Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xmancho1 View Post
    The question here is how many of the people not playing/or playing private servers would come back. It's going to be a number, yes, but there will be people who wouldn't come back or won't pay money for WoW. So then why would Blizzard listen to them!? We don't know how many people will come back and will stay playing, which makes the oppionion of those who would not come back non-relevant.
    The thing is there are just too many people giving their opinions here who just don't have a clue simply b/c they are not familiar with the Nostalrius community.

If you were familiar with the Nostalrius raiding community you would know that most of those that played Nostalrius were in their 30's on average and if you were more intimately familiar with Nostalrius Raid Guilds you'd know that there are also many people in their 40's.

For all of the above, money is not an issue and I can tell you that 9/10 of my own 40 man Raid Guild will return to play WoW Classic, provided of course that WoW Classic is not nerfed with "QoL" additions.

There is a rivalry between Nostalrius guilds and this rivalry is set to continue in WoW Classic where whole Nostalrius guilds will be joining to compete against each other in Raiding progression and server dominance.

Quote Originally Posted by OP
    Why Blizzard shouldn't listen to people with an active subscription when it comes to Classic Servers. (because those people are responsible for making the game like it is today?)

Because those people shouldn't play on Classic Servers. From a pragmatic point of view, Blizzard simply don't want to make a competitor for Retail WoW if they want to profit from this endeavor. Thus, Blizzard should make Classic version as close to the original as possible.
    OT, because I am an old poster here on this board and because I followed this board's Nostalrius Megathread, I can tell you that extremely few Retailers had any interest at all in WoW Vanilla. If you searcj for that thread, which can be found below

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ion-Megathread

... you are gonna see in the Megathread yours truly and a handful of other pro-Vanilla posters getting attacked and shouted down by an overwhelming majority of angry Retailers and trolls who claim -in short terms- that Vanilla and TBC were vastly inferior to modern WoW and that nobody except a fringe minority wants to play Vanilla.

The only Retailer poster who admitted that they wanted to play Vanilla while also playing Retail was Elecybubb, just one person.

It is for that reason that I believe that all these cries for QoL changes to WOW Vanilla are fake and in most cases plain trolling and that b/c the Retail community historically have never -on this board as well as in the Official Forums- admitted to wanting to play Vanilla or ever asked for Vanilla back.
    Last edited by Sturmbringe; 2017-12-09 at 01:58 PM.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Play retail, play vanilla, wouldn't mind changes. They should listen to the players that are paying for the development of the product and not from thieves that are stealing from them.

I played vanilla servers,and I have an active sub
    If anything,my opinion matters more as I know the differences between live and vanilla,and I also support blizzard with my sub.

See we can all say retarded shit

I'm against changes btw

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    We quit because we don't like the new WoW. Classic servers aren't being made for players who enjoy current wow, they are being made for the people who have been asking for them for YEARS.
    This^

If wow is so successful there would be no need for Classic.

I'll bet my annual pay that they eventually open TBC servers as well.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    You can get to prestige 1 to unlock the honor talents in like 5 days just by doing the tower and ffa wqs. If 7 quests a day for 5 days, 35 total is too much work for you then maybe RPGs aren't your thing.
    thats like making pve carebears fight gladiators to kill their raid boss lmao

it speaks volumes about this game that Bahjeera is finally a Gladiator so i bet they could XD

I'm just done with all that bullshit. They created this artificial contrived way to get people out in the world and now pve shitlords gear is better than all gear. they just need to put the game back the way that it was.

Quote Originally Posted by xmancho1 View Post
    The question here is how many of the people not playing/or playing private servers would come back. It's going to be a number, yes, but there will be people who wouldn't come back or won't pay money for WoW. So then why would Blizzard listen to them!? We don't know how many people will come back and will stay playing, which makes the oppionion of those who would not come back non-relevant.
    Most will come back, then start bitching they have to pay.

for me its quite simple, Blizzard should only allow people that actually played Vanilla to have a say.

Blizzard, as access to our char data, and if you actually played vanilla at a level 60 for a couple of months you should have a say, on what Classic, should look like.

Only started to play WoW in TBC, or any of the following xpac, then you dont have a say.

Played Vanilla and actually manage to get to 60 and did the attunements, and still have an active account(cant comment on forums without it), then you can a say.

This will stop retailers from trolling, and general trolling from screwing this up for the people that have been asking for this for years.

5+ Year Old Account
    People who still play the game can enjoy it and be critical of parts of it.

Its the ones who think everything about it sucks, or think that it's perfect in all ways, that aren't gonna give the best feedback.

Myeh, impossible to please 'fanboys' is totes the right demographic to listen to.

Fuck off with inciting this retarded "you vs them" scenarios. Both new and old players want the unbalanced, buggy mess that was vanilla, and on the flip-side, both old and new players want an improved vanilla experience.

Either way, there are people who care for this thing to work, they don't all necessarily agree. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by digichi View Post
    People who still play the game can enjoy it and be critical of parts of it.

Its the ones who think everything about it sucks, or think that it's perfect in all ways, that aren't gonna give the best feedback.
    im not saying all retailers cant provide good feedback, its just to avoid trolling, because we all know most of the current discussions are troll based, that helps anyone in the long term.

Most players that have long term fighting for this to happen, are vanilla players. Many will be returning vanilla players and some will be private players.

Blizzard can also avoid trolling and flaming just by sending an email to all vanilla players that meet certain requirements, and get feedback that way.

Blizzard this way is just letting us go at each other throats for no reason when they can do this cleanly, with no flamming and trolling

If Blizzard doesnt add an extra sub cost for classic then NO they are not making it for retail. They are trying to bring people back to the game not give anything away for free to current subscribers. They want to bring people back and they wont get a lot of us if this is some kind of frankenstein venture. I tried in wod an i tried in legion to come back. Both times i lasted a month. Its not the same game. I played on nost for 9 months until shut down. I was disappointed to say the least so i havent done another private server. Im willing to pay. Yes pay for a true vanilla server but if they decide to stray to far from what it was i doubt a lot of us purist rejoin.

This isnt for paying subscribers its to bring people back.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lusitan View Post
    im not saying all retailers cant provide good feedback, its just to avoid trolling, because we all know most of the current discussions are troll based, that helps anyone in the long term.

Most players that have long term fighting for this to happen, are vanilla players. Many will be returning vanilla players and some will be private players.

Blizzard can also avoid trolling and flaming just by sending an email to all vanilla players that meet certain requirements, and get feedback that way.

Blizzard this way is just letting us go at each other throats for no reason when they can do this cleanly, with no flamming and trolling
    I get it, but blizz are smarter than ppl give them credit, and i'm sure they know when someone is trolling or flamming on the interwebz just as well as anyone here.

Also, if you look past the trolling, there are a lot of people giving genuine feedback. One of the polls posted here a month or so ago gave good insight as well on where the playerbase 110% agrees, or where it becomes more grey watered. The forums aggregate a good portion of the playerbase who are interested in giving feedback.

I just don't think emails are efficient enough because, for example, my brother who started playing in vanilla has no interest in classic. He thought it wasn't as good as a game compared to tbc/wotlk (and he never browsed forums all the years i played the game with him.) He definitely just doesn't care about providing feedback. Similarly, maybe there are people who quit years ago (with accounts linked to emails they don't use anymore) who are happy it was announced and will try it out, but will probably forget about it until it officially launches. I'm sure blizz has people smart enough to weave the waters to see how everyone is reacting to certain ideas/threads and collect that feedback, from people who want to be there.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, basically :P

Also they can solve all of their problems by just saying vanilla is vanilla. Oh wait braak already said that. People who want changes can accept it. It is what it was. If they make changes those on the other side are more apt to not give blizzard any money defeating the purpose of any game. No changes people can say oh it would have been nice but it is what it was. Leople will still play. To many changes and blizzard loses a whole group of players.

- - - Updated - - -

Also they can solve all of their problems by just saying vanilla is vanilla. Oh wait braak already said that. People who want changes can accept it. It is what it was. If they make changes those on the other side are more apt to not give blizzard any money defeating the purpose of any game. No changes people can say oh it would have been nice but it is what it was. Leople will still play. To many changes and blizzard loses a whole group of players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    to be fair world of warcraft is pretty shit now

it's not the wow that i know and love and it disgusts me to even know there are people who actually enjoy this crap and give the retarded line of logic that brought it to people validation in thinking that it wasn't a total success but can't be that bad since people are actually playing it

*snipped excess stupidity*
    People like you are exactly what's wrong with this game's 'community'.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

I still laugh at the PS only players who think people playing retail weren't right there with them on those PSs. As others have said, this "us vs them" mentality is completely stupid, as it doesn't exist to the degree it's made out to be. People on both sides wants a pure experience, just as much as people on both sides wants improvements.
    I hope they make it as close to original as possible. Grinding out mobs to get those last few levels to hit 60. Grinding multiple dungeons to get specific drops. Grinding gathering mats to make that resist gear. Grinding raids to get raid gear for 40 people. Grind grind grind grind GRIND!
    I hope people have to pull 1 mob at a time in fear of getting killed by 2.
    I hope people get their flea market community back "LF3M for MC," and "WTS X item" spams for hours.
    I hope people get what they want, I really do. It's not my thing as it sounds exactly what I do now, except for going thru trade chat meticulously looking for the person I saw post they are looking for another person to join their raid thru the wall of text trying to sell me some piece of LW'ing gear I made myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Yes, making your old customers happy again and enticing them to pay money for your products is exactly what Blizzard would want? If they can have all the retail players + all the old Vanilla players they will double their revenue.
    Ya except the problem is the vast majority of "old Vanilla players" remember what a shit show Vanilla actually was and the only people who want Vanilla servers are private server fanboys who never actually played through AUTHENTIC VANILLA.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Ya except the problem is the vast majority of "old Vanilla players" remember what a shit show Vanilla actually was and the only people who want Vanilla servers are private server fanboys who never actually played through AUTHENTIC VANILLA.

It's funny how you project your own personal likes and dislikes on everyone else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Blizzard shouldn't listen to their paying customers and should instead listen to the people pirating their game... Wow, that's some real good thonkin right there.
    Since when "I want to play vanilla WoW" became equal to "I'm pirating WoW"?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiedzemir View Post

It's funny how you project your own personal likes and dislikes on everyone else.

- - - Updated - - -
    Where was a single like or dislike mentioned? No. I think you need to learn how to read context. It's a fact btw, the vast majority of people who played in Vanilla have grown up and move on from the game, the people crying for Vanilla servers have no idea what Vanilla was like. At the end of the day Private Server Fanboys will always find something new to cry about. "Oh it's taking too long to come out" "You mean I have to pay a sub to play" "This isn't anything like Nostalrus" "Patches are taking too long to come out" "There's so many bugs". No matter what Blizzard does, they won't win, especially with how toxic the Private Server playerbase is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by loadedaxe View Post
    This^

If wow is so successful there would be no need for Classic.

I'll bet my annual pay that they eventually open TBC servers as well.
    There isnt a need for classic servers you dimwit. Its fanservice. You should be licking Blizzards boots and offering your entire trailer park to them as tribute.