Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    the only thing im sure they shouldnt do is listen to forum trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by getupkid55 View Post
    Why would they do otherwise?

Because there are idiots on the MMO-Champ forums asking them to put in features from retail, for some stupid unknown reason?
    There are idiots on the official forums, private server forums, in game, IRL, you name it asking for retail features in Classic. Subbed players and MMO-champ are not the only ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    You need to face the facts. WoW has the lowest number of subs they've ever had in their history of the game. They know massive amounts of fans play of private servers as proved by the signature petition that came out. No surprise that WoW classic was announced shortly after that.

Blizzard is not making wow classic to for the fools who have payed for a shitty game for 13 years. But the ones they had when they were at their peak. They want these fans back. Retailers have already proven they will pay for anything.
    I bet the month of Nov 2004 had a lower total number. I would say the same for the first few months as well. Peak was 3.3-4.0. They are making classic servers, not WotLK servers.

Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    All those threads where vanilla players feel superior.

The vanilla servers will be toxic shit, i'm 99% sure about that. The problem of the community is not the state of the game, it's shitheads like you OP.
    Seriously. One of the biggest reasons I'll stay away from Classic servers is because of the inevitable circle-jerks about non-Classic being the worst thing ever. I want no part of such a community.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Seriously. One of the biggest reasons I'll stay away from Classic servers is because of the inevitable circle-jerks about non-Classic being the worst thing ever. I want no part of such a community.
    k

Keep us posted.

Quote Originally Posted by loadedaxe View Post
    If there wasn't a need, Blizz wouldn't be doing it Dimwit. The game has gone downhill. They arent revealing sub numbers anymore for a reason.
    There is no need. There is some demand. However, those people are only playing for free. There is no guarantee there will be any demand if they have to pay. Going down hill is just an opinion. I think it has only gone up, with a bit of a left turn in WoD. Before you go all, but SirBeef, the subs have dropped, MMO-Champ has taught me that being popular does not mean it is any good, and in most cases it just appeals to the masses. Subs declining does not mean the game has gotten worse. Likewise, my opinion of WoW getting better does not mean it has. Good or bad is subjective left to teh interpretation of the individual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't listen to your paying customers.... Like they've been doing for years?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiedzemir View Post
    Bugs were there but they were not as numerous as you seem to believe. The game was playable and fun. Though, I don't think people asking for the original version, asking for bugs specifically.

And that was amazing!

And that was great too! The time when PvP and PvE were inseparable, one and the same!

The entire team of... 10? WSG? I doubt it could work even there. But regardless, it could only happen due to incredible incompetence of the opposing team. Also, have you ever seen an entire WSG team that consisted only of mages?

I played it. I'm not sure I'd want to do it again though, always liked 1.7 better but if I'd have to choose between 1.0 and 1.12 for example, I'd choose the former as 1.12 was already pre-TBC patch basically that started to push the game into the direction I personally never really appreciated.

Except it was the first raid that started to break the initial gearing-for-the-raid philosophy as you had no need for resistances at all anymore. It was one of the first signs of the direction the game has taken in its design. It seems like many liked that direction, and I can see why, but in my opinion the new raid design philosophy wasn't as fun as it started to remove the preparation phase where you needed a very specific gear.
    You still needed a ton of frost res for Sapphiron. Are you sure you didn't see Naxx for the first time in WotLK when you did not need FR? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    The game was absolute shit day1. Besides the bugs, you had no reduced CC duration on players, and no pvp trinkets. Even later, people won BGs by being 10 mages polymorphing the entire opposing team.

I'm convinced 99% of the people who want day1 didn't play day1. Og even day30. It's just a way to backtrack and catch all the stuff they missed so they can pretend they played on day1 when comparing epenis sizes.

Naxx was a nice point balance wise, and definitely the highlight of my entire vanilla experience.
    No team won BGs using 10 mages and polymorph... Especially since DRs was a thing... Interrupts were a thing.. Druids were the best flag runners and couldn't be polymorphed... There's just no way a team could do that unless the other team was afk.

Naxx patch wasn't balanced... Nothing in classic was balanced.

I don't care what you're convinced of. I don't care to prove other people's experience. Nor do I care to convince anyone of the proper implementation of classic. They'll do what they want. Just pointing out the majority of the people I've spoken to wants classic from start to finish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

I just hope that Blizzard shits all over Classic and changes everything about it just because of these ignorant elitist pricks here...
    Last edited by AmboWambo; 2017-12-11 at 08:36 PM. Reason: typo

To be completely honest, the best games are the ones where they dont listen to ANY "fans". IMO, once they start trying to keep people happy, they are doomed to fail. they would be better off releasing what they want to do, what they think is best, and it will either succeed or fail on its own merit.

I would argue that in the greatest period of gaming, when the absolute best, "classic" games were released, they didn't have beta, they didn't have the internet, they didn't have any direct line of communication to their players, they simply produced what they believed to be a really good product, and people flocked to it and enjoyed it.

Yes, i realize "times have changed", but many players seem unhappy with the direction of some games. Many say 'oh its because they didn't listen', but my opinion is that its because they DID listen. Often, the loudest voice is not the one that speaks for the majority. An example of this is this very forum. The few people who do come on and say 'i trust blizzard, im sure they will produce a great product' are drowned out by the VERY vocal few people who spend an awful lot of time on this forum.

Obviously, this forum is pretty much dead now, after the initial buzz has gone, which has happened VERY quickly, it has moved on to a tiny, TINY group of 'players', some or many of whom dont even play the current version of wow.

It has devolved into some wierd competition where "obviously you didnt play in vanilla" is the go to 'insult' used in almost every thread. There is a huge amount of dick waving and ego involved, all over a game thats over a decade old.

tl;dr - dont listen to ANY of us, just produce the best product possible, and let it stand on its own 2 feet. it worked 13 years ago, it should work again now.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    You still needed a ton of frost res for Sapphiron. Are you sure you didn't see Naxx for the first time in WotLK when you did not need FR? :P
    I think I can remember using a bit of shadow resi on Loatheb. Not too sure about that, though.

Because people who don't pay for shit are the people to target for a small nod to nostalgia that isn't going anywhere longterm? No, you want the people who'll pay, tautologically.

Someone else is mistaking this for a parallel offering to stand beside retail moving forward. Call the delusion police!

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    No team won BGs using 10 mages and polymorph... Especially since DRs was a thing... Interrupts were a thing.. Druids were the best flag runners and couldn't be polymorphed... There's just no way a team could do that unless the other team was afk.

Naxx patch wasn't balanced... Nothing in classic was balanced.

I don't care what you're convinced of. I don't care to prove other people's experience. Nor do I care to convince anyone of the proper implementation of classic. They'll do what they want. Just pointing out the majority of the people I've spoken to wants classic from start to finish.
    DRs were added later. No such thing on release.

Naxx was balanced enough for me.

If you didn't care and don't want to convince people, why are you so busy talking about what everybody else wants and not what you want?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sethus View Post
    I have a better title: "Why Blizzard shouldn't listen to private server parasites".
    Actually, that is a very good title.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Mushkins View Post
    Why Blizzard shouldn't listen to people with an active subscription when it comes to Classic Servers.

Because those people are not supposed to play on Classic Servers. The plan is to bring people that quit back to play Classic and probably try to move them to play BfA or whatever expansion is current at the time.
    That's asinine. They want everyone to play the game, regardless of where they play it. Classic isn't going to be free, so they're getting money regardless of if you're playing "current" or "classic". Yes, I agree with you on the point that they would like older players to come back to play it, but what they really want is more people to retain active subscriptions.

Some people like cookies and cream. Some people like vanilla. I very much doubt Blizzard cares which one you eat, so long as you're buying the icecream.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    To be completely honest, the best games are the ones where they dont listen to ANY "fans". IMO, once they start trying to keep people happy, they are doomed to fail. they would be better off releasing what they want to do, what they think is best, and it will either succeed or fail on its own merit.

I would argue that in the greatest period of gaming, when the absolute best, "classic" games were released, they didn't have beta, they didn't have the internet, they didn't have any direct line of communication to their players, they simply produced what they believed to be a really good product, and people flocked to it and enjoyed it.

Yes, i realize "times have changed", but many players seem unhappy with the direction of some games. Many say 'oh its because they didn't listen', but my opinion is that its because they DID listen. Often, the loudest voice is not the one that speaks for the majority. An example of this is this very forum. The few people who do come on and say 'i trust blizzard, im sure they will produce a great product' are drowned out by the VERY vocal few people who spend an awful lot of time on this forum.

Obviously, this forum is pretty much dead now, after the initial buzz has gone, which has happened VERY quickly, it has moved on to a tiny, TINY group of 'players', some or many of whom dont even play the current version of wow.

It has devolved into some wierd competition where "obviously you didnt play in vanilla" is the go to 'insult' used in almost every thread. There is a huge amount of dick waving and ego involved, all over a game thats over a decade old.

tl;dr - dont listen to ANY of us, just produce the best product possible, and let it stand on its own 2 feet. it worked 13 years ago, it should work again now.
    I agree with you. Just look at the group of people trying so hard to make "retailers" a thing, and only as an insult.

Why would anyone even want these toxic toxic people in their game? Make vanilla for the people willing to pay, those of us who maintained the love for WoW will also love the legacy for what it is. Not as a dream of teenage innocence and childlike wonder long gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mushkins View Post
    Why Blizzard shouldn't listen to people with an active subscription when it comes to Classic Servers.

Because those people are not supposed to play on Classic Servers. The plan is to bring people that quit back to play Classic and probably try to move them to play BfA or whatever expansion is current at the time.
    I have to tell you that on its face... your logic has me floored.

Assume for a second that the people that want classic that quit, and the people that also want classic and continued to subscribe, liked the same things about vanilla.

Who then would you listen to?

Your fair weather friend?

or

Your loyal consumer, who has stuck with you through thick and thin?

There is an obvious choice there. Honestly, your plea sounds like nothing more than exclusionary tactics because... reasons.

Your issue is that you can't see people enjoying both. You assume that classic is specifically designed to bring back players that have quit... it isn't. You also assume that players that have quit, have done so for one solitary reason... the game changed. I am so happy that I am the one who gets to tell you, that there are a plethora of other reasons why players have quit this game.

This is the fatal flaw in your logic. Coincidentally your HUGE blind spot, makes you ill suited to be "listened to".

/thread
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2017-12-11 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by loadedaxe View Post
    This^

If wow is so successful there would be no need for Classic.

I'll bet my annual pay that they eventually open TBC servers as well.
    If it has been so successful, the peak in subscription numbers would have been before TBC.
    Therefore the need for classic is not due to success of it.

See the problem with that argument.

There are people who can enjoy for different reasons different versions of the game.
    Just as there are people who enjoy more than one version of Sonic the Hedgehog, or more than one version of Final Fantasy.
    You are not required to like only one version of a game.

A question for those keen to play on 3rd party versions due to lack of an official one.
    How many of you were donating a cost equal to your subscription, or paying that to blizzard even if not using your live account.
    Not anywhere the number of accounts we regularly get reminded about, which is again a different number from active subscriptions.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-12-11 at 11:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    I agree with you. Just look at the group of people trying so hard to make "retailers" a thing, and only as an insult.

Why would anyone even want these toxic toxic people in their game? Make vanilla for the people willing to pay, those of us who maintained the love for WoW will also love the legacy for what it is. Not as a dream of teenage innocence and childlike wonder long gone.
    Ok just to be clear, thats not what i said. I dont want it made for you either, or me. I want them to use their own experience and creative process to do what THEY think is right. Produce a game they are proud of, and let the masses decide. Rather than trying to let the 'masses' decide throughout the entire process, because clearly a vocal minorty have very strong thoughts on what the game SHOULD be, so there really is no win for them here, only a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRainman View Post
    That's asinine. They want everyone to play the game, regardless of where they play it. Classic isn't going to be free, so they're getting money regardless of if you're playing "current" or "classic". Yes, I agree with you on the point that they would like older players to come back to play it, but what they really want is more people to retain active subscriptions.

Some people like cookies and cream. Some people like vanilla. I very much doubt Blizzard cares which one you eat, so long as you're buying the icecream.
    Blizzard cash shop is another reason why this is true. They constantly report that the amount of money they make from an average player is constantly growing. To sell mounts, tokens, server transfers etc. is impossible on Classic servers, otherwise it would ruin them. So it's in Blizzard's interest to do everything possible to prevent moving the player base from Live to Classic, but encourage them to move from Classic to Live.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    If it has been so successful, the peak in subscription numbers would have been before TBC.
    Therefore the need for classic is not due to success of it.

See the problem with that argument.

There are people who can enjoy for different reasons different versions of the game.
    Just as there are people who enjoy more than one version of Sonic the Hedgehog, or more than one version of Final Fantasy.
    You are not required to like only one version of a game.

A question for those keen to play on 3rd party versions due to lack of an official one.
    How many of you were donating a cost equal to your subscription, or paying that to blizzard even if not using your live account.
    Not anywhere the number of accounts we regularly get reminded about, which is again a different number from active subscriptions.
    Classic was very successful. From 0 to 8 mm players in 2 years is the pace no other expansion has had. Popularity of TBC and especially WotLK was mostly owing to geographic expansion of wow. Russian, Spanish servers and prob others came out at that time.