Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    No. Blizzard hates Warlocks too much to ever give us anything nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    I doubt it, the royally screwed up Demo and they were to lazy to fix it till the next expansion.
    You actually think they're going to fix anything for us in Battle for Azeroth? That's adorable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    No. Blizzard hates Warlocks too much to ever give us anything nice.

- - - Updated - - -

You actually think they're going to fix anything for us in Battle for Azeroth? That's adorable.
    Well they said they they were going to work on it while they said overall they're revamping every class like they've done for just about every expansion.

So hopefully they will axe DE or make it some kind of cooldown...best I can hope for

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Well they said they they were going to work on it while they said overall they're revamping every class like they've done for just about every expansion.

So hopefully they will axe DE or make it some kind of cooldown...best I can hope for
    They've said that in every expansion now and only one had genuinely enjoyable changes: Mists of Pandaria. Unless they're planning to revert us back to that point, it's safe to say they'll find a way to make the class even more unbearable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Every expansion there is usually a new demon look or 2 and it kinda sucks that we are stuck with so little options. You think they will ever implement a system where we can pick the look of our minions besides the sucky glyph system that they change every expansion or 2.
    I was first about to be outraged but then I took the guess, you mean cosmetic and not function?

I wouldn't mind being able to change out the type of demon but keep it in the family of that time - you know, infernal will still be huge hulking rocks with X colour or Y plating etc.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    I wouldn't mind having a void walker or infernal with more than half the health of a hunter's tenacity pet.
    Soul leech makes up for the HP difference. I always found my hunters tank speced pet with my hunter at 950 takes waaay more damage than my Warlocks tank pet does with the lock at 950.

- - - Updated - - -

They've said that in every expansion now and only one had genuinely enjoyable changes: Mists of Pandaria. Unless they're planning to revert us back to that point, it's safe to say they'll find a way to make the class even more unbearable.
    Only thing that made demo great in MoP was the Lei Shin (sp?) trinket and that was pray to the RNG gods as fuck.

Blizz pls release animation updates already ;/

I'm hoping we don't see the animation update until prepatch because I'm hoping locks are going to see a significant overhaul and it'd make sense that we haven't gotten our animations yet because of that.

Its pretty much the only thing I'm holding onto at this point for the class.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

I don't feel optimistic about overhauls. I'll settle for them deleting Lord of Flames and never coming up with such an atrociously implemented feature ever again for the spec. Why it was never made a separate button like Sindragosa's Fury is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I'm hoping we don't see the animation update until prepatch because I'm hoping locks are going to see a significant overhaul and it'd make sense that we haven't gotten our animations yet because of that.

Its pretty much the only thing I'm holding onto at this point for the class.
    They already said the updates would be in the prepatch - but I doubt Destruction or Affliction will get any sort of overhaul. I guess it depends on what you consider 'significant' though.

Quote Originally Posted by FertsBlert View Post
    So you'd like all Warlock pets to have exactly the same stats and abilities and for them to be basically a skin for an unreliable DoT?

Yeah nah, think i'll stick with having different demons you know.

Also 'lock 'pets' are not pets. They are intelligent creatures warlocks are forcing to do their bidding via a contract of some sort or outright enslavement.
    this...very much this. thank you.

many people dont understand this with warlocks and it doesnt help that they are called "pets". This gives a sense of what hunters have. Hunter pets are nothing more than wild animals that have gained the trust of their master, and they give their trust and companionship in return. its like owing a dog.

Warlocks on the other hand, hate their demons, and in turn, their demons hate them for their enslavement. However, ive always felt they still have a mutual respect for each other.

Im absolutely fine with not befriending a demon and continuing to use them as disposable tools of war.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaman View Post
    They already said the updates would be in the prepatch - but I doubt Destruction or Affliction will get any sort of overhaul. I guess it depends on what you consider 'significant' though.
    Pretty much nothing about destructions artifact or legendaries are integral to how it plays that they would be kept, in fact a lot of it is counter to what players have been asking for the whole xpac. You couple that with destructions talents being in an extremely bad place and what Watcher has said about what they're going to do with talents and I'd be hard pressed to not see it get overhauled.

Affliction is currently completely tied to the artifact which they would need to grandfather in, which is its own entire can of worms both mechanically and lore wise. Its also got that wod demo issue of it being good at everything leaving no room for the other specs to exist. If they don't redesign it, its going to continue to be an issue in the future and I can't fathom they'd let this continue into the next xpac(Though I also didn't imagine they'd let this go on for 3 raids in a row). That's not to mention that generally UA as a spender has been poorly received. I'd again be surprised if they leave it as is and don't make some fairly hefty changes.

We'll see though, if the class goes into BFA looking anything like it did in legion I'm probably going to be forced to hang up my warlock hat, because legion is the least fun I've had with my warlock in all my time in wow. Which is a shame, because the last 2 xpacs were the most fun I've had on my warlock.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2017-12-10 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vaeevictiss View Post

Warlocks on the other hand, hate their demons, and in turn, their demons hate them for their enslavement. However, ive always felt they still have a mutual respect for each other.

Yeah i don't exactly want us to be more hunter-like; but I gotta admit, I really love my imp. Always have. And i'm pretty sure he loves me too.
    Last edited by Liarparadox; 2017-12-10 at 10:14 PM.

this...very much this. thank you.

many people dont understand this with warlocks and it doesnt help that they are called "pets". This gives a sense of what hunters have. Hunter pets are nothing more than wild animals that have gained the trust of their master, and they give their trust and companionship in return. its like owing a dog.

Im absolutely fine with not befriending a demon and continuing to use them as disposable tools of war.
    Yeah - there are probably ways they could expand the variety of demons by adding options for more skins and colors - like what they did with the two Succubi glyphs this expac. But they will never make it so warlocks can go and enslave any demon out in the wild as a permanent pet. And there are some lore issues surrounding having things like a Pit Lord or Dreadlord as a permanent minion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Pretty much nothing about destructions artifact or legendaries are integral to how it plays that they would be kept, in fact a lot of it is counter to what players have been asking for the whole xpac. You couple that with destructions talents being in an extremely bad place and what Watcher has said about what they're going to do with talents and I'd be hard pressed to not see it get overhauled.

Affliction is currently completely tied to the artifact which they would need to grandfather in, which is its own entire can of worms both mechanically and lore wise. Its also got that wod demo issue of it being good at everything leaving no room for the other specs to exist. If they don't redesign it, its going to continue to be an issue in the future and I can't fathom they'd let this continue into the next xpac(Though I also didn't imagine they'd let this go on for 3 raids in a row). That's not to mention that generally UA as a spender has been poorly received. I'd again be surprised if they leave it as is and don't make some fairly hefty changes.
    I agree with all your points and I hope they're addressed. But to me an 'overhaul' means more along the lines of what they did to Demonology, Survival, Combat - where the entire kit changes. In all likelihood Destruction will still cast Immolate, Conflagrate, Incinerate, Chaos Bolt, and Rain of Fire as it's main spells. Affliction will still have Corruption, Agony, UA, some sort of drain, and SoC as its main spells (and I hope Haunt becomes baseline again). There's still hopefully a lot of room to adjust talents and the general spells within that framework - and I suppose at that point arguing about whether it's an 'overhaul' or not is arguing semantics.

@Jaman Demonology was completely redesigned, its on another level than what an overhaul would be (overhaul meaning something along the lines of "to examine and make necessary repairs").

But yeah, with what they've talked about class design in general is going to require more changes than they've made it sound like they plan to do. With what Watcher said about talents there stands to be pretty significant change for a lot of specs via talents alone, and then getting rid of artifacts and legendaries there's that much more change to come, then you factor in whatever they're adding with the new neck and what powers that brings and I mean. Change is gonna come.

I just hope its not another expansion where most warlock specs are stuck on one niche and are utterly useless overall, which is why other classes that make for better generalists get picked (why grab a destro lock where a marksman hunter can fulfill priority target damage and do a metric shit ton more aoe and cleave, bring an immunity for mechanics and have much more mobility).

Even affliction before Nighhold was a niche mess where you brought it for dragons and then it was shit everywhere else. Demo is a straight up high ramp up spec with no aoe and despite all its limitations it aint even in top 3 ST classes.

I don't want the lock/shadow priest scenarios where the spec is so niche for a raid or dungeon function while there are specs with no such limitations. I'd rather feel ok in everything than godly in a single niche but totally useless in most of the content (rain of fire being so useless and weak for the resources it takes is just unacceptable).

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Only thing that made demo great in MoP was the Lei Shin (sp?) trinket and that was pray to the RNG gods as fuck.
    I'm not talking about pointless, arbitrary numbers. I'm talking about mechanics, spells, etc. that actually determine whether a class is fun or not.

I'm not talking about pointless, arbitrary numbers. I'm talking about mechanics, spells, etc. that actually determine whether a class is fun or not.
    Which is all subjective.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Which is all subjective.
    There's nothing subjective about this garbage being garbage.

But none of this addresses the point that his post was addressing - the idea that demon damage could be normalized to allow us to pick whichever demon we want, rather than being forced to use one or the other.

It's entirely possible to preserve the enslavement fantasy between warlocks and their demons while promoting player choice. For instance... why can't I go to any old demon in the world and enslave it the same way a hunter tames a pet? As long as the spell is called Enslave Demon, what's the problem?

There's nothing subjective about this garbage being garbage.
    Still subjective.