Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Depends which you mean, I actually like half of them. Zandalari, Highmountain and Dark Iron and I will make for each one I will make a character. But in case of druid class it's more tricky to me. Nothing should be pushed by force, if they can't do something right then they should drop it. really.

As for races, well I'm not a big fan of elves and I guess I have elven fatigue.
    I wanted them to be implemented as unlockable extended customisation options >_>

I simply don't like the way they're done...

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    I wanted them to be implemented as unlockable extended customisation options >_>

I simply don't like the way they're done...
    Well let's see how it works out first.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

At the very least then they should try to make Direhorn for guardian form. For feral they could use jaguar form and it would still somehow fit.
    They could use already existing model and animations, just rename few skills (but add original name in the bracket) and it would somehow work.

But if they refuse to do this little to make this combo believeable then they shouldn't even add this as there was no other support for Zandalari druids.
    Maybe. How do you justify anything other than feral* form zandalari trolls, though? (*meaning, guardian and feral)

Honestly, Zandalari Druids are a pretty big stretch -- even if they had dino forms somehow, it wouldn't make sense in lore beyond feral forms, really. Why do they have moonkin form? Why do they have space lasers? Why do they have druidic-healing magic?

My best guess is that they have vague ties to magic similar to druidism (not necessarily dinomancy) and learn proper druidism from their darkspear or tauren friends. Honestly, it's even a bit odd that highmountain tauren can be druids, given that the tauren learned from night elves. I have to assume all of them are being taught.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Maybe. How do you justify anything other than feral* form zandalari trolls, though? (*meaning, guardian and feral)

Honestly, Zandalari Druids are a pretty big stretch -- even if they had dino forms somehow, it wouldn't make sense in lore beyond feral forms, really. Why do they have moonkin form? Why do they have space lasers? Why do they have druidic-healing magic?

My best guess is that they have vague ties to magic similar to druidism (not necessarily dinomancy) and learn proper druidism from their darkspear or tauren friends. Honestly, it's even a bit odd that highmountain tauren can be druids, given that the tauren learned from night elves. I have to assume all of them are being taught.
    Well moonkin only fits night elves anyway, it can be glyphed out and using nature/ arcane spells could somehow work. For resto you no longer have to be in tree form all the time.
    And how to justify it? As usual "Loas give powers". Troll deities are very diverse and can revard their followers with various powers, especially nature ones as Loas are in the end Wild Gods.

But personally I really woldn't mind if Zandies didn't have druids at all. I'd rather if devs would redesign Darkspear forms instead (nd give them race specific glyph to morph to direhorn) and give Zandalari paladins class. It could show how both tribes channel Loa powers in different way.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Deleted
    I have to say I was (and I am) hyper-hyped about this expansion but no way that "1 set per armor type" is a good idea. I already hate that blue sets right now are this way. They can do sets inspired in the zone AND in class, it doesn't need to be one way. Look at Antorus Hunter set, is huntery and naga, so it would have fit in this expansion, in Azshara's raid. It's not that difficult. The Antorus shaman one is also more suited to the Zandalari raid.

and give Zandalari paladins class
    No. Just no. Zandalari 'freethinkers' are not paladins. The entire concept was to imply that there are Zandalari that chose to stand for their beliefs instead of participating in traditional zandalari culture. They had some traits of paladins, but not their abilities. More practically, it was an excuse to justify tier gear in Zul'Gurub for paladins. It's no surprise that these 'freethinkers' were never heard of ever again past that point.

You might as well ask for lightforged draenei warlocks at this point.

No. Just no. Zandalari 'freethinkers' are not paladins. The entire concept was to imply that there are Zandalari that chose to stand for their beliefs instead of participating in traditional zandalari culture. They had some traits of paladins, but not their abilities. More practically, it was an excuse to justify tier gear in Zul'Gurub for paladins. It's no surprise that these 'freethinkers' were never heard of ever again past that point.

You might as well ask for lightforged draenei warlocks at this point.
    That is not comparable lol,
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=69927/zan...late#abilities

Those mobs are harnessing powers of Loa, they're a thing. This is not singular NPC but actual military unit. And it fits this race as they're priest/ scholar society, their city is big temple complex.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by dumkin View Post
    What if they instead turned down the power gap per ilvl? A 10-20 ilvl difference would mean a 10% damage difference, which would mean high skilled players would be able to narrow the gap even further. Today, your skill in playing affects the ability to perform a lot less due to the power level of gear. I personally think that doing the same amount of damage as a whole raid only 2 tiers ago (in the same expansion) is insane. (EN vs ToS)
    That's not really true, though, man. This is because performance is relative.

Each tier when a new raid goes up you'll go through wclogs and see that the people with 90p+ parses are simply outperforming others. This applies to both the Overall and iLvL rankings.

So what I'm saying is that if you, today, are parsing 80p and are putting our more damage than an entire Raid Group from two Tiers ago that's well and good, but you are still competing against other players are who seeing those same big TF rolls and as a result your true skill is still being surfaced.

I think what you're trying to comment on is the number-bloat that the game is seeing (~3 Million Executes? lol), which is a different Problem Statement altogether. One that I completely agree with: I'm totally with you on this, but I think you replied to my post which was meant to speak to the other problem (It's cool, dude!) It's fun to feel like your character is becoming more powerful and can do more stuff, faster just because they are stronger -- that's great feedback from a game!

The problem I'm having now is that the numbers are (again) getting super wonky. It's to the point where the numbers don't even feel personal any more -- they're just out there in comic book land. This is why the developers are pushing their second item squish into the game to bring these back to readable values. The other, possibly more exciting thing they're doing is iLvL Squish. This will make it so that we're not running around with ilvl 1400 gear by the end of BfA, and is a good chance.

So, my point: Even in this new system your skill (relative to others) will be visible, and would require an extreme amount of TF luck to be able to change it -- even then, if you're not skilled and are not making the right decisions situationally you're not going to break the highest percentiles.
    I enjoy a variety of games, but prefer those that have a core system of progression. If you found my comment helpful, let me know! If you believe I can improve my style of communication, let me know!
    WoW: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rimes/advanced - WCLogs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...est#bracket=-1 - FFXIV: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...cter/11002859/

That is not comparable lol,
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=69927/zan...late#abilities

Those mobs are harnessing powers of Loa, they're a thing. This is not singular NPC but actual military unit. And it fits this race as they're priest/ scholar society, their city is big temple complex.
    That's the only iteration of a 'troll paladin' I've ever seen or heard of. It's a huge stretch, but at least it has some vague sense of ground to stand on. I still think it would be ridiculous to add it based off of the concept of 'free-thinkers', or this single npc, but it's nice to see at least a case where something indirectly related to the concept of troll paladins actually existed.

I still am heavily against it, but slightly less than I was previously.

That's the only iteration of a 'troll paladin' I've ever seen or heard of. It's a huge stretch, but at least it has some vague sense of ground to stand on. I still think it would be ridiculous to add it based off of the concept of 'free-thinkers', or this single npc, but it's nice to see at least a case where something indirectly related to the concept of troll paladins actually existed.

I still am heavily against it, but slightly less than I was previously.
    Well I would agree with you in regards of freethinkers, as it doesn't even sounds as class. Prelate is another story, I like the idea behind this class, and that it's not like Holy Light Church stuff, but warrior that serves with zeal his religion that is Loa Pantheon and he is there to protect the high priests and carry Loa's will, no matter if it would be seen as good or evil by outsiders.

I'd love if few spells would be renamed in a way that let's say you have Mark of Loa and in bracers you would have original name. Similar to Heroism in Alliance where the original name was Blood Lust.

Combine that Zandalari live in golden city temple complex, and they can have mounts covered in gold aswell (like this dino mummy in golden amulets :

And with the heritage armor they would look amazing.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Well I would agree with you in regards of freethinkers, as it doesn't even sounds as class. Prelate is another story, I like the idea behind this class, and that it's not like Holy Light Church stuff, but warrior that serves with zeal his religion that is Loa Pantheon and he is there to protect the high priests and carry Loa's will, no matter if it would be seen as good or evil by outsiders.

I'd love if few spells would be renamed in a way that let's say you have Mark of Loa and in bracers you would have original name. Similar to Heroism in Alliance where the original name was Blood Lust.

Combine that Zandalari live in golden city temple complex, and they can have mounts covered in gold aswell (like this dino mummy in golden amulets : [removed image]

And with the heritage armor they would look amazing.
    I will say that if any troll could have something akin to royal knights or paladins, it would be the Zandalari. They have always been and always will be the most advanced and ancient troll culture. Maybe they could have paladins, but it would still be one hell of a stretch. I will admit, though, that this is literally the only class that could feasibly separate Zandalari from trolls (as opposed to Zandalari just having less classes that Darkspear all have access to). Since, you know, Darkspear can be every class except for paladins and demon hunters, and the latter will obviously never be playable on any troll race.

That doesn't need to be done, though, and isn't being done for Lightforged Draenei, Highmountain Tauren, or presumably Dark Iron (unless Dark Iron suddenly get access to druids or demon hunters, lol). Even Void elves are using the same classes blood elves have access to, minus paladins, death knights, and demon hunters. Only nightborne -- if compared to night elves and not blood elves -- have classes to differentiate themselves.

In short, I still highly doubt it will ever happen, but I'm not entirely against the concept. I still think it's a poor fit, but not one that would really upset me if it happened. It would still need to be done right, and done convincingly. I will admit that you make the idea sound like it could work, troll paladins aren't a complete joke combination to me like draenei warlocks, undead shaman, dark iron druids, etc now, just a highly unlikely one.
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2017-11-27 at 07:20 AM.

I will say that if any troll could have something akin to royal knights or paladins, it would be the Zandalari. They have always been and always will be the most advanced and ancient troll culture.
    Yeah this is why, if troll paladin would be a thing, then it would only fit a Zandalari as they managed to keep their empire in pristine form, other troll tribes had to forsake order and live in riches because of constant strife with other races, and be more into pure survival way of living. This is why I would agree that it wouldn't fit other troll tribes, as they don't even have a means to properly train them.

Maybe they could have paladins, but it would still be one hell of a stretch.
    I disagree, they have much better background than Sunwalkers, even if I like the concept of Sunwalker, but not really the way they were introduced and how they were handled. Zandalari has much better chance to be done right.

I will admit, though, that this is literally the only class that could feasibly separate Zandalari from trolls (as opposed to Zandalari just having less classes that Darkspear all have access to).
    Yea, I would rather for Zandalari to have paladins than druids, and leave druids to Darkspears to show those two tribes harness power of Loa in different. Darkspears surely also have Shadow Hunters, but I doubt Blizzard would use their potential seeing how they wasted their most prominent one without even having one cinematic that would show what kind of powers they have.

Since, you know, Darkspear can be every class except for paladins and demon hunters, and the latter will obviously never be playable on any troll race.
    Well Zandalari had Demoniacs, that work similar, but truth to be told, I'd rather for trolls to stay away from fel/demon crap.

In short, I still highly doubt it will ever happen, but I'm not entirely against the concept.
    Well I have my hopes based on leaked mounts. Three default raptors + one with extra tag "Gold". It made me believe that this will be unique paladin mount.

I still think it's a poor fit, but not one that would really upset me if it happened.
    I understand that you prefer Paladin to be more human aligned stuff, that when you hear Paladin you think of cathedrals and the Holy Light. But this is also the reason why I couldn't level one past lvl 30 althought I did tried on every alliance race. And to me on the other hand Alliance shamans except pandaren does't feel right at all to me. Neither of them is tribal or primal. Pandaren at least have special bound with elementals and their balance mentality works fine for me.

It would still need to be done right, and done convincingly. I will admit that you make the idea sound like it could work, troll paladins aren't a complete joke combination to me like draenei warlocks, undead shaman, dark iron druids, etc now, just a highly unlikely one.
    As I said I would understand your issue if it would be about other troll tribes, but not Zandalari. It really fits their culture, they have a background for it, and with Heritage armor they will look truly outstanding, take some weapons from ToT and + golden raptor and we're at home. Go and fight for the empire, smite down the heathens that defy Loa's will and protect the High Priests.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevano View Post
    Are they saying they make no Warrior, Paladin and Death Knight set but just one overall Plate set? In that case, disgusting idea.
    They are saying that they will makes sets based on where they come from - based on who we are looting them from - which makes perfect sense. So instead of Warrior, Pally, and DK sets, we would have sets for each instance and each zone.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"