Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Developer Q&A with Ion Hazzikostas

See the front page for a recap.
    Last edited by chaud; 2017-11-16 at 08:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those 3 "preset" Azerite slots which won't Titanforge won't solve the Titanforging system. In Legion we had our Artifact (which often were 2 items) so we only have 1 "more" item which can't Titanforge if you compare both Expansions.
    Those saying it's actually a good thing and it'll solve Titanforging forget that there are still +- 12 slots (including Weapons) which can Titanforge, thus not really solving the Loot-RNG problem in regards to people who want to be "done" with their Character at a given point in regards to gearing.

There will be one appearance per armor
    Not a fan, but I guess we'll see how they look. Hopefully they'll be better than the ones in WoD.

For the Nightfallen, Exalted is required, but in practice you can play through the Suramar campaign and unlock them. The barriers to the story have been removed.
    That's false, none of the quests after the scenario give rep and the main quests won't give you enough to hit exalted.

Are they saying they make no Warrior, Paladin and Death Knight set but just one overall Plate set? In that case, disgusting idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevano View Post
    Are they saying they make no Warrior, Paladin and Death Knight set but just one overall Plate set? In that case, disgusting idea.
    That's exactly what they are saying. Which is an aweful idea. They are basically going to create 1/3 as many armor sets per tier now instead lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevano View Post
    Yes. Same idea as the LFR sets in WoD.

Deleted
    No legendaries in BFA. Good news.

So much for your philosophy of it being worth the frustration of not getting a good leggo for ages and the minor relief when you finally get one. See how that turned out, Blizzard?

10+ Year Old Account
    My dream of having updated thunderfury appearance on a warrior has been crushed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    That's exactly what they are saying. Which is an aweful idea. They are basically going to create 1/3 as many armor sets per tier now instead lol.
    I got the impression they're doing tier sets for all classes except they'll be themed to the raid, not that there's only a leather, mail, cloth and plate set.

Deleted
    I dont get why they dont make different forms for Zandalari druids.
    There is so mutch potential to go with the dino theme.

Legendary Items
    There will be far fewer legendary items in the future compared to Legion.
    The team is open to doing them similar to older legendary items, where something is very special and unique.
    There are currently no plans for any legendary items in BfA.
    ?? I don't get it there

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    ?? I don't get it there
    They were saying there won't be 8000 legendaries but they also don't have any ideas for any yet so they're not going to say there will be X amount or any at all.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "If the team was to drop the Mythic size to 15, many groups would be happy, but your roster would shrink over time, and you would eventually be back to the problem of not having enough people once again."

What a nice "no perfect solution" fallacy. They are not going to make lots of people happy, because it wouldn't be perfect.

" The team would like to look at opening cross-realm Mythic raiding earlier than the next tier. It is important to protect realm firsts and other things, but after being open for a while there are reasons to let cross-realm mythic raids occur. "

Like they give a shit about our realms, cut the crap Blizzard 90% of the realms being low pop should be enough to show they give no fucks at all.

Wow... most retarded answer ever, in any Q&A... We're not telling how Aman'thul's and other trinkets drop.... thanks ion for fucking over planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    ?? I don't get it there
    At first I was confused too, but in the first statement I think "in the future" means that even past BfA they haven't made a decision with legendary items.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I forgot if it was mentioned or not but are allied races only accessible after you hit 120 or are they good to go right away providing you hit the other pre-requisites such as rep?

It feels like Josh Allen didn't watch Blizzcon. A lot of these questions were already answered there...

It really feels like he ran out of time to be selective with these questions today.
    Last edited by Caerule; 2017-11-16 at 07:53 PM.