Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    How do you think DH will perform in Battle for azeroth ?

    DH as a whole has been a strong class I'd say. Not an overpowered one but we had area to shine and despite having some issue at some point playing either Havoc or vengence wasn't a bad choice.

    Do you fear the class will fall off the dev radar and sink down or remain strong since its a popular class ?

    Personaly if I had to bet money I'd say the class will be middle ground. I don't base it on any info that I have just my feeling after playing WoW for years lol.

  2. #2
    Over 9000! AlexisSanchez's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Spanish Tax Agency
    Posts
    9,411
    Havoc will be mercy to the whimsical nature of tuning like all dps classes. They wont be the favourite child like they are in legion making sure they are always at least viable.

    Venge's kit will always remain strong so unless they massively rework the spec there will always be a place for venge in group content.

  3. #3
    Do we have a crystal ball? Please someone bring us a crystal ball so we can answer this guy about his 1 year in advance question.

  4. #4
    Bloodsail Admiral Scottyjscizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    1,192
    I don't see much happening to them, then again I played Feral for years leading up to going Demon hunters so my bar of "the broke my class" is pretty hard to sink lower than.

  5. #5
    A lot of it depends on what they bring over from the artifact as well and legendaries.

    Do they turn meta into a shorter CD? (5 mins without anything from the artifact).
    Eyebeam cost less fury?
    Do they bring in Overwhelming Power and Feast of Souls? (almost mandatory for Demonic Builds)
    Buff fury gains since we will no longer have AotG?

    Too early to tell. Hopefully they keep us around the same gameplay wise.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimzum View Post
    Too early to tell. Hopefully they keep us around the same gameplay wise.
    Blizz really anjoy totaly re working class gameplay from xpack to xpac so its very possible they make a 180 turn around on everything hehe.

  7. #7
    Pretty sure they stated that no real class reworks are gonna happen. Could be wrong though.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannic View Post
    Pretty sure they stated that no real class reworks are gonna happen. Could be wrong though.
    They are doing a complete specc rework like with Legion, but they will do changes to the classes. On the front page they already said they will take a look at Demonology Warlock and Survival Hunter because the speccs are not working out as intended.
    I can see what you see not - vision milky then eyes rot. When you turn, they will be gone - whispering their hidden song...

  9. #9
    Pointless speculation at this point, with absolutely nothing to go on. /thread

  10. #10
    bfa dh = reroll now fast.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Havoc will be mercy to the whimsical nature of tuning like all dps classes. They wont be the favourite child like they are in legion making sure they are always at least viable.

    Venge's kit will always remain strong so unless they massively rework the spec there will always be a place for venge in group content.
    We are the favourite child? Hasn't seemed that was so far, at least to the extent DK was.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Havoc will be mercy to the whimsical nature of tuning like all dps classes. They wont be the favourite child like they are in legion making sure they are always at least viable.

    Venge's kit will always remain strong so unless they massively rework the spec there will always be a place for venge in group content.
    .... You do play a Havoc DH right? Your post is inconsistent with the experience of Havoc demon hunters so far.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

  13. #13
    Over 9000! AlexisSanchez's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Spanish Tax Agency
    Posts
    9,411
    Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    We are the favourite child? Hasn't seemed that was so far, at least to the extent DK was.
    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by bowchikabow View Post
    .... You do play a Havoc DH right? Your post is inconsistent with the experience of Havoc demon hunters so far.
    Oh woe is me. Poor art thou DH suffer alone in silence.

    Please. Notice the use of the words "at least viable" I put in there to hopefully pre-emptively ease the fanbois rapid foaming of the mouth. I see that failed. Ok so we didnt top every raid on the mythical Simulation dps ranking logs but DH extreme burst has been pretty op all expansion.

    Cant sit there and tell me DH hasnt had it sweet in legion. Especially when you consider dungeons and the new M+ system where DH has shined.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Havoc will be mercy to the whimsical nature of tuning like all dps classes. They wont be the favourite child like they are in legion making sure they are always at least viable.

    Venge's kit will always remain strong so unless they massively rework the spec there will always be a place for venge in group content.
    LOL have you even played a Demon Hunter this expansion? Havoc is one of the weakest melee classes in the game since the bloodlet nerf. They gutted Havoc almost a year ago now and we haven't even been top 10 since. The only part of our kit that's decent is our burst, which makes out numbers LOOK inflated and strong later in a tier, but we are by far one of the worst progression specs in the game. Saying we're the favorite child, after we've gone through numerous ptr patches of them telling us they're going to do something big for us and then they don't do anything, is pretty stupid of you.

    Same for Veng, they've been the worst raiding tank since they got nerfed in Emerald Nightmare because people were stacking mastery to cheese mechanics. They do great damage, subpar healing, and they have the worst survival/AM in the game out of all the tanks.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    - - - Updated - - -



    Oh woe is me. Poor art thou DH suffer alone in silence.

    Please. Notice the use of the words "at least viable" I put in there to hopefully pre-emptively ease the fanbois rapid foaming of the mouth. I see that failed. Ok so we didnt top every raid on the mythical Simulation dps ranking logs but DH extreme burst has been pretty op all expansion.

    Cant sit there and tell me DH hasnt had it sweet in legion. Especially when you consider dungeons and the new M+ system where DH has shined.
    LOL you're joking right? Havoc also one of the worst M+ specs for Legion...they have 2 sources of AoE damage and both are on insanely long cooldowns....

  15. #15
    Over 9000! AlexisSanchez's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Spanish Tax Agency
    Posts
    9,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    LOL have you even played a Demon Hunter this expansion?
    Why is this always the go too? "lol have you even played a DH" it makes me not even want to reply but seeing as ive gone this far ill finish off this and its all you're getting.

    And yes DH is good for M+ heard of a spell called Chaos Nova? Its an AoE stun. Its pretty good, give it a go sometime. You can even spec so it has a shorter cooldown and if you pick up these floating orbs the cooldown is even lower you can use it on every pack pull then blow up the bosses with metamorphosis cooldown. Or even better you can run the demonic build and have near perma meta with your main spell being aoe cleave with another talent, ill let you figure that one out for yourself.

    And dont under sell vengeance so much its unbecoming.

  16. #16

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    We are the favourite child? Hasn't seemed that was so far, at least to the extent DK was.
    We were, during the 1st week of Legion XD

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Why is this always the go too? "lol have you even played a DH" it makes me not even want to reply but seeing as ive gone this far ill finish off this and its all you're getting.

    And yes DH is good for M+ heard of a spell called Chaos Nova? Its an AoE stun. Its pretty good, give it a go sometime. You can even spec so it has a shorter cooldown and if you pick up these floating orbs the cooldown is even lower you can use it on every pack pull then blow up the bosses with metamorphosis cooldown. Or even better you can run the demonic build and have near perma meta with your main spell being aoe cleave with another talent, ill let you figure that one out for yourself.

    And dont under sell vengeance so much its unbecoming.
    There's no underselling anywhere, the statistics prove it. There's next to no Havoc Demon Hunters being brought to high keys for M+. That's a fact, there are plenty of AoE stuns in the game with shorter cooldowns, even after you spec for it. Havoc is garbage all around, so I highly doubt you actually have played the spec in the last 9 months.

    There's no underselling veng either, the statistics prove that as well by being the least used tank all of ToS progression their damage mitigation is the worst of any tank in game, the only thing they have going for them is their high damage, which literally means nothing when you die because you're taking 70% of your health pool in a single melee swing on a later mythic boss.

  18. #18
    Over 9000! AlexisSanchez's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Spanish Tax Agency
    Posts
    9,411
    Venge's low numbers in mythic is because every mythic guild spammed guardian druid for the entire expansion because they were OP. Doesnt mean venge is shit. Since the buff/nerfs they are not the trash tier you make them out to be. Sigil of silence alone is huge

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Venge's low numbers in mythic is because every mythic guild spammed guardian druid for the entire expansion because they were OP. Doesnt mean venge is shit. Since the buff/nerfs they are not the trash tier you make them out to be. Sigil of silence alone is huge
    I already refuted this comment you're making which is probably why you didn't bother to quote me. Veng takes far more damage than any other tank in the game, which is why they're garbage. They are literally trash tier compared to any other tank because they take on average 25-35% more damage. Sigil of Silence doesn't make up for having the worst AM in the game, especially when there's next to no mobs during a raid boss that can be silenced.

  20. #20
    I mean it's only a numbers thing at this point right? They're a pretty basic class. I think a lot of it is gonna have to come from getting/not getting certain trats from their weapon I guess.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •