Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    They know.. They have even made the "Classic Discussion" subforum fully available for non-subscribers.. Don't think thats a coincidence.

PS: not saying that i agree that they shouldnt listen at all to people with an active account, just that they are aware that some of them, the ones wanting a ton of changes more specifically, are not their target audience.
    Last edited by mmocfa2298c846; 2017-12-05 at 07:25 PM.

A company shouldn't listen to its paying customers in favor of an extremely vocal minority that can't even agree amongst itself?

Its a bold strategy, I'll give you that

If they can't listen to their paying customers, then who should they listen to? Someone who's got no skin in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    If they can't listen to their paying customers, then who should they listen to? Someone who's got no skin in the game?
    Stop making sense you heretic.

Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    Stop making sense you heretic.
    This made me laugh, thanks!

I don't even know how to battle this attempt to make these two things somehow connected. You sound like one of those people from ancient aliens. They play retail so obviously they want classic wow to be retail. Your logic is so flawed I worry about how you get through your day to day life.

Yes, no one playing today was playing at launch, nor would like to play that game again, nor do they actually have any input on which patch it should start on, I mean it isn't like they played and actually love WoW. Yes, those who want to destroy classic are all the retail players out to ruin "your" game./s

No one who voted in the last election should be able to vote in the next one because they are responsible for the country's current state. Do you see how stupid that sounds?

Quote Originally Posted by Mushkins View Post
    Why Blizzard shouldn't listen to people with an active subscription when it comes to Classic Servers. (because those people are responsible for making the game like it is today?)

Because those people shouldn't play on Classic Servers. From a pragmatic point of view, Blizzard simply don't want to make a competitor for Retail WoW if they want to profit from this endeavor. Thus, Blizzard should make Classic version as close to the original as possible.
    So they should listen to people that don't even play or pay them!!!!!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush2803 View Post
    Because many of us ARE vanilla players, we just don't delude ourselves into thinking our opinion matters more than yours. They should listen to both current players and the people thinking about coming back.

And as far as "finding our own adventures" do you really think it's going to be anything like that again? Unless you magicly unlearn 13 years of playing this game I doubt it will be.

People act like during vanilla nobody complained about a damn thing, nobody wanted QoL changes, nobody took a FP and thought to themselves "man it would be cool if I fly a gryphon myself" etc. (and no I'm not saying let's put flying in classic).

Blizzard knows people complained back then too, that's why things are open for discussion now.
    Exactly.
    I also started playing WoW at day1 and want a pure classic server without any quality-of-life improvements.
    However I also think that there's a big playerbase who didn't want to pay for WoW anymore and just live on in their nostalgia.
    And those players now try to devide the community to undermine their "classic elitist" status.

Let's face it: Even there were many quality of life improvements from which some backfired (e.g. lfg tool) the skillcap when it comes to (mythic) raiding has been raised by a huge amount. The accessibility has just been improved and the pacing of the game is much more faster than before.

Yes I also loved the whole leveling process in Vanilla, but that was 13 years ago. And leveling was a big part of the game. With BfA levels have doubled and only the endgame is meaningful.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush2803 View Post
    So they should listen to the people who spend their time on a forum, shitting on Blizzard and complaining all day long about retail wow?

Yeah they're a real catch.
    It is easier to keep a customer than to gain a new one. And yet Blizzard manages to bleed subs just months into an expansion... how in the world will they ever succeed at bringing back old customers long since out of love for their development direction?

Listening to them might be a good start. In fact, when you think about it, listening to the existing customer base is what has WoW into the short term, cash grabbing, franchise it is.

Maybe they should start listening to those the product is aimed at.

OP... sadly Blizz doesn't read their own forums... let alone here. Non-subscribers can't even post there. The only people they can listen to are "those people".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Yes, making your old customers happy again and enticing them to pay money for your products is exactly what Blizzard would want? If they can have all the retail players + all the old Vanilla players they will double their revenue.
    The kind of people that has fed on bitter hate for 10+ years will never be satisfied with anything. Those people are broken beyond repair.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    to be fair world of warcraft is pretty shit now

it's not the wow that i know and love and it disgusts me to even know there are people who actually enjoy this crap and give the retarded line of logic that brought it to people validation in thinking that it wasn't a total success but can't be that bad since people are actually playing it

i mean seriously, you have to grind pvp gimped the whole time to unlock abilities now. historically, pvp was a very pick up and go activity that was easy to get into and enjoy but is now as grindy as PvE. whose dumb ass idea was that? probably that fucking retarded shite-eating prick holinka

i mean it makes perfect sense because now the dumb cunt is on OW and a braindead hero like Junkrat is actually viable now

all i'm saying tho is that your post cataclysm wow is all about raiding. everyone is a raider, everyone has a legendary, everyone gets to see all the content even if they're the equivalent of a 500lb woman on a dead rascal being towed through a 5k run by a 4 wheeler. but back then, the game was about more than raiding and you needed other people just to do quests.

could you imagine the backlash over a modern day player needing SOMEONE ELSES help to complete a simple fucking quest? these people would never shut the fuck up about how draconian it was of Blizzard to have inflicted such a plight upon them by forcing them to interact with other players to accomplish something in an MMO
    In Legion many people group up for every single quest, thanks to the addon. Have you even played Legion?

Deleted
    Listening to people before they have released something would be their worst mistake. They should chose a point (patch) of vanilla and just try to be as close as possible to the original. Then see what the players are doing with it over the course of a couple of years. There is always room for changes but the point of classic will be to please people who don't like changes. So the game has to become boring/change-worthy for them before changes will not cause a big uproar. Arguments like "you had the closest to original vanilla for years and people stopped playing it and cried for changes!" are necessary against "changes caused everything - just give us the most closest version to vanilla!!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    It is easier to keep a customer than to gain a new one.
    everytime you write something you prove you have no clue.

And yet Blizzard manages to bleed subs just months into an expansion... how in the world will they ever succeed at bringing back old customers long since out of love for their development direction? Listening to them might be a good start. In fact, when you think about it, listening to the existing customer base is what has WoW into the short term, cash grabbing, franchise it is.
    Oh look once again the claim that casuals ruin the game while the game was made for them and lives still because of them.

Maybe they should start listening to those the product is aimed at.
    a mean delusional egomanics like you? no thank you

OP... sadly Blizz doesn't read their own forums... let alone here.
    wrong, they read their forum, here and also rededit but pls go on bashing blizzard proving that they shouldnt listen to a guy like you.

Non-subscribers can't even post there.
    and thank god for that!

There will be no consensus on this. Original classic includes imbalances, missing QoL features and bugs. Improving upon that does make sense from an objective standpoint (the game quality increases!), but it will result in a non-Vanilla experience simply because the quality was lower back then. It would probably be a BETTER experience with some changes, but simply because it's not really Vanilla anymore then, it wouldn't be that popular among the intended playerbase (highly nostalgic, more casual players who just want to re-experience the old days).

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm a firm believer that people who don't pay for WoW shouldn't be able to post on any forum dedicated to WoW. Like this one. Because of posts like this. Someone clearly had a hearty serving of stupid for breakfast.

That being said, here's a more rational, less emotional response:

Well, that's illogical. Why would a company listen to a vocal minority who can't even figure out what they ultimately want, let alone those who don't pay for their services. It's almost as if you want your cake and to eat it too, as the saying goes. What's ultimately going to happen is that a niche of a niche of a niche group of players will be happy with what Blizzard provides, while everyone else will have various shades of whines they're going to post, because not everyone's going to be happy, period.

EXCEPT US RETAIL PEOPLE, WHO APPARENTLY HAVE GOTTEN EVERYTHING WE'VE EVER WANTED.

And then those horribly banal Classic 'Purists' will go back to their Private Servers, losing their characters on the regular because nothing will ever meet their horrifically pointed standards.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Mushkins View Post
    Why Blizzard shouldn't listen to people with an active subscription when it comes to Classic Servers. (because those people are responsible for making the game like it is today?)

Because those people shouldn't play on Classic Servers. From a pragmatic point of view, Blizzard simply don't want to make a competitor for Retail WoW if they want to profit from this endeavor. Thus, Blizzard should make Classic version as close to the original as possible.
    there are tons of ppl that loved vanilla as it was yet still play on retail today, im one of them for sure.

Most players enjoy more than one game. The spectrum of games ppl can enjoy is quite wide, wow:retail and wow:vanilla isnt even that far from eachother compared to say, Overwatch and the Civilization games, or witcher 3 and the tycoon building games. And ive enjoyed all of them.

I mean for one thing, Blizzard at least knows people with an active subscription are willing to pay to play the game in some way.

I hope Blizzard isn't going to listen to anyone outside of their company and whatever "trusted circle" they might have. People with both active and non-active subscription can and will offer nonsensical opinions. Also, don't forget that the game haven't changed just for lols, it changed because many people wanted changes in the design and systems that were in place in vanilla. Many self-proclaimed "veterans" (I cringe when the word applied within the gaming context), were the ones who pushed and cheered for changes somewhere at the break of TBC. These changes were implemented and evidently that worked as WoW grew in popularity for quite some time after that. Those who liked the original design were left behind though.

Honestly I think game dev by community committee isn't such a good idea right now. Best solution would likely to start with a plane classic canvas. As in it is pure vanilla. Give it a few months. Let memories of the past die into the present and move people away from private servers and onto the classic realm. Once this happens you have the people that want to play on these servers established. THEN you listen to that established community going forward. Listening to people now isn't effective because they are totally seperated and not committed to anything at all outside of their opinion. Not to mention huge trolls on both sides that want to see it fail for selfish reasons. A few months together on a realm thins the trolls as they will move onto the next big troll. It brings people that want the classic experience together. Then you have a real classic community that can be polled and evaluated into giving a real sense of where everyone stands that REALLY wants this classic experience. Then doing something like how Runescape did it can work. Where this community can make choices. Small edits might be able to be done. Of course devision will still exist and of course some people will storm away and refuse to play unless they are god mode of the realms status. Thats always going to he the case. But doing it right can keep it from being a total disaster.

Oh look, another thread where someone played a game (illegally), talks shit about a company, has many players from private servers, attempting to shift all the "we want X changes to classic" onto retail players. Not once admitting that private server players are asking for changes as well as many retail players asking for none.