Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cateran View Post
    This..+1

(not to mention, Blizz pet A.I. is at least pathetic, more precisely abysmal...and then they gave an extra....priceless)
    You want to see abysmal AI check out the followers in D2. They can get lost 5 ft from you if you go around a corner or through a door, and the only way to fix it is to run so far away they despawn and snap back to you. A couple dungeon maps they're 100% useless cause you'll lose them 5ft in the door.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    You want to see abysmal AI check out the followers in D2. They can get lost 5 ft from you if you go around a corner or through a door, and the only way to fix it is to run so far away they despawn and snap back to you. A couple dungeon maps they're 100% useless cause you'll lose them 5ft in the door.
    2 system, when the pet follows my mivement all the time
    2follow order
    D2 is milllion years old...WoW pet AI is STILL abysmal, despite of many years "improvements".....I just can`t understand why can`t they do a simply "follow order" with the pet (ohh and keep them behind! me..) that itself could erase half of the issues...

Quote Originally Posted by cateran View Post
    2 system, when the pet follows my mivement all the time
    2follow order
    D2 is milllion years old...WoW pet AI is STILL abysmal, despite of many years "improvements".....I just can`t understand why can`t they do a simply "follow order" with the pet (ohh and keep them behind! me..) that itself could erase half of the issues...
    Don't forget to let them follow you down drops.
    http://darklegacycomics.com/508
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Personally, I like Hati because it’s the only way to have a pet based on cosmetics instead of abilities. They add mechanical pets and they are worthless because other pets can have Brez and Bloodlust. So you never rub anything other than those for PVE. And other pets have PvP uses.

So until they let us actually choose which pet we want, I like having my 2nd pet.

Unless they fix retarded pet ai i don't think ill be too upset to see back of Hati tbh

I will be glad to see Hati gone. One pet can cause enough AI trouble as it is lol.

1; Hati is a male. So's Skoll. They're brothers.
    2; Hati is only alive because it's on 'life support' via Titanstrike.

I personally don't like the implementation/execution of how this happened, and thus could not develop any connection to Hati. He's just an intruder in the perfectly harmonious relationship I had with my single pet. I understand why others like him and want to keep him, hell, I -want- to like him, but he's just...there. His background and introduction is bare bones at best. He has no personality developed, and no initial impact of impression other than 'ate the exploding frisbee because pet dogs do that', and Titanstrike happened to be a viable vessel to save his life. ...that doesn't magically conjure up a strong bond between me and him. Nevermind the whacked fact that he's already the pet dog of Thorim who doesn't seem to give a shit.

The pets I have are ones I've worked for (most of them are rares or other special pets), or pets that I really like...in short, pets I choose to have around. Hati could've been really cool given the legend he and Skoll comes from. This next bit is entirely in my own head, and personal tastes, but I think it would've been really cool if he could talk. Not actual talking, but just occasional whispers to you alone. Hati translates to 'He/One Who Hates', so he could make snarky remarks when you kill x amounts of certain types of enemies, or when you die, or threatening revenge on you when Hati is killed. It could've been a fun little thing as well if the traits on Titanstrike acted like a sort of reputation with him as well, like the whispers start out hostile, Hati treats it as a temporary arrangement, up until you reach x trait and it'll be neutral, y trait and he'll start to be more friendly, and finally z (concordance probably) and he'll be your bestie forever and ever. Oh, and Hati and Skoll are the sons of Fenrir, so a bit of dialogue there if you manage to tame Fenryr as BM could've been cool, but that's a very minor thing. /shrug

Anyway, now that my nerd-cringe piece is done, I personally don't mind him going away at all, but I think that BM hunters getting access to tame a spirit beast with the available skins that they unlocked from the artifact would be nice. That way it isn't really Hati, just lookalikes, and if you liked the skin, but disliked the inability to nickname Hati, then there you go.

I won't miss him, but I understand if others will.
    Last edited by Halyon; 2017-11-30 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    Aren't you 2cool and 2edgy
    Not in my opinion.

Deleted
    There's a Glyph that makes dire beast call pets from your stable, so you aren't calling random beasts that have no connection to you.

They could add a Glyph that gives you two pets but each one does 50% damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Chamual View Post
    There's a Glyph that makes dire beast call pets from your stable, so you aren't calling random beasts that have no connection to you.

That sounds too drastic a change for a glyph, as it goes beyond the purely cosmetic; what about tanking, for example?

Personally, I'm hoping they just convert the Hati mechanic into a talent, reasonably close to the alternative so the Hati haters aren't too mad.

10+ Year Old Account
    I couldn't care less about Hati. Good riddance.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    Make Beastmaster a dual wielding melee with multiple pets, pet abilities and basic attack rotation generators and spenders etc. I'd play BM in an instant.

Beastmaster:
    - core skills mongoose bite, flanking strike, carve, kill command, bestial wrath, harpoon, intimidation
    - can have 1 pet of each family out to assist

Instead we got some Lance wiggling spec with some random left over spells and animations.

The traps are just so bad and feel so bad to use they dont deserve a spec built around them, just move Traps besides Ice Trap to PVP talents.

Deleted
    je suis Hati

2016-2018

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    Make Beastmaster a dual wielding melee with multiple pets, pet abilities and basic attack rotation generators and spenders etc. I'd play BM in an instant.

Beastmaster:
    - core skills mongoose bite, flanking strike, carve, kill command, bestial wrath, harpoon, intimidation

Instead we got some Lance wiggling spec with some random left over spells and animations.

The traps are just so bad and feel so bad to use they dont deserve a spec built around them, just move Traps besides Ice Trap to PVP talents.
    Was saying this like 4 years ago. Survival should be a tank (no mail tanks in the game and also that name for it ) and BM dual wield melee with pets. MM only ranged spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post

Beastmaster:

No. They made survival melee and its probably the most hated/least played spec in the game ATM.

I've played BM spec since vanilla WoW, and have done so because I like being a ranged, physical dps with a powerful pet that is actually a threat to something. So kindly GTFO with that 'make BM melee' talk.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2017-12-06 at 02:28 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    je suis Hati

2016-2018

- - - Updated - - -

Was saying this like 4 years ago. Survival should be a tank (no mail tanks in the game and also that name for it ) and BM dual wield melee with pets. MM only ranged spec.
    yeah they just had to copy the template they already had in Rexxar to make a cool melee hunter spec..

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurin View Post
    Wait what, since when can you transmog pets??
    lol since beta. Talk to mimiron in your order hall. It's an amazing item, I've loved that aspect of BM
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Chamual View Post

No don't use that glyph, it is bugged and will lower your DPS.

While I liked Hati, I think I prefer that BM spec be a "very powerful pet, but only 1 pet" spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Growel View Post
    While I liked Hati, I think I prefer that BM spec be a "very powerful pet, but only 1 pet" spec.
    I get that, but there seems to be a substantial number of players who love having 2 pets, too.

Feels like a talent would be the best solution to cater to both.

Deleted
    Well...i kinda prefeer something like multiple pets (imagine having 3 pets at the same time for example, controling them) and not Hati, but i'm gonna miss that lightning wolf.