Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
... LastLast
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    same with WQGF drama or old models or whatever.
    And look at how many people I disagreed with.
    No, I do not represent anyone but myself.
    Some people I share some opinions with, but I do not recall coming across any member with whom I have always agreed, let alone some huge number you say I represent.

    Taking your two examples, I can go search my history for more if you wish.

    World quest group finder - the automation and afking through them letting others do the work. - not something I was in favour of.
    When it changed to be harder, as in requiring a little bit of effort I saw little to no impact on myself but lots of other people were complaining about it.

    New player models - not something I have been in favour of, due to appreciation that an NPC model does not have the interactions with hundreds of mounts, thousands of equipment items, smaller number of ability animations etc.
    But they were and have been a popular request.

    Both of which in contrast to a quite vocal opinion the other way.
    So no, I am actually very different to a lot of current players.

    If I am going to be accused of supporting blizzards view - then I will point to my opinions on flying.
    Where while I can understand the aim of pathfinder, it has been horribly implemented.
    There is a huge difference between the stated goal of experiencing the content before flying over it, and the repetition that comes from reputations.

    I have been against vanilla/classic servers as far as not seeing a need for them - yet blizzard are implementing them.
    Random upgrade forging, as per a thread just today.
    I am actually in favour of it, as it prevented settling on a static BiS list which was strictly adhered to, resulting in dismissal of content being useless when not awarding something on that list.

    World PvP - I don't see the need for it to be "rewarding".
    It was at its best without reward, when players simply found it "fun".
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-11-16 at 11:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    Some of the things that some players have wanted to get changed in Vanilla isn't for an unknown reason. Take class balance and talents for one example. In Vanilla you essentially had 'trap class specs' and 'trap talents', which many would define as not being vastly inferior, but would be labeled by those players as 'there for fun' or 'left in vanilla WoW for versatility sake'. When in all honesty, yes after you are level capped at 60 you need to avoid playing as a certain spec to be competitive in raiding and/or bgs, and you need to avoid talent choices that will significantly make your character worse at performing when fighting against/with players who didn't take them.

    Not everything people have wanted for a better Vanilla were for the sake of convenience, but to not provide the illusion of many competitive choices. As it stands right now if Vanilla WoW is released in a purist form there will be classes that are only allowed to play competitively in one spec. I wouldn't call that an unknown reason to want that aspect changed.
    Yes and the class design of Vanilla is part of Vanilla, just like all the other systems. Those class balance changes were made in subsequent expansions.

    I'm not disagreeing with your assessment at all, but you either want to play Vanilla or you want to play an "improved" version of Vanilla (which is essentially what retail is lol.)

    The fact of the matter is, there were A LOT (most?) of crappy things about vanilla that have been fixed after the fact. If you change one, or any of them, how is it Vanilla any more?

    Do you just want all the current systems in place but at level 60 with Vanilla raids, like what exactly do people want if it's not Vanilla? I don't get that at all.

    To me, the only legitimate asks are things that have to do with the client (ie. higher res, etc). If you are asking to change gameplay, I just don't see the point.
    Last edited by getupkid55; 2017-11-16 at 11:36 PM.

  3. #83
    I've been very active in the WoW game and communities for the past 13 years. I fucking went to Babbages 15 minutes after they got their FedEx delivery with (something like) 8 initial copies of the game after I kept calling every 20-30 minutes, annoying the hell out of them. But yeah, my opinion should not be valid because I still play the game.

    I've said it before, my biggest concern with this whole thing is in regards to how aggressively stupid so many people are in the pro-classic community.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    A company should NOT listen to any of its customers. No matter whether they are paying or not because they stand in different positions of benefits.

    Company: Profit
    Customers: needs

    2 utterly different things.
    So, obviously your certainly not a successful businessman(would include saying businesswoman but that would just sound ridiculous)[mankind... anyways]. That's hilarious coming someone participating in a world of Warcraft forum with 1,670 instances of sharing their opinion and viewpoint; saying that a company should not listen to their playerbase, but how would they know not to listen to their playerbase?
    Last edited by Wallmaker Yahzarah; 2017-11-17 at 12:19 AM.
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

    Still working on it... welp, wasting money on it.

  5. #85
    I've had an active sub since 04, So i guess i'm not allowed to comment. Darn!

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Why wouldn't they listen to their customers? The ones most likely to pay for a new product? It is far easier to sell something to a current customer than one that quit a decade ago. I agree with Ornyx that they should probably lock down the classic forums. It is a cesspool of people who don't play the game and just want to troll, who will likely not bother paying for Classic when free options exist.
    The OP here was obviously being a jerk about the whole thing. I for one maintain a sub and enjoy many aspects of the current game while also missing plenty about Vanilla. They're not even the same game anymore.

    That said, a lot of you guys are missing the whole point, seemingly deliberately. They're bringing back a 10+ year old version of the game in an attempt to woo back those who prefer it and have long since stopped paying them but have not moved on. They've been skulking around playing sub par versions of the thing they like rather than pay money for something they find outright distasteful out of some sort of weird, fawning loyalty that you all insist that they should have. I haven't figured out the reason you think they should have it yet, but I know that you expect them to have it and send money to Irvine for a product that they don't care for. It's weird.

    It shouldn't be hard to figure out that WoW Classic isn't being made for the people who spent the last year here or anywhere else raging against the very idea of WoW Classic. This is not next level stuff. This is pretty easy to deduce. You don't start offering vanilla ice cream and take input on all the people who prefer chocolate on how to make it more like chocolate and expect it to expand the number of people buying your ice cream total.

    Which is the point. More people paying them for ice cr... video games.

  7. #87
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Metachronopolis
    Posts
    23,722
    Honestly, I'd be happier if Blizzard listened a lot less and just made the game they want to. There's a lot of evidence that they can do that.
    To contact global moderators with moderation issues please PM any of the following:
    Tziva ■ Radux ■ Simca ■ Elysia ■ Zaelsino ■ xskarma ■ Arlee ■ Venara

    Issues specific to WoW General Discussions/BfA/Classic can be sent to any forum moderator or globals.
    Please report problem posts. Site rules can be found here.

  8. #88
    I have a sub to retail, and I'm willing to bet the vast majority of posters on this forum do, too. I'm also willing to bet the vast majority of people who roll on classic servers will also be people playing on retail.

    Go ahead and continue with your inane video-game tribalism, though.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Honestly, I'd be happier if Blizzard listened a lot less and just made the game they want to. There's a lot of evidence that they can do that.
    This. People seem to think that because they are paying customers that their feedback absolutely needs to be taken by Blizzard to change the direction of their product, sometimes drastically. No, you should be grateful that Blizzard is a company that chooses to sometimes use their feedback to dictate the direction of their product since they are under no obligation to do so.

  10. #90
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Thunder Bluff
    Posts
    496
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Implying people who have been playing since Vanilla and still are in Retail, after 13 years, don't exist... how obnoxiously arrogant can a person get ?
    I've been thinking that the classic server will not be even close to how it was back in the day, not because of the way they will build it, but because it'll be filled with retards with the same attitude as the OP.

  11. #91
    Who blizzard shouldnt listen to: Noone.
    Who blizzard shouldnt and will not blindly follow: Everyone.

    Its not like they are new to this. They will have a vision. If they read something that fits with that vision and makes sense, it doesnt matter where it comes from.
    If it doesnt, you can be as much of a true follower of the only real right kind of classic, your opinion is still useless to them.

    I really hope they will tell us more about what they want to do soon, so we have something more interesting to discuss then "do I think your opinion should be allowed here".
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    PS: It doesn't. BE/NE/Draenei old models are gone.
    Your brain is gone.

  13. #93
    Immortal Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,082
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush2803 View Post
    So they should listen to the people who spend their time on a forum, shitting on Blizzard and complaining all day long about retail wow?

    Yeah they're a real catch.
    to be fair world of warcraft is pretty shit now

    it's not the wow that i know and love and it disgusts me to even know there are people who actually enjoy this crap and give the retarded line of logic that brought it to people validation in thinking that it wasn't a total success but can't be that bad since people are actually playing it

    i mean seriously, you have to grind pvp gimped the whole time to unlock abilities now. historically, pvp was a very pick up and go activity that was easy to get into and enjoy but is now as grindy as PvE. whose dumb ass idea was that? probably that fucking retarded shite-eating prick holinka

    i mean it makes perfect sense because now the dumb cunt is on OW and a braindead hero like Junkrat is actually viable now

    all i'm saying tho is that your post cataclysm wow is all about raiding. everyone is a raider, everyone has a legendary, everyone gets to see all the content even if they're the equivalent of a 500lb woman on a dead rascal being towed through a 5k run by a 4 wheeler. but back then, the game was about more than raiding and you needed other people just to do quests.

    could you imagine the backlash over a modern day player needing SOMEONE ELSES help to complete a simple fucking quest? these people would never shut the fuck up about how draconian it was of Blizzard to have inflicted such a plight upon them by forcing them to interact with other players to accomplish something in an MMO
    And while the cobras dance around your feet like you're a god
    It only takes one bite for you to realize you are not


  14. #94
    Bloodsail Admiral Scottyjscizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    1,110
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Yes, making your old customers happy again and enticing them to pay money for your products is exactly what Blizzard would want? If they can have all the retail players + all the old Vanilla players they will double their revenue.
    I love this mythical world you people live in. Where everyone who quit did so out of some childish anti-progress mentality. I know plenty who just don't have time anymore, or hated vanilla after hitting cap, you also have this delusion that everyone who still plays somehow hated vanilla or never experienced it. I played it, I loved it, i never want it back.

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    snip
    It disgusts you to know people enjoy retail wow..? Yeah Blizzard should most definitely listen to someone like you.

  16. #96
    All those threads where vanilla players feel superior.

    The vanilla servers will be toxic shit, i'm 99% sure about that. The problem of the community is not the state of the game, it's shitheads like you OP.

  17. #97
    They shouldn't listen to any of the private server nitwits, if they do we'll get a broken game with trivial content only suited for speed running. Nothing like how it actually was.

  18. #98
    Immortal Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,082
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush2803 View Post
    It disgusts you to know people enjoy retail wow..? Yeah Blizzard should most definitely listen to someone like you.
    im sorry... u use a queue tool to find an adventure for u but we just went out into the world and made our own adventures >___> same name and IP but two COMPLETELY different games

    give us one good reason why the hell they should listen to active players. We quit because we don't like the new WoW. Classic servers aren't being made for players who enjoy current wow, they are being made for the people who have been asking for them for YEARS.

    The problem of the community is not the state of the game
    There has been a problem with the state of this game since Dragon Soul to the end of Tier 14 ended and gradually spread like cancer, shitting all over every aspect of the game.
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2017-12-05 at 07:11 PM.
    And while the cobras dance around your feet like you're a god
    It only takes one bite for you to realize you are not


  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    im sorry... u use a queue tool to find an adventure for u but we just went out into the world and made our own adventures >___> same name and IP but two COMPLETELY different games

    give us one good reason why the hell they should listen to active players. We quit because we don't like the new WoW. Classic servers aren't being made for players who enjoy current wow, they are being made for the people who have been asking for them for YEARS.



    There has been a problem with the state of this game since Tier 14 ended.
    Because many of us ARE vanilla players, we just don't delude ourselves into thinking our opinion matters more than yours. They should listen to both current players and the people thinking about coming back.

    And as far as "finding our own adventures" do you really think it's going to be anything like that again? Unless you magicly unlearn 13 years of playing this game I doubt it will be.

    People act like during vanilla nobody complained about a damn thing, nobody wanted QoL changes, nobody took a FP and thought to themselves "man it would be cool if I fly a gryphon myself" etc. (and no I'm not saying let's put flying in classic).

    Blizzard knows people complained back then too, that's why things are open for discussion now.

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Mushkins View Post
    Why Blizzard shouldn't listen to people with an active subscription when it comes to Classic Servers. (because those people are responsible for making the game like it is today?)

    Because those people shouldn't play on Classic Servers. From a pragmatic point of view, Blizzard simply don't want to make a competitor for Retail WoW if they want to profit from this endeavor. Thus, Blizzard should make Classic version as close to the original as possible.
    So, to get this straight you little munchkin. You want Blizzard not to listen to me because you THINK that I woulda/shoulda not play on Classic servers? Hell yeah I will. And you cannot stop me. Blizzards been getting paid by my sub ever since the damn game became available to me as a teen. You think you can stop me now from telling them to make awesome stuff like vanilla servers?

    Get lost, I am at this point regretting writing in my Blizzcon survey a few years back that I'd be interested in a Classic WoW option.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •