Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Surgex View Post
    Who cares about hati, they should put harambe in game

Have you seen the guardian Druid challenge form? #Harambear

I personally miss having only one pet. Lot going on with two running around and one always lightning’ing constantly. R.I.P. indeed...

I will miss having 2 pets for sure. Dire Beast just doesn't cut it, and Survival already is the "1-pet-spec".

We should be able to have 2 pets active at all times from our stables.

I can't wait for Hati to be gone gone gone....

I won't miss Hati.

Kinda surprised they didn't go with a talent to go for dual pet though.
    Even if they don't, they could always go with a glyph that simply gives you a cloned second pet purely as a cosmetic feature. Doesn't even have to do damage, just have an attack animation for show.

Quote Originally Posted by Nythiz View Post
    I won't miss Hati.

Kinda surprised they didn't go with a talent to go for dual pet though.
    Even if they don't, they could always go with a glyph that simply gives you a cloned second pet purely as a cosmetic feature. Doesn't even have to do damage, just have an attack animation for show.
    Not a bad idea... but it would be really confusing in PvP, don't you think?

Deleted
    Just pull a reverse "Lone wolf";

You now deal 15% less damage, but have a second pet, who deals XxDMG and uses Y and Z skills, at your disposal.

10+ Year Old Account
    When the BM rework was first revealed for Legion, I wasn't massively impressed. When I had a chance to beta test the BM rework, I still wasn't impressed due to the amount of downtime between abilities and focus regen. What was interesting though was the idea of the second pet. The fact that it mirrored the direction you gave your main pet should have mad the control easy to manage, and the DPS benefits smooth. The class fantasy of running with a pack as a Master of Beasts is somethign I really like. I still really like the idea of Hati; of the second pet. However, the idea is soured by the horrendous AI attached to it. Returning to you side during AoE fights instead of target switching like your main pet did made for choppy DPS. The fact that if Hati died, he didn't wouldn't return for something like 25 seconds....what other class/spec had the same or similar penalty to the output from their artifact weapon? Add to this the rubbish pathing, where neither of your pets followed if you dropped down a level during a fight unless you either dismissed and resummoned, or had to dance between passive and active to make them responsive again. I'll say it again; I really like the idea of Hati. The problem was always the implementation. If they can fix it for BfA, then I'm on board with the 2 pet system for BM (along with a fix to the excessive downtime in the rotation, but thats a point for another thread). If they can't fix it, then I'd settle for a single, fully functional, bug free pet.

10+ Year Old Account
    For those who like having 2 pets, I sincerely hope there's a talent or some such option to have 2 out at all times.

As for me, I'll gladly welcome back my one powerful/durable pet that I had for almost 8 years before Legion stripped that choice.

The whole appearance of having 2 pets is awesome and really made BM stand out. But the actual gameplay of having 2 pets is a fucking nightmare. And was even worse in the early days of Legion.

I'm sad to see Hati go for the fact I've grown used to having 2 pets. But I'm like thank fuck I get to control only 1 pet again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I won't miss Hati very much. I'd rather have a companion like Addie Fizzlebog following me around. She's at least funny and helping farm Orderhallresources and gold.

I hate that dog - can`t wait to have him put down.

I really won't miss Hati at all. It would be sort of fine, if it would be a copy of your main pet, but if I summon another pet for a different utility (brez, bloodlust, heal), Hati stays the same and most likely won't fit the theme of the other pet. Would need to use Essence Swapper to fix this, but I can't really be bothered to do this all the time.
    In general I like the idea more of having only one pet anyway, so I am glad that it will return to this in BfA most likely.

For people who like having two pets, they could just make a glyph to visually duplicate the main pet as some people already suggested.

Fuck Hati. I hate Hati. I never wanted a second pet and this second pet has been awful beyond belief. Just last night, I used the teleporter to Imonar. Hati didn't come with me. He didn't come and he didn't come. He finally showed up probably 20 seconds after the fight started. I send my pet in to fight with a pet attack macro. Hati sits by my side doing nothing until I hit Kill Command (and then he still has to waddle in at the speed of molasses before he gets to the point where he actually attacks). I hate Hati so much.

I hope a cosmetic option for a second pet is added for those who want it, but Hati cannot be gone too soon for my liking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good riddance. Any true hunter doesn't use pets. He/she trusts their eye and bow.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I will miss having 2 pets for sure. Dire Beast just doesn't cut it, and Survival already is the "1-pet-spec".

We should be able to have 2 pets active at all times from our stables.
    Survival is the real BM spec anyways, there's more synergy between the player and his pet as Surv than as BM.

I'd love for hunters to have just one pet at a time and no skill to summon more, all that clusterfuck of pet is annoying.

Pet AI is horrible. It's only worse with 2.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

You all made great points about the terrible AI of hati. I will not miss hati at all. My best example from recent memory of the horrible AI is on Demonic Inquisition. In this fight hati would stand by me almost the entire time except for when I hit kill command. Then hati would return to my side until i hit kill command again.

I would really like to see Blizzard fix the issues of our main pet before adding in other pets. Just yesterday I was doing the Kill 20 demons quest on Broken shore. I pull 4-5 and use MD on my tank pet and my pet gets stuck on a very small and barely noticeable rock and will not move or attack at all. Why is this so hard for them to fix? It happens so much that it is a pain in the butt.

Honestly if we're able to transmog our artifact weapons and NOT allowed to tame spirit beast that looks like Hati I'll be pissed. Could easily make her a spirit beast and add her permanently to the game.