10+ Year Old Account

Vitality Resonator

is a 945 Vitality Resonator any good, compared to 920 owl?
    Hi

No. Unless you have a decent Arcano, you're not going to take off that Owl any time soon except for an Injector and Argus Trinket.

I take off the Owl all the time. It's a ST trinket, there's plenty better for AoE fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Taalyn View Post
    I take off the Owl all the time. It's a ST trinket, there's plenty better for AoE fights.
    The question was explicitly comparing VR to Owl, so it's reasonable to assume it's primarily about ST fights. Not like VR is any better in AoE anyway. Useless PoS trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Taalyn View Post
    There are times you can use Owl on AoE fights though. Owl is still an amazing boss damage/focused-target-for-20-seconds trinket. Idk about Mythic yet but to my knowledge, there is no fight where you're just literally AoEing the entire time you're in combat besides Eonar (and that fight's such a joke, why even optimize for it?). Hasabel and High Command are close but there are times you won't be AoEing and Owl works just fine (for boss damage), especially HC where the boss is taking 15% more damage. Scale up those Owl bolts!

VR is just dumpsterfire. Versatility is weak as hell, usually 3rd/last for virtually every caster DPS, and the on-use just gives Int, which barely scales at all compared to secondaries. We had a 970 drop for us in our first Heroic week, and literally no one wanted it besides just playing with it.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.