Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    everytime you write something you prove you have no clue.
    What? A common business fact, and you question me? LOL

Oh look once again the claim that casuals ruin the game while the game was made for them and lives still because of them.
    Not once did I mention casuals. Vanilla appealed to casuals and hardcore players alike.

a mean delusional egomanics like you? no thank you
    Let me guess. You are a liberal? Calling everyone that disagrees with you delusional.

wrong, they read their forum, here and also rededit but pls go on bashing blizzard proving that they shouldnt listen to a guy like you.

and thank god for that!
    Oh they "monitor" the forums... but they don't read them. Case in point... "You think you do but you don't!" followed by "Announcing Classic servers!" Man, that crow he ate must have really stuck in his craw!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    In Legion many people group up for every single quest, thanks to the addon. Have you even played Legion?
    the fact that it has taken someone so long to post something along these lines suggests that is extremely situational, such as wod reputation dailies.

and yes i have played legion. my demon hunter was leveled to 104 before I returned to playing other games and I recently leveled my Warrior to 103. I was required to quest with no one, for nothing.

I quit wow because of raiding in the first place and I am not pleased to hear about the level of involvement players must subject themselves to so that they may partake of an exclusive PvP experience.

i have a new title for this thread:

"Why blizzard should take the financial gains from those who support blizzard and wow, and use it to fund my silly pet project, something made JUST for me"

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    i have a new title for this thread:

"Why blizzard should take the financial gains from those who support blizzard and wow, and use it to fund my silly pet project, something made JUST for me"
    Why? So that I'd start supporting Blizzard as well. The answer is simple, to increase the player base. Why would you make another version of the product for the current clients if the current clients are happy with what you have now already?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiedzemir View Post
    Why? So that I'd start supporting Blizzard as well. The answer is simple, to increase the player base. Why would you make another version of the product for the current clients if the current clients are happy with what you have now already?
    Sometimes, things aren't for players. Sometimes, they're for investors. The investors are upset that Warcraft revenue is spiky (it goes way up in expansion years and drops in between). Some of Legion's design choices were to mitigate that - and it did somewhat.

One of their other strategies is to keep people in the Blizzard ecosystem with other games during content droughts, to reduce churn. Why do you think they still spend money developing Diablo?

We don't know whether Blizzard intends to use Classic as a means to draw additional players (will the Nostralius people actually pay?), or whether it's intent is more similar to Diablo (keep people in the Blizzard ecosystem).

7+ Year Old Account
    The sweet irony is that all the people that paid for WoW all these years asked for it as well as the entitled "veterans" who gave up after thier mother told them to move out of their basement.

Man that was some good bait. nom nom nom.

Quote Originally Posted by Mushkins View Post
    Why Blizzard shouldn't listen to people with an active subscription when it comes to Classic Servers. (because those people are responsible for making the game like it is today?)

Because those people shouldn't play on Classic Servers. From a pragmatic point of view, Blizzard simply don't want to make a competitor for Retail WoW if they want to profit from this endeavor. Thus, Blizzard should make Classic version as close to the original as possible.
    Considering their actual competition in the forms of GW2 and FFXIV are bleeding them subscribers by the quarter, I honestly think it's in Blizzards best interest to tap the otherwise untapped market of temporal toxic tryhards and release those old 'brutal' forms of gameplay.

Not only would it give the current form of WoW some much needed compare and contrast points (and thus boosting sales between the two franchises) it would also allow them to have two different MMOs with two different and distinct playstyle focuses (ganking, pking, hardcore crafting, no difficulty single mode raiding in Classic where as in retail you have story driven, hero focused, dynamic world, more casualized but also higher maximum difficulty raiding in retail) which would allow them to usher in a new wave of their competitors trying to keeping up with innovation.

Or it will fail completely when everyone realizes that vanilla was trash and that remaking it into Classic is pretty fucking pathetic on the grand scheme of things because it means that investors are legitimately worried that retail will not bring in the returns they are expecting, which is terrifying knowing the direction of retail going forward.
    Last edited by Blamblam41; 2017-12-07 at 11:32 PM.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Blizzard is going to release classic classic wow without any changes like they have said multiple times. The only people whining are the classic people saying Blizzard isn't going to do it because they see forums posts of random people on mmochamp.

Real fans of World of Warcraft still play it.

This whole thread is incorrect...

The whole argument is incorrect...

Because the question isn't what version of classic wow do people want?

There is only oner Question.

Do you want Alterac Valley with Korrak or without?

Classic Servers will degenerate into nothing but AV games, because it is literally the only thing you cannot do in its original form left in WoW. (maybe ZG groups)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Yes, making your old customers happy again and enticing them to pay money for your products is exactly what Blizzard would want? If they can have all the retail players + all the old Vanilla players they will double their revenue.
    Dude seriously...
    We 'vanilla players' still play retail so nothing is going to x2.
    People need to stop thinking classic players and retail players are separate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Blizzard is going to release classic classic wow without any changes like they have said multiple times. The only people whining are the classic people saying Blizzard isn't going to do it because they see forums posts of random people on mmochamp.

Real fans of World of Warcraft still play it.
    Blizzard has not stated that 1 single time, please prove me wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Yeah absolutely. They should definitely ignore their current playerbase and target neckbeards that spend all their time being bigots on private servers. That makes so much sense I'm shocked they didn't think of it before you.
    I play both and shave.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiedzemir View Post
    Yeah, you agree with what i said. you just dont realize it. Some are so entitled its scary. The current subscribers, along with funds from other blizzard projects, are the people who are funding this silly little side project.

You are saying the players funding the project should have no say on how it turns out, but instead, it should come from those who are not offering financial support...thats crazy.

Just yet another delusional person screaming "i want i want i want memememememe everyone else get away from MY game that blizzard is tailor making for ME, no one else have an opinion please, its all about MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mushkins View Post
    Why Blizzard shouldn't listen to people with an active subscription when it comes to Classic Servers. (because those people are responsible for making the game like it is today?)

Because those people shouldn't play on Classic Servers. From a pragmatic point of view, Blizzard simply don't want to make a competitor for Retail WoW if they want to profit from this endeavor. Thus, Blizzard should make Classic version as close to the original as possible.
    So what about people like me, who play retail, but want classic to be as close to classic as possible? I'm guessing that makes it ok for them to listen to people like me, because my opinion aligns with your own.

Hah, cute.

If anything, they'll do best in not listening to the Private server crowd, since they tend to be the most toxic, fractured and fanatical people found in WoW, at least since WoD.
    As someone with an active sub I say this: They need to release Classic with minimum changes, only fixing game-breaking bugs and leaving the rest as is.

And people paying the subs = the people funding this project. Not the people spending their days bitching about WoW on either these forums or in /trade on certain private servers whilst refusing to pay money to Blizz "coz reasons"... yet considering themselves 100% entitled to everything, including their bootleg versions.

Of course, the Private server zealots actually believe that Classic servers are happening because "WoW is struggling and content from 2004 will save it!!"...

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    the fact that it has taken someone so long to post something along these lines suggests that is extremely situational, such as wod reputation dailies.
    Happens literally all the time for world and instanced content alike, from cracking nuts to pugging Normal+ bosses in raids.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-12-08 at 12:21 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post

and yes i have played legion. my demon hunter was leveled to 104 before I returned to playing other games and I recently leveled my Warrior to 103. I was required to quest with no one, for nothing.

I quit wow because of raiding in the first place and I am not pleased to hear about the level of involvement players must subject themselves to so that they may partake of an exclusive PvP experience.
    He has no clue, I play on classic servers daily and people group up all the time for quests.
    People who claim retail is more social have no fucking clue. And it's not just the grouping up.
    You know people on your server, who's going to ragequit midway, who ninjas, who's a great guide etc etc
    If someone is going to disagree I suggest you play private a few days.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Hah, cute.

If anything, they'll do best in not listening to the Private server crowd, since they tend to be the most toxic, fractured and fanatical people found in WoW, at least since WoD.
    As someone with an active sub I say this: They need to release Classic with minimum changes, only fixing game-breaking bugs and leaving the rest as is.

And people paying the subs = the people funding this project. Not the people spending their days bitching about WoW on either these forums or in /trade on certain private servers whilst refusing to pay money to Blizz "coz reasons"... yet considering themselves 100% entitled to everything, including their bootleg versions.

Happens literally all the time for world and instanced content alike, from cracking nuts to pugging Normal+ bosses in raids.
    I play both, what am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Legendix187- View Post
    He has no clue, I play on classic servers daily and people group up all the time for quests.
    People who claim retail is more social have no fucking clue.

- - - Updated - - -

I play both, what am I?
    My Live experience sure as fuck is more social.

I've got my guild, the content I care about, there's grouping up for everything, my Battle.net friends are with me etc etc. The tools to ensure social gameplay, allowing you to play with friends and so on, have never been more numerous. How you choose to utilize said tools, is up to you. Saying 1 iteration is more or less "social" for a fact only points to an issue with the player making that claim. Plenty of asocial asshats to be found on Classic servers, and they seem to be doing just fine for themselves, especially when they congregate together.
    As for playing both and what that makes you: Depends on your behaviour. I too play both.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    What if Blizz will say that Classic is only for hardcore fans? Like people subscribed continuously since vanilla. Otherwise, you need to pay a small additional fee (on top of regular subscription price).

Quote Originally Posted by Drauer View Post
    What if Blizz will say that Classic is only for hardcore fans? Like people subscribed continuously since vanilla. Otherwise, you need to pay a small additional fee (on top of regular subscription price).
    Yeha, that'd go down well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like many things in game now, but i'm surprised for a reason that ridiculous to even be mentioned

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drauer View Post
    I think the number who did that can be counted on one hand, i mean u surely needed some rest in 14 years ?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Deleted
    My Live experience sure as fuck is more social.

I've got my guild, the content I care about, there's grouping up for everything, my Battle.net friends are with me etc etc. The tools to ensure social gameplay, allowing you to play with friends and so on, have never been more numerous. How you choose to utilize said tools, is up to you. Saying 1 iteration is more or less "social" for a fact only points to an issue with the player making that claim. Plenty of asocial asshats to be found on Classic servers, and they seem to be doing just fine for themselves, especially when they congregate together.
    As for playing both and what that makes you: Depends on your behaviour. I too play both.
    Yeah you are right on that one, I was trying to point out the social factors while encountering strangers. This for me is one of the reasons I love private. Me? I will try to save someone getting stumped by mobs, buff everyone I see, give some gear/bags/potions to people who are struggling. I am that guy standing in Goldshire giving away 40bags I just crafted. Now I could do the same on retail but it would be almost meaningless.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeha, that'd go down well.

Like a 1k playerbase. I think we all cancelled sub at one point.
    I petty the guy who let he's game time run out for 6 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Legendix187- View Post
    Yeah you are right on that one, I was trying to point out the social factors while encountering strangers. This for me is one of the reasons I love private. Me? I will try to save someone getting stumped by mobs, buff everyone I see, give some gear/bags/potions to people who are struggling. I am that guy standing in Goldshire giving away 40bags I just crafted. Now I could do the same on retail but it would be almost meaningless.

- - - Updated - - -

Like a 1k playerbase. I think we all cancelled sub at one point.
    And I play "Santa" every year on Live servers, sending excess bags/gold/mounts/pets I get from the event to players I confirm are completely new to the game, or trading them to players. I will send gold I make on others servers than "my main 2" to new players/trade them with said new player if they're online.

I'd argue it's no more or less "meaningless" than anything else to be friendly and giving, regardless of the server/iteration. ^^