Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    Robot AI is predicted to be 10,000 times smarter then it is now by 2030. They have already built computers that managed to create their own language (they destroyed them after). Robots will be able to learn and adapt and over time that will give them an edge. We'd have to program some sort of IRobot code in them and hope for the best if this is the route we are going. I've also heard that man will become part cybernetic in order to help us keep up. Interesting couple hundred years ahead of us. lol
    And by 2100 computer intelligence will exceed the sum of all human minds in existence. So yeah, they'll definitely outthink us. But my point is that out computing us might not be the same as becoming fully aware. Thinking for themselves, based on their code, is different that self awareness. But I don't know. I mean, I really don't know. And all the brains are against me on this one.

Derailing a topic about robots into gender bashing is why we deserve genocide.
    I for one welcome our new metallic overlords.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Boston Dynamics are disgusting, just look at how they treat their robots.

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    Well, for some reason they don't seem to be big news when women rape little boys at school. Seems like every week now their is a 22-30 year old female teacher that is slapped on the hand for having sex with 1 or multiple 13-17 year old boys. But...gender equality, right?

- - - Updated - - -

I personally have not heard of many stories breaking of multiple pedophile teachers going after boys, but there are tons of teachers going after little girls. And some women who go after little boys, but at a less frequent rate.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Then we can start accusing robots of sexual assault.
    Only the Caucasion ones.

Deleted
    Stop derailing this thread into a gender/race discussion.

That was one sick backflip! He's really improved his moves after joining the circus.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Just needed to dab at the end, really draw in the youth. Joking aside, this coupled with the new mini-spot I have faith I will get to see a full robot war before i die.

And the next best thing our shitty race will be able to do to that cool ass robot is strap a few machine guns to it.

So, you are telling me, robot barely manages to accomplish what simplest animal does effortlessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

So the new golems arise... the prophecy is being fulfilled... the fated day awaits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Video of some robots doing amazing things and all people want to do is spout their bigotry. The robot uprising can't come soon enough.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    So, you are telling me, robot barely manages to accomplish what simplest animal does effortlessly?
    Animals have been at it for hundreds of millions of years though. Robot iterations started maybe a hundred years ago. Atlas is pretty good from that perspective. As far as the software, they can do autonomous or teleoperated, so we can't judge that side of it without more details.