtion shield that protects allies, and another causes Force leap to grant knockback/snare/stun immunity for a few seconds, which has turned out to be very useful on several occasions. Some bosses have mechanics that override it (like those bastards in Umbara fp), but luckily there aren't too many of those. You also have two saber throws, the normal one and an execute ability; both have a 30-meter range, and the latter can be set to activate from Force leap. And there's also the classic Force push that can send even strong enemies over cliffs to their deaths (or can help the tank at stacking up the mobs for aoe); extremely useful in fights like Rishi last boss. It also finishes the cooldown on Force leap.

All in all, if you want to play a strong class that feels like the true, classic Jedi or Sith -- the lighsaber-wielding champion who reflects blaster bolts, leaps to his enemies and can throw his lightsaber at foes far away -- then Guardian/Juggernaut is the way to go. In my opinion the only thing a Guardian dps lacks is a proper dps cooldown, but that's not a big issue.