Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Theoretically, but I doubt they'd make talents that are 100% equal in performance just one with pet(s) and one without. That seems improbable both historically and because of balancing.

We already have things like Lone Wolf, but it's a DPS loss - so MMs who like pets are complaining even though they technically do have the option to go with a pet. I guess people want their cake and eat it, too.

100% equality across all preferences is just a pipe dream, it's never going to happen and it's an unrealistic expectation.
    100% equality isn't necessary, within margin of error would be fine.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    100% equality isn't necessary, within margin of error would be fine.
    You say that, and yet people are race changing or whatnot over ~1% dps increases. And it's unrealistic to expect consistent balance within a 1% margin from a talent. Most likely it would be a few percent difference, i.e. "it's mandatory" and "I can't play the way I want".

7+ Year Old Account
    I wish they had a talent row in BFA that lets you have two pets, or leaves you with one pet that is like super mega pet lol. I actually prefer running around with one pet... the two pet thing with one on the left and one on the right right now kind of slowly bothering me lol
    The above post should never be taken seriously in any shape or form. Failure to do so might result in laughing matters.

Technical reasons. I doubt it's very easy to just add a whole UI etc. for multiple pet control. It's probably an inordinate amount of work for a feature with very limited applications.

IF they ever go with double pet options for hunters, I would very much expect the second pet to not be under direct control. Probably mirroring the controls of the first pet, or just be on an autonomous script like Hati.
    This. Plus Hunter would be the only class with BL and BR at the same time - not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Janysa View Post
    This. Plus Hunter would be the only class with BL and BR at the same time - not going to happen.
    If it works like Hati, it's likely that you wouldn't be able to activate any abilities on the second pet. Just the damage, and the visuals - like Hati.

Pet AI is already horrible enough. Having 2 pets with horrible AI just doubled up the problem.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surgex View Post
    Who cares about hati, they should put harambe in game
    Haha that would be great. They need to put him in as an easteregg or something in the new expansion.
    A spirit beast gorilla called Harambe <The Lord and Savior>

But seriously, i would love to just have 2 of my own Pets at the same time instead of one plus Hati

Are we going to have to kill hati at the end for artifact??!!

Quote Originally Posted by MabusGaming View Post
    I wish they had a talent row in BFA that lets you have two pets, or leaves you with one pet that is like super mega pet lol. I actually prefer running around with one pet... the two pet thing with one on the left and one on the right right now kind of slowly bothering me lol
    i feel like the "Adaptation" talent in WoD was intended to be the "super mega pet" one, but i also think it sucked. i don't remember that far back, but i do remember that it basically combined all three pet specs (cunning/tenacity/ferocity) into one.

either way, i won't be sorry to to see hati go. i don't know why pet ai got so bad in legion (i swear it was better in mop/wod), but hati's ai is even worse than the main pet's ai, and the only enjoyment i get out of it is transmogging it to nice models. the sooner i can ditch the ugly dog, the better.

Personally. I won't really miss Hati in it's current shape, as the execution what kinda clunky; but I do hope he returns in a different form.

Personally I think the vision for BM was slightly off this expansion anyway. This expansion has portrayed BM hunter as a class controlling a lot of beasts. But in my eyes that's not a beastmaster hunter, that's some kind of weird druid spec calling nature to help him.
    A beastmaster hunter is a hunter that uses a loyal companion to help him in his hunts. It's you and 'your best buddy' against the world; not random beasts that get summoned out of nowhere.

That is why I applaud the change from Dire Beasts to Dire Frenzy baseline, it makes much more sense from a lore point of view. Without losing the pet cannon option; which, although it was very fun, didn't feel to match the hunter fantasy in my experience.

As for Hati, I hope they bring it back in the future in an improved format. Maybe as a talent that gives you 2 pets, but comes with a small penalty or something.

I feel that the BM class fantasy can go any number of different ways depending on interpretation. "Me and my one loyal companion" is certainly one way of looking at it, but to me that's more of a general hunter feel rather than BM-specific. If you look at the big BM hunter in lore, Rexxar, then you quickly see that his defining aspect is MANY loyal companions - not just his main companion Misha, but also Huffer, Leokk, etc. In fact there's even a quest line in SMV (WoD) where you meet a number of them in sequence, each used for a specific purpose; you also witness Rexxar befriending new animals. Going by that template, I find it perfectly acceptable to see BM as a hunter that focuses on friendship with a number of animals, going far beyond the bond between a regular hunter and their one pet. Now, of course the details of this are highly negotiable - I'm on board with Dire Beast being perhaps a bit too much, except with the Dire Stable rune (i.e. temporarily calling your own other pets). But reducing BM to "one hunter, one pet" is imo a bit too narrow.

Ultimately we'll have to wait and see what Blizzard think. Just scrapping the 2-pet idea is the most convenient solution, as it's the least work and easy to tune. That alone makes it the most likely outcome for an expansion where they're focusing more on minigames than on classes.

BM will probably get two pets baseline or talented, Hati will become like the first pet transmog - basically a reverse version of the essence swapper. if not at BfA launch, definitely in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    Pet AI is already horrible enough. Having 2 pets with horrible AI just doubled up the problem.
    To be honest. Pet AI in WoW is one of the better Pet AI I've played with in many games.
    Back in the days it was horrible, but to be frank there are very few situations where pets get stuck or do something I don't intend them to do, very few.

Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    Aren't you 2cool and 2edgy
    Genuinely surprised anyone likes it. Literally every single person that I know who plays/played a hunter doesn't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    You said it my friend!
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't..

Seeing how nothing was really done about the horrible pet AI in Legion... I'm praying for a Lone Wolf BM with BFA.

On a more serious note, fuck Hati, good riddance. Tying more of BMs damage to a slower and even stupider pet was surely a smart idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    I also had to "transmog" hati every time I decided to use another pet lol, which got tiresome.
    The above post should never be taken seriously in any shape or form. Failure to do so might result in laughing matters.

Quote Originally Posted by solarfallz View Post
    Genuinely surprised anyone likes it. Literally every single person that I know who plays/played a hunter doesn't like it.
    Little guy isn't too bad after they made him charge in with Kill Command and share Dash with your main pet. My only major gripe these days is how long it takes for him to phase in after I summon my pet or dismount, takes like 5 seconds :S
    I think a lot of BM hunters who liked Hati; mostly liked him for the double pet thing though. Running around with two wolves or two raptors was kinda cool.

Personally I think they can just re-implement this either as a talent or as a pure cosmetic item (toy / glyph); even with the latter you would probably satisfy 90% of the BM hunters.

I think having 2 pets is great flavor. I dislike MM having pets, and am glad they've improved it by adding the option to run without one.
    It might be a great flavor, but I dislike how a lot of people see having 2 pet's as just that while in fact it's a game changer in many ways and far beyond cosmetic option.
    It brings A LOT of design problems without adding much to the gameplay itself really. Just think of PvP...
    Preferences differ. SOMEONE will end up displeased. That's just reality. And you can still run MM with a pet, you know. It's a bit of a damage loss, but much less so than it would have previously been if you just decided not to use a pet.
    You know that this isn't true. Saying that it's an option just because thers a talent for it is just stupid as I would claim that you ALWAYS (yeah even in vanilla+) had an option to be petless MM as all you needed to do was to dismiss your pet.
    It's the better compromise.
    That's just your opinion, I can see your point as it flavours you, but it is just that. And I speak here about purely damage loss either. Like, right now, there is literally no reason to run MM with pet. Fact that it is a damage loss is one thing, which for instance in PvP is even bigger as pet can be CCd and so on, but also MM doesn't just have any interaction with that pet because at one point Blizzard decided it to design that way. That's why I will always oppose people in flavor of "petless MM". Again, as with BM double pet case, this isn't just a "flavor" but a much greater gamechanger that people are really seeing it as.