Thumbs down Why are there two sets of rules?

Based on your ideology?

What is the point of the infraction system? For me it's to give warnings to people who cause problems in the forums, 3 strikes you are out. But what is the point in those rules when you only chose to enforce them on posters the moderators disagree with?

I got infracted for saying liberals blame people for their own actions, but if you bash conservatives you don't get infracted.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    I do, and it only confirms that conservatives will literally fabricate their own world so their views seem credible to the uninformed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    "Conservatives", more like largely unqualified crazies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    if you're a conservative that live on an alternate reality, where facts and actual data doesnt matter, you can say that is not a shitty leg to stand on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    This is what conservatives do when they want to emulate the "ivory tower liberals", they engage in their favorite pastime, conspiracies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Are all conservatives this spineless in the US? Or is that limited to trumps following constant in need for a safe space.
    This was only in a couple of days! I didn't even bother looking further back or showing the Republican bashing and the "Trumpster" bashing. You can call everyone who voted for Trump derogatory names without getting infracted, how is this fair?

There forums are really toxic, and it's not fair to hold one group of people to the rules and the other to not. I am not trying to start anything I just want things to be fair!

There aren't two sets of rules, there are basic rules and context matters a ton. Which you can't get from random quotes pulled out of a thread. We look at not only posts that are reported but also other relevant posts in the thread to get a clear idea of the intent behind the posts and consider what is reasonable. If you think something should be infracted you can report it or discuss it with the mods privately. The whole reason we have real people moding the forums is to be able to look at the context of posts and make judgement calls. Sometimes we get those wrong which is why we have the appeals system and anyone can PM to ask a good faith question about why something isn't or is infracted. It's a complex system.