Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    You looking to get rich and famous in music or are you just happy to make music and make a living, knew a guy who wasn't really well known but traveled a bit and said that was all he wanted, a decent following, and enough to live off of.

Yeah I am ok with baking because I have done some pretty simple stuff and bought a bread maker, so I am not sure I would credit myself with cooking all that much.
    I haven't made a single cent off of music. All the money we make goes into a joint fund to produce more recordings and more merch, which just supports the recordings. Self sustaining itself is good enough for me.

The studio gig I have coming up is supposed to be paid, but really, I am just going to give her the money back in some way. I don't want it, I just want the joy of helping her release a full length album that she is happy with. I'm sort of a hippie in that sense with music. I happily give it away for free, and want it to be shared for free.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I haven't made a single cent off of music. All the money we make goes into a joint fund to produce more recordings and more merch, which just supports the recordings. Self sustaining itself is good enough for me.

The studio gig I have coming up is supposed to be paid, but really, I am just going to give her the money back in some way. I don't want it, I just want the joy of helping her release a full length album that she is happy with. I'm sort of a hippie in that sense with music. I happily give it away for free, and want it to be shared for free.
    Starving artist, I dig it, well if there is ever a point some you want to share hit me with a message, I'll give a listen and support.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Hobbies:

Animals, hamsters and dogs and fish tanks mostly
    Games, WoW takes most of my time but I love many games
    Hiking
    Being out in nature overall

Interests:

Nature
    Animals
    Science
    Music
    Books
    Languages
    History
    Medicine
    Psychology
    Crime
    Movies/TV shows
    Charity work
    Economics

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Starving artist, I dig it, well if there is ever a point some you want to share hit me with a message, I'll give a listen and support.
    *Points at signature* Links are below! lol

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    I have pretty dull hobbies:
    - Powerlifting;
    - Skateboarding;
    - Cooking, baking and sweets in particular;
    - Programming, although I prefer not to do the same stuff I do at work;
    - Learning languages, so far I speak 3 at good enough level, I kinda gave up on 1 and I'm learning 1 more now, so ideally I'd like to speak 4 languages on more or less equal level.

I recently (well, ~1y ago) got into yoga because I need to work on mobility and muscle engagement to perform better in powerlifting, I also messed up my knee not so long ago, so it helps w/ it too >_>
    Oh, I adore learning foreign languages too! Which ones can you speak? Personally I know German and at the current time I'm trying to learn Norwegian, it's not for work but only for myself, I got interest in it because of some my fav music bands
    I like cooking too, it's such a creative activity for me. And I'm rather good in this (well my friends and family prove this) but baking is a hard thing for me, it's the ones type in which I'm not good at all
    Reading is one of my favourite hobbies too, for me it's awesome type of relax and making my mood better, especially after the working day. I try to write sometimes my own fiction too, however I don't publish at anywhere, I show it only my friends. Drawing also belongs to my hobby, I hope that in future I will have more free time for it and I will be able to visit art studio for improving my skills Making models, including assembling wooden ones https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...5/wood-trick-0 is my another small passion, I have already a rather big collection, well most items in it were gifts from my friends. Diving, parkour and travelling belong to my hobbies too, I totally adore these ones for that amazing experience which they always give me, it's unreal!
    Btw, is skateboarding very hard for newbies? I'm thinking sometimes about trying it too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP7k4LXM1rE&t=1m5s

Wish forums updated to allow specific time embedding.

Quote Originally Posted by Adelsten View Post
    Oh, I adore learning foreign languages too! Which ones can you speak? Personally I know German and at the current time I'm trying to learn Norwegian, it's not for work but only for myself, I got interest in it because of some my fav music bands
    I speak Russian, English and Mandarin Chinese equally shitty

Russian is my native language, however, I have an accent in Russian, tend to use some words incorrectly and have a lot of archaic words in my vocabulary because I don't speak it that often, but I read Russian classics.

Chinese is the language I learnt from my father, later in my life I moved to China, but now I live in Siam. Here I often talk to people who speak dialects or even broken Chinese, and it negatively affects my Mandarin T_T

As for my English, there's quite many people who speak Chinglish and Denglish at work. Even native speakers start speaking broken English after working in such environment for few months. They often don't even notice it until it's too late >_>

I used to speak German quite okayishly, but, unfortunately, that's the language I gave up on.

And finally couple of years ago I realised that I LOVED Spanish. The way it sounds... it's music to my Russian-Chinese ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Adelsten View Post
    Btw, is skateboarding very hard for newbies? I'm thinking sometimes about trying it too.
    It depends. IMHO, your sense of balance is the most important factor here. You should also try surfing
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-11-22 at 07:33 AM.

Deleted
    Besides gaming... (mainly a pvper)

Piano (9 years, started at age 16 now I'm 25)
    Music producing under "Killigrew" (done for just as long, and it's been my full-time "job", I don't know if it counts as job but it's paid my rent and food for over 3 years)
    Hiking (I love forests, fields and mountains, it gives me strength, inspiration, purpose and recently I moved to the Tatra mountains in southern Poland from Sweden for this)
    History (I'm an information junkie, I can't stop myself from reading for hours sometimes, I love learning and it's probably why I got into music aswell long ago)
    Fantasy/Adventure TV-series (I watch it all, you name it, atleast 6-7 weekly shows depending on season, GoT, Walking Dead, Outlander etc
    Only a little bit of anime (Maybe 2 series per year, nothing much but I enjoy Attack on Titan!)

New interests
    Cryptocurrency (I actually wanted to get into this back when the Bitcoin was still worth only 100 euro... but now I'm actually learning and starting to invest slowly into ethereum, I'm doing this very longterm and something interesting to check daily)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    *Points at signature* Links are below! lol
    2 of your songs cost 666 dollars ;_; watafak?

EDIT: I really really like "Kiss Me or Die" it's exactly the type of music I grew up with, or atleast similar. Really resonated with me and... do you ever listen to AFI if I may ask?

- - - Updated - - -

And I know how hard it is to make a living off music, especially as a band. It's almost impossible especially in the rock-metal genre. Thankfully when I tried to make a band 8 years ago I was so bad and such a beginner on piano/bass that nobody wanted me. Not even my closest childhood friend. But it lit a fire in me and I realized I can do anything I wanted as long as I put my everything into it. So I started composing on my own and I spent every free hour after and in school at a piano or infront cubase in the evenings. Thank GOD for that. I discovered piano driven/calm dubstep as early as 2011 and now I've released 8 full length solo albums. I achieved the unrealistic dream. I wish I could have a day job atleast part time though. Nobody wants someone without experience so I'll just keep writing music and do music production lessons ^^ it may sound good? But it's extremely stressful. The expectations are sometimes killing me. I really want to have a day job so I don't have any pressure. Sorry for rambling away, it's a tricky business. Some days I end up just playing WoW.

Funny thing it was actually Bajheera, Reckful, and other known WoW players who got my music out there in 2012. WoW and music has always gone hand in hand for me.
    Last edited by mmoc33a067f81f; 2017-11-22 at 04:45 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Video games
    Miniature painting
    Cooking
    Recently I’ve started dabbling in writing

Deleted
    Standard and Latin dancing, especially Tango Argentino and Bachata
    Cooking
    Gardening
    PC gaming
    Micro electronics
    Programming

Mineral collecting. it's been an obsession ever since my father took me to a rock and mineral show decades ago. I try to diversify my collection, but I tend to pick out my favorites more often than not, albeit from different locations. I have a nice collection of sphalerite, calcite, and hemimorphite from all over the world. Here is one of my favorite calcite specimens from the San Antonio mine in mexico.
    Last edited by Tulune; 2017-11-22 at 07:18 AM.

Deleted
    Gaming
    Masturbating
    Anti-SJW actions

Hobbies:

Cooking (WoW and Hearthstone cookbook FTW), drawing, writing - and video games (duh)

Interests:

Music (would like to start playing an instrument at some point), hiking, art, reading, literature
    Last edited by Theoris; 2017-11-23 at 10:51 PM.

Gaming (mostly LoL and War Thunder these days)
    RC flying
    BMX
    Full size glider flying - not done for a couple of years but looking to get back into it and maybe start learning to fly microlights
    Driving my GF around (do it enough that it may as well be a hobby)
    Reading
    Little bit of horse riding
    Moaning about the youth of today

Scale modeling, more specifically 18th century ships of the line.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

International law.
    Trade
    Watching Steven Universe and a bunch of other CN shows
    Wow
    Movies I guess
    Cycling
    Checkers

Thats about it.
    Last edited by Mittens; 2017-11-22 at 11:15 AM.

Deleted
    My hobbies and interests are currently limited to:
    - University (started a master's degree in Business Informatics additionally to a full-time job this year)
    - My 2nd "job" - (helping a friend launch a mobile app by supporting him with analysis)
    - My 3rd "job" - web analytics, building macros in VBA, helping out another friend with his project
    - WoW - AP clear every 1-2 days + 3 raids a week

All work and no play makes Zmago a very dull boy, i guess. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killigrew View Post
    Besides gaming... (mainly a pvper)

Piano (9 years, started at age 16 now I'm 25)
    Music producing under "Killigrew" (done for just as long, and it's been my full-time "job", I don't know if it counts as job but it's paid my rent and food for over 3 years)
    Hiking (I love forests, fields and mountains, it gives me strength, inspiration, purpose and recently I moved to the Tatra mountains in southern Poland from Sweden for this)
    History (I'm an information junkie, I can't stop myself from reading for hours sometimes, I love learning and it's probably why I got into music aswell long ago)
    Fantasy/Adventure TV-series (I watch it all, you name it, atleast 6-7 weekly shows depending on season, GoT, Walking Dead, Outlander etc
    Only a little bit of anime (Maybe 2 series per year, nothing much but I enjoy Attack on Titan!)

New interests
    Cryptocurrency (I actually wanted to get into this back when the Bitcoin was still worth only 100 euro... but now I'm actually learning and starting to invest slowly into ethereum, I'm doing this very longterm and something interesting to check daily)

- - - Updated - - -

2 of your songs cost 666 dollars ;_; watafak?

EDIT: I really really like "Kiss Me or Die" it's exactly the type of music I grew up with, or atleast similar. Really resonated with me and... do you ever listen to AFI.
    Glad you liked it! This was a Kitchen Recording job for $50, which is why it sounds low quality. The price is just for a joke. As it is only a 2 song demo to show promoters and bookers what we sound like.

And yeah, the singer and I are totally inspired by bands like AFI, Offspring, NoFX and so on.

Deleted
    - Climbing
    - Hiking
    - Cartography

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fighting games--mainly SFV.
    Fishing.
    Always looking for new shit to do/try.