Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Why Blizzard shouldn't listen to people with an active subscription.

Why Blizzard shouldn't listen to people with an active subscription when it comes to Classic Servers.

Because those people are not supposed to play on Classic Servers. The plan is to bring people that quit back to play Classic and probably try to move them to play BfA or whatever expansion is current at the time, not to dilute Wow's player base.

Blizzard cash shop is another reason why this is true. They constantly report that the amount of money they make from an average player is constantly growing. To sell mounts, tokens, server transfers etc. is impossible on Classic servers, otherwise it would ruin them. So it's in Blizzard's interest to do everything possible to prevent moving the player base from Live to Classic, but encourage them to move from Classic to Live.
    Last edited by Mushkins; 2017-12-12 at 10:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So they should listen to the people who spend their time on a forum, shitting on Blizzard and complaining all day long about retail wow?

Yeah they're a real catch.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush2803 View Post
    So they should listen to the people who spend their time on a forum, shitting on Blizzard and complaining all day long about retail wow?

Yeah they're a real catch.
    Yes, making your old customers happy again and enticing them to pay money for your products is exactly what Blizzard would want? If they can have all the retail players + all the old Vanilla players they will double their revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mushkins View Post
    Thus, Blizzard should make Classic version as close to the original as possible.
    Why would they do otherwise?

Because there are idiots on the MMO-Champ forums asking them to put in features from retail, for some stupid unknown reason?

I have an active subscription and I think classic should release more or less unchanged.

Why Blizzard shouldn't listen to people with an active subscription when it comes to Classic Servers. (because those people are responsible for making the game like it is today?)

Because those people shouldn't play on Classic Servers. From a pragmatic point of view, Blizzard simply don't want to make a competitor for Retail WoW if they want to profit from this endeavor. Thus, Blizzard should make Classic version as close to the original as possible.
    What an idiotic notion.

I have an active sub (even if i don't login much), and i'm on the "DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING ON CLASSIC" camp, big time. One thing doesn't have fuckall to do with the other, but hey, NICE THREAD!

It's actually more likely that Classic WoW will keep existing subscribers involved - if there's a lull in the expansion (assuming sub counts for both which it sounds like it will) then people can play more Classic for a time etc. They're not creating a competitor to their own game, they're creating another way to keep people playing WoW than other games.

I hope they add changes, the amount of weeping would be priceless.

Deleted
    Why Blizzard shouldn't listen to people with an active subscription when it comes to Classic Servers. (because those people are responsible for making the game like it is today?)

Because those people shouldn't play on Classic Servers. From a pragmatic point of view, Blizzard simply don't want to make a competitor for Retail WoW if they want to profit from this endeavor. Thus, Blizzard should make Classic version as close to the original as possible.
    So what about a small, quite symbolic sub fee ($3-5) to differentiate the people who actively wants to play Classic and those who don't? Not a perfect solution, but it's something.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Yes, making your old customers happy again and enticing them to pay money for your products is exactly what Blizzard would want? If they can have all the retail players + all the old Vanilla players they will double their revenue.
    Double their revenue? This doesn't make any sense. Classic has been free for a while now on private servers, and the most they've ever gotten in concurrent users was a little over 10,000 I seriously doubt it will double the current revenue. What you're thinking right now is a delusion. It's not healthy. Seek professional help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    You aren't true to Blizzard Entertainment if you canceled your subscription. Why should they be true to you.

A diehard wow enthusiast would've kept playing. Instead you abandoned it. You're just a fake diehard.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    I have an active subscription and I think classic should release more or less unchanged.
    That's my opinion as well. If the classic elitists like the OP got their way, they'd lose out on the support of thousands of people.

Shocking news : Wanting a "NO CHANGES" Classic Server and playing retail aren't mutually exclusive.

You're welcome.

10+ Year Old Account
    What they need to do is just launch the game as it was during the Naxxramas patch. Put it out in the wild in that state so it is as authentic as possible THEN start taking feedback to see what liberties they may be allowed to take. Launching it with any major sweeping changes is going to piss off the purists who have been asking for this and cause it to fail. They don't need to listen to anyone who is currently asking for the game to be more like it is now. That isn't what vanilla is or was. Just rolling the current game back to pre BC content wise is not what people want. Today's mechanics and systems would trivialize everything about what made Vanilla what it was. No flying. No multi spec etc.

If they try and get people who play the current game on board and cater to them at all this is going to crash and burn. They need to stop trying to pleas everyone and just do what people have asked for. Make a vanilla/classic server option. It will find an audience. It doesn't need to be massive. Doesn't need to draw people who never played into it. Just make an authentic experience and people who loved it then and want to play it again should be happy. Sure it's never that simple but the last thing they need is people coming in from the live game with no idea what they are getting and being pissed that it takes so long to get anything done (compared to now anyway). First mount at 40? And the slow one? Good luck trying to get them on board for that. You have people pissing and moaning every week about how we can't fly at the launch of expansions. Imagine telling them they have to walk ON FOOT every where until level 40.

Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    What they need to do is just launch the game as it was during the Naxxramas patch.
    Because not everyone wants that. Most people I've spoken to want day one.

They need to stop trying to please everyone and just do what people have asked for.
    That doesn't make any sense. You want them to not please everyone, but you also want them to please everyone?

Make a vanilla/classic server option. It will find an audience. It doesn't need to be massive.
    It needs to be profitable. They wouldn't do it if they thought it wasn't going to be. Which means the cost of developing it isn't that high, or their marketing department think it's going to be massive.

Quote Originally Posted by rootbeerboy View Post
    You aren't true to Blizzard Entertainment if you canceled your subscription. Why should they be true to you.

A diehard wow enthusiast would've kept playing. Instead you abandoned it. You're just a fake diehard.
    What are you talking about, I had a sub just 2 months ago and am on a break because of my job. I will probably comeback to WoW when the new Raid opens up. You're just a troll I guess.

Implying people who have been playing since Vanilla and still are in Retail, after 13 years, don't exist... how obnoxiously arrogant can a person get ?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rootbeerboy View Post

ummm, subs maybe. Just a guess.

7+ Year Old Account
    I agree. 10 char

So ignore people that are currently giving them money, but listen to others that might not ever give them any. Brilliant.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."