Frost gear setup in Antorus

So the SimC profile is running 2P T20 and 4P T21. Is that the optimal gear setup in terms of tier this upcoming raid?

Deleted
    yup.
    unless you get a stupidly high titanforged T19, it should be like that.

As always keep checking that as things progress and be ready for it to change.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Won't be for me since I run GS. Might be 2 and 2 but not sure yet.

I have a 955 helm and 945 gloves, i think the sim used gloves+cloak. Is t20 helm gloves going to be ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Windirmere View Post
    I have a 955 helm and 945 gloves, i think the sim used gloves+cloak. Is t20 helm gloves going to be ok?
    The main reason, why the sim uses gloves+ cloak, is because from tier pieces, they have the least amount of stats. This is fairly important, because there is 30 ilevel difference between ToS mythic and Antorus mythic.. And at the same time, the only stat we really don't want is Mastery.

So as the helm you have is stupidly high Ilevel and it doesn't have mastery, expect to keep it on for the rest of the expansion.. Barring higher Titanforge from old tier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    The main reason, why the sim uses gloves+ cloak, is because from tier pieces, they have the least amount of stats. This is fairly important, because there is 30 ilevel difference between ToS mythic and Antorus mythic.. And at the same time, the only stat we really don't want is Mastery.

So as the helm you have is stupidly high Ilevel and it doesn't have mastery, expect to keep it on for the rest of the expansion.. Barring higher Titanforge from old tier.
    Helm is likely to throw you way over shatter crit cap too. I'm looking likely to go into Antorus with Helm/Cloak from T20 (935/940) but expect to need to manage crit rating a bit on rings/neck. Can't wait to drop this stinking T19...

Quote Originally Posted by Gammonflaps View Post
    Helm is likely to throw you way over shatter crit cap too. I'm looking likely to go into Antorus with Helm/Cloak from T20 (935/940) but expect to need to manage crit rating a bit on rings/neck. Can't wait to drop this stinking T19...
    Maybe, but with Titanforging in the game, it's mighty unlikely, that you won't have high ilevel haste-versa gear laying around in your bags in a few weeks/a month into the patch.

Deleted
    Or we cut the crap for once, don't lock us behind 10 mandatory bis items again and might get the joy of upgrades more then once a month.

Be with me guys and kick t20 and t19 in the ass, once we have our new set. Just for the freedom and independence of gear choice!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcadeBit View Post
    Or we cut the crap for once, don't lock us behind 10 mandatory bis items again and might get the joy of upgrades more then once a month.

Be with me guys and kick t20 and t19 in the ass, once we have our new set. Just for the freedom and independence of gear choice!
    Ya no. That's just fucking stupid.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

"just be worse and do less damage to show that i hate tier sets!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    "just be worse and do less damage to show that i hate tier sets!"
    Gear is just a tool, how you use it, is more important. I will go for it, if I am below 2M DPS in the third week, I might reconsider my choice.

Deleted
    It's really ridicuous how blizzard allowed both sets bonuses to work at the same time. Really poor thought process on their part.

Gear is just a tool, how you use it, is more important. I will go for it, if I am below 2M DPS in the third week, I might reconsider my choice.
    sorry but thats just patently wrong. if player A and player B have the same skill level but player A has tier bonuses on you then theyll win every time by a large margin.
    Last edited by kheath812; 2017-11-30 at 02:13 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    sorry but thats just patently wrong. if player A and player B have the same skill level but player A has tier bonuses on you then theyll win every time by a large margin.
    Yeah good luck finding someone with the same "skill level". Even with the simplest rotation of a TV-Frost build, people fuck things up. Don't ask me how. Also the "Large margin" was at the end of T20 with high itemlevel vs T19 + T20 20k DPS in simcraft, 20k DPS is something I gladly give up because it is a difference of 1.5%. Proc luck makes a way bigger difference then this shit.